Thread: HAVE SOMBRERO, WILL TRAVEL!

Manga

Default HAVE SOMBRERO, WILL TRAVEL!

Welcome to Baela and Manga's GenCon Adventures!

Tuesday, Movember 15th
    [*]Sometime in the evening - Baela and Manga discuss travel plans. We agree to leave the Phoenix area no later than noon.[/list]

Wednesday, November 16th[*]Noon MST - Leaving Tempe![*]8:00 pm MST - STILL leaving Tempe[*]8:15 pm MST - Manga takes the first turn behind the wheel.[*]9:30 pm MST - After a stop for a flashlight for Baela, McD's for dinner and Manga's first pit stop, we finally hit the 10. 327 miles to go. Curb checks so far: 3[*]10:10 pm MST - Baela sends a text message to a friend on her new phone.[*]10:15 pm MST - Manga gets personal asking about Baela's text life. Baela decides against throwing things at Manga while he is driving.[*]10:17 pm MST - Do to excessive laughter, Manga makes a failed attempt at running an 18-wheeler off the road.[*]10:18 pm MST - We have discovered that the rental van goes 90mph. Manga says, "Governor, Schmovernor!" Baela (who is rather night blind and has no sense of direction whatsoever) threatens to drive. Manga begins singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and slows down to 75mph.[*]10:21 pm MST - Manga suddenly yells "I'm going 90 again! ******** you, Bonnie Tyler!" Baela shakes her head and goes back to reading her book by the light of her neat new flashlight.[*]10:28 pm MST - Baela asks Manga to stop tailgating the SUV in front of the rental van. Manga's response: "Oh, my bad. I was watching The Little Mermaid on their DVD player. Check it out, they've got a 17" screen!"[*]10:35 pm MST - First static on the radio. No CD player in the rental. Commence scanning - 1160am on our radio dial: What on earth is the Lars Larson Show? 78 miles to the Arizona-California border. Will Baela survive this trip without sedation?[*]10:45 pm MST - Thank God for Fridlekh! He left enough room between the monitors and boxes for Baela to crawl into the back and hide. Time to sleep and NOT watch Manga's driving.[*]2:30 am PDT - WE MADE IT! Apparently while Baela was hiding, Manga managed to get a bit lost. Who needs maps, right?[/list]

Thursday, November 17th[*]8:00 am PDT - The alarm goes off.[*]10:30 am PDT - Lost somewhere between Sunset Beach and Anaheim. Frantically searching for Coca Cola. People still drink RC Cola??[*]10:35 am PDT - DB calls to see when Baela and Manga will be at the Anaheim Convention Center.[*]10:45 am PDT - w00t! We found it! Time to unload and get everything set in Booth #125 up for the start of the show tomorrow morning.[*]12:18 pm PDT - Lunchtime with DB, Ophelea, Manga and Baela at the Clarion. YAY! This hotel has karaoke every night! Manga threatens to sing. Baela decides maybe karaoke is a bad idea.[*]2:10 pm PDT - We have the internet! Everything is hung up and organized. We're only short one power cable, and a fishbowl to keep the raffle tickets in.[*]2:30 pm PDT - Baela puts on the headphones and jams to Neil Young's "Motorcycle Mama" while putting together the patch notes for the Live update today. Lair auctions start today!![/list]

Stay tuned for more of our adventures!

Default Re: HAVE SOMBRERO, WILL TRAVEL!

w00t! have a tequila (or three) for me...

(ahh.. memories of setting up trade shows... good times...)
    Got Cowbell?

Rarr!! Must try Tommy's!! Chiliburgers, chili-hotdogs,chili-fries, chiliomgimgonnadie! The two closest to Anaheim:

WESTMINSTER
    7000 Westminster Ave.

NORWALK
    15911 Pioneer at Alondra

They're both open pretty friggin late. The Westminster one is in a better neighborhood IMO.

