Thread: What tier scales and claws at what level?

Default What tier scales and claws at what level?

I have found a ton of great info on these forums and various sites on the web but the one thing I haven't found yet is a listing of what tier scales andclawsI can wear at what level. For example, I found out from a guildie last night that I could upgrade to a Ruby Quartz claw since I am level 29 now. Could have at 25 but I didn't know that. Also I am wearing Iron-Slate scales and was wondering at what level I go to the next tier of scale. That sort of thing.

Is there a list somewhere that I haven't found yet? Or does someone have a list maybe that they could share?

Thanks,
    Tanaros
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Default Re: What tier scales and claws at what level?

new scaleset every 20 levels, last at 80;
    new scale slot every 10 levels. last at 90;
    new claw every 5 levels or so.

Every time you gain a new level of Claw Mastery ability you are eligible for new claw. This is due to claws working identically to monk hand wraps. Because of how HZ is programmed, a weapon in your hand will override any base damage your abilities will grant. Thus, claws grant identical damage as your current Mastery level. Upgrade your claw always, else you'll be tied to a lower base damage than you are entitled to.

The real reason to use claws are the tech slots it grants, usually used for crystals and stones. In case of an ancient dragon, the combo would probably be the ancient crystal plus a deadlands stone (damage proccer) plus a stat-boost crystal.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I found it at the IGN site actually:

http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/weapo...h%20and%20Claw
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

i really do need to look more closely at claws at some point, i didn't know about the correlation to claw mastery. what i _do_ know is that eventually claws start to actually increase your delay.. you're actually better off _without_ one, except that having techs on them generally outweighs that.

oh! ... huh.... did they used to?
    i could've sworn they used to slow you down...

Thread Information