Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ...so how about fixing those SLITTED NECKS?!?

Default Re: ...so how about fixing those SLITTED NECKS?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirsathia
    I don't know about Kiti, but I've got a 19" at 1280x1024. It's STILL too big. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    I play on a 19" at 1024x768 and while the bounding box is too big for clicking, I have no problem seeing around.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Mirsathia wrote:
    I don't know about Kiti, but I've got a 19" at 1280x1024. It's STILL too big. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

I play on a 19" at 1024x768 and while the bounding box is too big for clicking, I have no problem seeing around.
    That's exactly what I stated. The bounding box is too big on the old model. :P

~Mirsathia

the new model and the same model use the exact same bounding box, this is a technical fact.

Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    the new model and the same model use the exact same bounding box, this is a technical fact.
    So my annoyance at an imaginary bounding box change is as logical as your demand for the devs to patch in the aesthetic preference to your character and force it on everybody. OKAY! :D

~Mirsathia

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Cobal wrote:the new model and the same model use the exact same bounding box, this is a technical fact.

So my annoyance at an imaginary bounding box change is as logical as your demand for the devs to patch in the aesthetic preference to your character and force it on everybody. OKAY! [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    ~Mirsathia
    A technical fact which DEV can easily fix, but won't.
    Why did they spent ressource on a new poor model, when all they had to do is change the radius of the bounding box?

And the illogic come from the fact that you have a smaller model for the same box size. Why decrease the size IF you end up having the same issues?

Shrink the box and keep the model big, instead of shrinking the model and leaving the box the same. That would have been the right solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Mirsathia wrote:[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Cobal wrote:the new model and the same model use the exact same bounding box, this is a technical fact.

So my annoyance at an imaginary bounding box change is as logical as your demand for the devs to patch in the aesthetic preference to your character and force it on everybody. OKAY! [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    ~Mirsathia

Why did they spent ressource on a new poor model, when all they had to do is change the radius of the bounding box?

And the illogic come from the fact that you have a smaller model for the same box size. Why decrease the size IF you end up having the same issues?

Shrink the box and keep the model big, instead of shrinking the model and leaving the box the same. That would have been the right solution.
    **********. Trying to prove a point to you is like smashing one's head agains a brick wall: Totally mindless response, and it only gives one a headache.

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dragoniade wrote:[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Mirsathia wrote:[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Cobal wrote:the new model and the same model use the exact same bounding box, this is a technical fact.

~Mirsathia

**********. Trying to prove a point to you is like smashing one's head agains a brick wall: Totally mindless response, and it only gives one a headache.
    Can you do anything other than attack other posters?

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus

Only when they don't attack me. ^_^ Can YOU do anything except snide sarcasm? That's pretty much all I see from you, too.

~Mirsathia

/Off off topic

Its amazing. Kids mostlypost insulting one liners, but adults write essays! I love how in most mmosthe older players complain about the younger players being whinney kids, but as we can see here, they are just practicing being adults. [:P]

/back on topic

I still have a lot of trouble with the bounding box on the new model, but I can see around my character easier.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Pharcellus wrote:

Only when they don't attack me. ^_^ Can YOU do anything except snide sarcasm? That's pretty much all I see from you, too.

~Mirsathia
    He didn't attack you in that post.

Learn to read.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

No, not at all.
    Your annoyance at the imaginary bigger bounding box is just that, Imaginary.
    My demand for the devs to replace the new broken model with the old working model is logical because the old model is what everyone (excluding you) was happy with.
    We have explained this to you a million times, you refuse to see our side of the argument just for the sake of being argumentive.
    This applies more to you than to anyone else.
    Not even one time have you said anything logical on these boards.

A little question for you.
    I reply to your imaginary concern that the bounding box is bigger. I tell you in one simpel neutral sentence why you are mistaking.
    You feel the need to reply with a snide comment.
    Why is this?
    Does it make you feel better about yourself?
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Yay. More one liner. My turn.

Hmm. here's one

Trying to get you to admit you may be wrong and change your mind is like trying to get Scrooge to give some money to charity for Christmas. Both need divine intervention.

Anyway, for those who have problem with geometry:

Before
    ------
    | * * |
    | * * * |
    | * * * |
    | * * |
    ---------
    Now:
    ------
    | * |
    | ** |
    | * |
    ------

Solution I was proposing:
    -*-*-
    -*-*-

Aka the box is smaller and restricted to be in the main body area instead of the outer border.
    We don't need to click on wings and such, since the box actually expand and contract each time a dragon do an action that make then spread their wings.

Don't believe me? Go in game, select the 'Box' as the selection ray, then select yourself. Watch the box expand and contract with every action you take

Topic is getting out of hand,

locking topic.

Thread Information