Thread: Lair chamber positioning issues.

Default Lair chamber positioning issues.

This seems to be a bit touchy at times. I'm going to try to describe the specific problem I had here, hopefully someone can tell me if it is supposed to be this way or not.

The section of my lair that I am working in is the corner with the entrance.

|
    |
    __* the 24x24 space on the level just below the entrance, where the red border of the entrance has disapeared.

My layout looked like this. (Tx S) is a silo, with the tier number.

(T4 S)
    (L-R-D) (L-U-D) < thoes are 3 way coridors, (left-right-down), get it?
    (T1 S) X

They are built up to the edge of the lair, with the L-U-D coridor pressed to the right wall, and the T1 silo pressed to the bottom edge. The X is directly below the entrance, and is the place I was told I am unable to place a tier 1 silo, dispite the fact that it seems like an obvious 24x24x24 place with a good attach point for the simple silo. Is it imposible to build in the spot underneath the lair, or is this a function of something else?
    Lumineux Talar

Default Re: Lair chamber positioning issues.

Don't know if this is what you're asking, but:

On level 0, that space is unusable. It's fine on other levels as long as the object you place doesn't collide with that space on level 0. On levels other than 0, I think it is possible, using the attachment points, to build "backwards." In other words, build a slope upwards, instead of down, as long as connectivity is maintained.

Still, since a t1 silo only has a single connection point on the uppermost level, it could only be built top-down. Not sure how this could collide with the entrance. Did you see DB's post about terrain collisions in lair planning? Maybe something like that is causing a problem.

As a side note, I found that planning stuff with machine chambers at T4 works out really well. It almost gives the same boost as expert, yet all of them are single levels. Your lair space can be saved for storage things like halls, library, and lair chamber.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Thread Information