Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to rescind the Pawnbroker Nerf

ssylva

Default Petition to rescind the Pawnbroker Nerf

We the community of Istaria are upset at this blatent and uncalled-for nerf to being able to sell things to pawnbrokers. It will harm the community as a whole by making guild pawnbrokers of necessity private, and by making it very hard for newer players(especially dragons)to advance. We ask that it be rescinded as soon as is possible before the community loses any players.

Ssylva Del (43/44 dragon on Order)

Default Re: Petition to rescind the Pawnbroker Nerf

It's a step in revaluing the coin in Istaria and restimulating player-player transactions.

It isn't going to be as bad as everyone thinks, and it's not going to be undone. Short term looks bad, long term should be a better game with an actual reason to have or earn money.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

umm .... PB runs happen because there isn't enough population to support player to player transactions. That stopped being a viable means of making money back in February 2004.

Economies are set by population numbers. So unless Tulga thinks this game is going to have 50,000 players over night they may have to rethink this one.

mindlor

Let me make this simple,

Put it back the way it was.

If not done by next patch, count me out.

Puki level 61 adv / 77 crafter on order shard

DuckyDactyl

I'm devastated by this and am asking that this change to the PawnBroker please be removed. I'm not much of a crafter, but I am aware that this will make things incredibly difficult for everyone in the future, but mostly for dragons who have less of an ability to make a variety of things. I rarely see anything bought from the consigners unless it is a cargo disk or expensive biped armor with multiple techs. Disallowing players, especially dragons, the ability to sell some gems is mean-spirited and ruins much of what I had come to believe about Horizons and Istaria's community.

Kamo Tokage (65 adv/61 craft Lunus)

Quote Originally Posted by ssylva
    We the community of Istaria are upset at this blatent and uncalled-for nerf to being able to sell things to pawnbrokers. It will harm the community as a whole by making guild pawnbrokers of necessity private, and by making it very hard for newer players(especially dragons)to advance. We ask that it be rescinded as soon as is possible before the community loses any players.
    I agree.

Tzaphnil Karkahitin (46 Adv/45 craft Helian -Order Shard-)

Kessallin

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    Money is currently meaningless in istaria except to buy stuff from NPCs (or initial plot purchases). I have tried to buy things only to be turned down because n oone wants cash. They (crafters normally) have no desire for my coin because they can make more coin easier by using this semi-exploit. Now that avenue is a little bit harder to take for a crafter. We'll see how much effect this will have. Personally I don't think it will do all that much, but who knows.
    The crafters didn't have much use for your coin because they could make money themselves? Did you need their coin? No, because you mugged WA stooges for their lunchmoney? Congratulations.

Of couse, the forms, techs, and comps you get from mobs, you consign... and sell to crafters. So, now a lot of crafters won't be buying your techs, comps or forms.

Oh yeah, you won't care... you can still pawn at full value because you only get one of this, one of that. Well, full pawn value, which is how much lower then consigner value? That's great....

I approve this change. PBs were nothing but money mules before, hope this stabilize the economy.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

So long as the limits have been set to reasonable amounts (not like 200 bars and you've sold too much, more like 50-100k on resource type items and the PB closes down on that item until time drops some of the PBs inv off) then I am fully behind this change. I don't see this change as a bad one at all and money really should have more worth than inconsequential as it is now.

mindlor

50-100k? good luck, you get 25 of the same item per pb

mindlor

We are the customers. They make the game, but the game is for us. We as the community should have a voice in changes of this magnitude.

Sadly, time and time again we find ourselves having things such as this thrust upon us in a like it or lump it fashion.

I find this to be disrespectful and arrogant.

Sadly the only way I have to vote is with my hard earned dollars.

Horizons is a great game and has even greater potential. It saddens me to see it wind up this way.

mindlor

Enough talk,

My point is made, your point is made. The ball is in Tulga's court. I will await their response and measure my next move accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by mindlor
    Enough talk,

My point is made, your point is made. The ball is in Tulga's court. I will await their response and measure my next move accordingly.
    That has to be the most mature thing I have seen posted here all day. I thank you.

As it stands right now, I agree with gophers assesment of somthing needed to be done, but I'm waiting to see how reasonable/effective the changes actually are, and what the amount to price ratio is before I get all upset over potentially nothing.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

only 25 items? wow.

like I said in the other thread, what is an enchanter to do? make 25 orbs, 25 tainted orbs, 25 purified orbs.... and then your done for the day?? brilliant. I could fullfill that in less than one full load of essense.

color me crazy, but I think we have more important problems that need fixing than pawn broker runs.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

I don't know where they got the 25 items from, It's probably going to be somewhere in the range of 50 for some items(Forms/Techs), to several thousand for others(Resources)...That's a guess of course, but far more likely than 25...

Edit: Read the other complaint about this and saw where they got 25 from...have you tried it with resources? Either way, I still support this move to get rid of eternal gold...

And no, I do not have much money, over a year and a half in game and I have 1 gold in savings and a 7 gold plot that I worked hard to get...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Fairs fair Blights should drop as much less coin as the pbs have been reduced by as they are also an unlimited supply of gold.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

The current quantities that a standard Pawn Broker will be willing to stock:

3000 of each gathered and processed resource
    300 of each crafted "stackable", i.e. food and potions
    30 of each crafted, techniquable item

The cleanup period is heavily randomized to prevent anyone from timing their trips, but on average, a standard Pawn Broker will completely deplete their stock in about a day. This is, of course, assuming the stock isn't refilled in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    The current quantities that a standard Pawn Broker will be willing to stock:

3000 of each gathered and processed resource
    300 of each crafted "stackable", i.e. food and potions
    30 of each crafted, techniquable item

The cleanup period is heavily randomized to prevent anyone from timing their trips, but on average, a standard Pawn Broker will completely deplete their stock in about a day. This is, of course, assuming the stock isn't refilled in that time.
    thanks for clarfication.
    would have saved your customers a bunch of grief if it was in the patch notes however.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

I'm in full support of this change to the PB for the following reasons...
    ( I'm sure these reasons will not be agreed with by all... such is life in Istaria )

1. Money was too easy to make and had become worthless. Realize that even if a player never took advantage of this method, MANY others did. They have made too much wealth enter the system. This MUST be corrected to improve the economy.

2. A lack of limits in any game mechanic can and will be exploited. What this means is that once found, any unlimited thing be it a repeatable quest, or easy way to make money will be exploited for personal gain. Unlimited easy quests were stopped because it allowed folks to level too fast. The PB adjustment is the same thing. It was NEVER intended to be a primary source of cash.

3. Unlimited PB's have hurt player to player interactions. Yes it's true that we still craft for guild mates, and new players to help them out. But I'm willing to bet that you don't craft to make money. Why? Because its faster to just pawn them for cash, and crafted goods sell too cheap since everyone else can craft the same things. I'm hoping this change will influence crafters to start crafting for money again. And from what I suspect will come next, we will need to.

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

ssylva

Of course nothing that dragons can craft are in that stackable category -- we make spells and scales (practical limit of 12 per pawn on each).

Thread Information