Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Release Notes - 11/17/05

Default Live Release Notes - 11/17/05

The following Changes/Fixes/Additions are being added to Chaos and Order on November 17th:

Additions:[*]Relstaroth the Lairshaper and Balennos the Crystalshaper have arrived in Istaria. Those who are interested in joining the Lairshaper school should seek out a Dragon Craft trainer for assistance.[*]The following guild communities have acquired new lair plots:[*]Sakon: 2[*]Jami: 1[*]Toku: 2[*]Moyo: 1[*]Cameron: 1[*]Immons: 1[*]Clio: 1[*]Apia: 2[*]Papa: 2[*]Cire: 2[*]Tagan: 2[*]Moroto: 2[*]Grandli: 2[*]Tavu: 3[*]Carmo: 2[*]Baker: 5[*]Gerard: 5[*]Nana: 3[/list][*]Added over 900 crystals to the loot tables of the Withered Aegis.[*]Pawnbrokers will now pay for items based on how many they have and how many you wish to sell. They are only willing to keep a certain amount of a particular item in stock. Their stocks will decrease over time.[/list]

Changes/Fixes:[*]Gummy Power will now cap flight speed.[*]Demon Claw is now equippable in the Claw slot.[*]Corrected the description of Crystalshaping II technique.[*]Corrected the description of Lairshaping IV and V techniques.[*]Redbacked Spider Numbing Venom will now display a stunned particle effect.[*]Journeyman Ambrosia now requires a Cooking skill of 400 to scribe.[*]Fixed the location for ?Warrior: Find the Lost Patrol? to be the road between Sslanis and Parsinia as the quest states.[*]Updated the form ?Beginner Dairy Products? so that both Sweet Milk and Butter will now produce 3 units instead of 1.[*]Satyr Talisman forms will now classify as Jewelry formulae.[*]Quest ?Dragon Tooth and Claw Expert? will now count Sickle and Blizzard the named Ice Golems.[*]Vampiric Bats now lasts for a significantly shorter period of time, but is no longer dispellable.[*]Paladin?s Aura of Light now does 110% damage to undead[*]Fixed the Profession Tag for Outfitter Trainers throughout Istaria.[*]Pumpkin Pie will now use an Adobe Pie Pan instead of Earthenware.[*]All purchased resources from Genuata now classify as Tier 1.[*]Increased the effectiveness of the following Festival Foods:[*]Caramel Apple[*]Chocolate Mouse[*]Chocolate Spider[*]Granny Nuffle's Festival Cookies[*]Pumpkin Pie[*]Roasted Pumpkin Seeds[*]Beginner Dried Fruits corrected to read "Cooking Table and Oven" instead of Pottery Kiln.[*]Gummy Maggots now impart the "Gummy Power" effect which lasts for 10 minutes, reduces your delay for melee and ranged attacks by 25%, and caps your speed at 8.[*]Updated the description, name and steps of the following Dragon quests which are now all given out by Gerix in Kion:[*]"Improve the Accuracy of your Breath Attack" (formerly Accurate Breath I)[*]"Learn the power of Healing" (formerly Instant Heal I)[*]"Deliver a Load of Spell Shards" (formerly Dimensional Capacity I)[*]"Prove yourself worth of the Gift of the Dragons" (formerly Dragon's Gift I)[*]"Learn to damage opponents from a distance" (formerly Dragon's Reach I)[*]"Gain the power of the Draining Strike" (formerly Drain Strike I)[*]"Bolster your attack with Gold Rage" (formerly Gold Rage I)[*]"Recover the Carapace of Gritus Maximus" (formerly Hardened Scales I)[*]"Extend your knowledge of the Primal Magics" (formerly Primal Mastery I)[*]"Gain the knowledge of Spiked Scales" (formerly Spiked Scales I)[*]"Sharpen your claws and teeth" (formerly Tooth & Claw I)[/list][*]Sir Aidan will now accept Werewolf Bones for consignment.[*]Medium Bag of Coins maximum coin value corrected.[*]Chocolate Mouse will no longer be consumable by non-mice eating races.[*]Beginner and Journeyman Dough formulas will now classify properly.[*]Removed Blighted Equiptment and Crystals from Necroflies, Fyakki and Taratulas, they are also no longer considered Withered Aegis.[/list]