Oh, and since you're down in that area, dvdplanet has a store. Satisfy that dvd craving. http://www.dvdplanet.com/help/help_store.asp

Stop at The Block too. Yees... Spend that money!
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Money?

What is this money you speak of?

How does one obtain it?

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
    My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    It is sadness that drives the wrath..."
    Buffalo
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

ROFLMAO!

Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Rawdge AE
    Money?

What is this money you speak of?

How does one obtain it?
    There would be many plans for this..

1 - Get Manga Drunk. Get him singing Karoke. While he sings, sneak up behind him (or if drunk enough, just take his wallet off the counter) and take his wallet. The green papers in there, that's money. However, if he has some white or colored hard plastic things with silver numbers on them - take those too! They are better than money!!

2 - Wait for Horizon Fan to distract David or Manga, or any of the team, in discussing the finer points of dragon lairshaping, collision detection, or even better the infamous *new engine*. While distracted, repeat same above, only dont bother looking for the wallet on a bar. Go straight to pants pockets of distracted bosses... again either green peices of paper or hard plastic with numbers on it.

Either one and you're good.

Once retrieved, run like Hell...

And have fun!

10:28pm is my favorite[:D]
    Somewhere between the Sacred Silence and Sleep there is Order -System of a Down
    Let's have a war, clean out this place - A Perfect Circle

We used to get it by selling lots of stuff at the pawnbroker! :p
    *holds up a sign: "Will craft for food!"*

As for the real stuff, I dunno. They say theres this piece of plastic with embossed numbers and a mag-stripe on the back that lets you buy just about anything ;)

You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Ssrydian

10:28 pm MST - Baela asks Manga to stop tailgating the SUV in front of the rental van. Manga's response: "Oh, my bad. I was watching The Little Mermaid on their DVD player. Check it out, they've got a 17" screen!"

LOL that is -SO- Manga. Baela is just lucky you didnt run out of gas like you normally do. :P

I miss the adventures!

I wonder if Baela appreciates the implication about her driving skills [:P] So what if it takes 8 hours to get out of Tempe ? It may be a rental van and not your own transport, but it won't look pretty buried under that 18 wheeler, honest !

Sounds like you both had a good journey over to GenCon, really do appreciate the feedback on what's happening for the Tulga crew on the way to / at GenCon [:)]

Quick! Hit the HERO booth (within the Independents stretch) over there! Me bro and his wife is one of the three manning the booth. I dare you to convince him to try HZ. :D

Quote Originally Posted by steelclaw
    We used to get it by selling lots of stuff at the pawnbroker! [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    *holds up a sign: "Will craft for food!"*
    Lol !
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Lethosos
    Quick! Hit the HERO booth (within the Independents stretch) over there! Me bro and his wife is one of the three manning the booth. I dare you to convince him to try HZ. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    Curiously, several of the people who used to work for Hero Games (before the company changed hands) play(ed) Horizons.

P.S. Jason and Tina rock!

Straight on. Both of them are absolutly among the neatest people on Earth to meet in your lifetime.

Oddly enough, I once considered Istaria HERO, but realized that there's not enough background and internal intrigue to even do a one-shot adventure.

Baela Baela BAELA!

AWESOME job on the GenCon blog! Thank you
    for taking the time during a hectic convention to
    give us all a good laugh. much appreciated [:)]

*hugs Baela*
    Got Cowbell?

Hah! no mention of good ol' me in the blog [:O], probably one of the few "Old School" players there. At least I got to do an interview with David, and will be editing and posting it soon.

All in all it was a fun time had by all. Just in listening to the comments from passer by and people who stopped in the booth.... "It's the game where you can play a Dragon" was heard.

I also heard several "I am tired of the cartoonish WoW characters and this game looks graphically better."

I also got to peek at lair creation, (thanks to a developer account and being able to develop the lair quickly) but that was impressive (I only wish MY computer would be that smooth) [:D]

Catch you in Istaria.

Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information