Simulation Changes/Fixes:[*]Experience for contributing resources to a structure is properly calculated based upon base skill values rather than current.[*]Corrected an issue that can lead to the "Plot permission information is missing" error message which prevented access to structures and NPCs on a plot.[*]Experience for contributing resources to a structure is properly calculated based upon base skill values rather than current.[/list]
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Live Release Notes - 11/17/05

[*]Pawnbrokers will now pay for items based on how many they have and how many you wish to sell. They are only willing to keep a certain amount of a particular item in stock. Their stocks will decrease over time.
    Let the pawn broker farms begin!

Experience for contributing resources to a structure is properly calculated based upon base skill values rather than current.
    Interesting that this was finally changed/fixed.

Adv: 12x100, 72 Wizard, 60 Warrior, 40 CHSW, 10 Monk (200)
    Craft: 19x100, 100 Tailor (234)
    [extended vacation]

JorgNep

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness
    Let the pawn broker farms begin!
    I'm sure this means almost all private PBs will now deny anyone else access - what a pain!

A question about the change to the Pawnbrokers, if they do not have a givin item in stock will they give you more coin for it and the amount of coin will decrease as their supply increase untill they will not take any more? Or will theamount they offer for items stay the same as it is now and decrease to a set min or go to zero?
    Xyndro

Dragon of Order.

"Pawnbrokers will now pay for items based on how many they have and how many you wish to sell. They are only willing to keep a certain amount of a particular item in stock. Their stocks will decrease over time."

"Experience for contributing resources to a structure is properly calculated based upon base skill values rather than current."

I don't like those two changes either.

The pawnbroker change goes against the Community spirit. This will lead to people restricting access to the general public so that others dont fill it up selling what the plot owner will want to sell. It takes alot of plot space and alot of construction to build the higher tier pawnbrokers, now they wont be for everyone and they wont buy at the same prices. This will also hurt the town pawnbrokers that are near the same one or two resources that all the players will be selling there. Prices will drop quickly making them useless. Now on a plot instead of building one T5 or T6 pawnbroker you might as well put up 3 or 4 of the old style ones that buy at T4 prices since the others will drop there buy price anyhow.

I also dont like the change to experience for applying construction materials. This at least was a little bonus for actually building things. Now we will see less built up on plots and even fewer wanting to contribute to world projects. As it is now there are few plots and world construction projects actually being built. This is not going to help in anyway with that.
    ~Robins

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(89)Crossbowman/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(84)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(46)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(75)Armorer/(71)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (42)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

I just hope Gerix is fixed

The change for experience will increase your experience by applying items to plots, not lower it.

thign i wanna know is why change the PBs at all? sure u get a lot of money for certain things but in the end does it rele matta? ppl do that to get lots of money for the really high proces plots and overpriced rare items sold by players

removed by poster

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

Current will still be used to determine your efficiency when you're applying units.

But now you will use base to determine how much experience you get for that application. Like nonconstruction crafting works.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    [*]Pawnbrokers will now pay for items based on how many they have and how many you wish to sell. They are only willing to keep a certain amount of a particular item in stock. Their stocks will decrease over time.[/list]
    Here we go again. Crafting nerfing. Like Crafters need it with such a poor economy.

Pawnbroker is nearly the only long term option to make money out of crafting. What crafting should be, aka selling items to player, is not an option to make money, Once you'ce sold your item, it's a one time deal. No item can break. No item will decay. Now they're nerfing pawn... for what? Prevent farming.

Come one. Is Horizons only Adventuring? When are we going to see:
    "Monsters will now drop trophies and coin based on how many players or groups have in their inventory. They will only give up to a certain amount of treasure to a player per day."

The other thinks sound ok, except for what the have been brought up in past discussion and got ignored.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I too don't like the Pawnbroker change. Now its just going to be that much harder to get money for everyone ELSE, who up till now, didn't line their pockets *sigh*

The system, though not perfect, was firmly established. I see no real reason to be changing it at this date. What ELSE are we suppose to do with all those items we HAVE to construct by the Thousands to make levels? We still have to sell them or trash them, now we'll just get less money for it.

And yea, the private pawnies will no longer be for the community.

Was this one of those ideas run by the "Private Feedback group" first? Yea..somehow I doubt it.

Sorry but, I don't agree with this. And nice that it wasn't put to blight first so we couldn't talk about it for a week before it was live...yea..good how you slipped that one in there. Though I understand, I'm sure you didn't want to hear the complaints no matter how valid they may be.

So much for those of us who didn't spend all our time farming coin before...

*sigh*

Kessallin

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth

Pawnbrokers will now pay for items based on how many they have and how many you wish to sell. They are only willing to keep a certain amount of a particular item in stock. Their stocks will decrease over time.
    So, how are crafters supposed to make money now? [:@]

Please don't tell me it's by "crafting desirable products for sale at the consigners". If the server populations were up in the Heavy/Very Heavyrange like they were long, long ago, I could belive this. But with a population level that rides the line between Very Light and Light at the peak times it's just not enough. This is reinforced by thefact that the community has pulled together enough where most of the high level crafters will make things for free if you can provide the components (which I feel is a good thing at this point in the game's "life").

Unless the PBs have alot higherinventory thresholds than I expect, that means that the only money left to be made is by farming the mobs that drop cash orhigh-value, rapid turnover components. The rest of us will have to be content with being eternally broke until we're high-level combatants. This game just doesn't have the populations to support the player-based economy that it's designed to.

Anyone has issue patching?
    I get error when I try downloadin the file "Lair Helian Orb Consigner_u.ent"

BTW, since when are there spaces in Horizons's filenames?
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

ssylva

I just did a test -- I ran off 130 grazing winds 1 spells (which isnt that atypical for a craft run) and took them to the pawnbroker...

The first got 27c.
    The second got 26c.
    The thirteenth got 13c
    The twenty-fifth got 2c

He wouldnt take any more....

Now I have to hoard each at a huge cost to my wrist or delete them also at a huge cost to my wrist.

PLEASE rescind this change! Crafting will now make no money (and I mean NONE because you cant even do ONE load of spells to a pawn broker before he wont take them)..

I mean I was scared thinking the first load would be ok and by the 5th load I would have to change pawnbrokers but sheesh -- not even being able to do even close to one craft session is really REALLY bad.

You are going to LOSE PLAYERS over this one...

Make different spells, duh.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Amon Gwareth wrote:[*]Pawnbrokers will now pay for items based on how many they have and how many you wish to sell. They are only willing to keep a certain amount of a particular item in stock. Their stocks will decrease over time.[/list]

Here we go again. Crafting nerfing. Like Crafters need it with such a poor economy.
    The economy is poor because coin has no value because you can pull in 120 silver + per inventory of tier V gems as with many other things.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

ssylva

Um no -- Lets say you make 10 of each spell which is a real hassle anyway(I mean it isnt like they even list them in skill order)... You will run out of spells that are in the skill range you are making before you hit a point where the pawnbroker will take them...

Quote Originally Posted by ssylva
    Um no -- Lets say you make 10 of each spell which is a real hassle anyway(I mean it isnt like they even list them in skill order)... You will run out of spells that are in the skill range you are making before you hit a point where the pawnbroker will take them...

Making spells for coin isn't the same as making them for experience.

If you flood a pawnbroker, try another one.

The idea is to change the way people craft items for coin to provide a more varied inventory for pawnbrokers. (right now no one buys things from them except maybe techniques) The economy is so screwed up with the amount of easy coin grinding something had to be done.

[EDIT:] Be happy this wasn't done months ago before dragon lairs went in. I'm sure pleny of people have already earned 30+ gold from fire isle.
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Robins
    "

"Experience for contributing resources to a structure is properly calculated based upon base skill values rather than current."

I also dont like the change to experience for applying construction materials. This at least was a little bonus for actually building things. Now we will see less built up on plots and even fewer wanting to contribute to world projects. As it is now there are few plots and world construction projects actually being built. This is not going to help in anyway with that.
    This is a good thing. Up until now, experience for applying construction units to structures was based off your current skill. Now, itll go off base. There should be more incentive to xp off applying then by making tools. (well one can dream).
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Thread Information