Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lair Pieces

Default Lair Pieces

I made a little excel spreadsheet to help me plan out a lair and thought I'd share it. It shows the dimensions of each room and where all the attach points are. Enjoy.

Lair Pieces

edit: Each square is a 24x24x24m block. So if you have a 120x120x144 lair then you have 5x5x6 blocks to build in. (not counting whatever you can fit in the extra 0 level)
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Default Re: Lair Pieces

Thank you! This will come in handy.

Someone needs to do the crafting chambers. Unfortunately, I now have bids on live so can't run over to blight to check that out.

Maybe after the auction. Of course we can't do anything until then anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    Someone needs to do the crafting chambers.
    Think you missed tabs 2 and 3 - the machines are there

This is excellent - I was hoping someone would come up with something like this.

ThanksTym :)
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx

Think you missed tabs 2 and 3 - the machines are there
    Oops. You're right.

When it comes time to plan my lair I plan to have this printed out and sitting next to me.

Ghwerig

This is great! Thanks for making the effort.

I have a question regarding the machines now. We have 6 tiers of machines, but bipeds have 3 different levels of machines (beg., jman and expert).

What is the difference between each machine level and are we restricted in anyway by the levels?

Can anybody answer this one?

edit: looking at the spreadsheet again, I believe T1 and T2 are beginner, T3/T4 Jman and so forth. The only difference will be the number of entrances/attachment points between the pairs of Tiers. example: T1: 1 entrance/attachment point. versus T2 has 2 entrances. Same footprint.

Again, this is great for a planning perspective! Thanks again.

there is a DB post that lists benefits from machines by tier. also.. yes, everything is basically the same from t1 to t2 except additional exits (except storage, which changes each tier in lair size it takes up), t3 to t4, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghwerig
    This is great! Thanks for making the effort.

I have a question regarding the machines now. We have 6 tiers of machines, but bipeds have 3 different levels of machines (beg., jman and expert).

What is the difference between each machine level and are we restricted in anyway by the levels?
    From this thread (read down to Amon's reply) - each teir of machine gives +15 to your skill, so T1 = +15, T2 = +30, T3 = +45, etc.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

JorgNep

One thing I wish they would change - I wish the spirals could open to one side or the other, not just straight ahead. As it stands right now, corners are pretty useless (whereas they would be more useful if you could move up or down a level in them).

Quote Originally Posted by JorgNep
    One thing I wish they would change - I wish the spirals could open to one side or the other, not just straight ahead. As it stands right now, corners are pretty useless (whereas they would be more useful if you could move up or down a level in them).
    I agree. I would love to see a spiral with the openings at a 90 deg angle from each other and another spiral with the openings on the same side. That last one could even be just a shaft you have to fly up/down.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

great work in creating this... [:D]

But I still have 1 question about your creation...

What is the differencebetween the various entry points...
    I mean what is - - - or ____ for example?
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    great work in creating this... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

I imagine there is no difference. In Excel, a virticle bar: | (<shift-\> ) comes out as a solid line up and down, while a horrizontal line is created using 3 dashes: ---.[:D]
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

As an FYI, we will be adding a spiral that is 24x24x48 the exits at a 90 degree turn from the entrance direction in January. (This was based off of player request).

David
    David Bowman

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dragonboy wrote: great work in creating this... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

I imagine there is no difference. In Excel, a virticle bar: | (<shift-\> ) comes out as a solid line up and down, while a horrizontal line is created using 3 dashes: ---.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    Sounds logical... [:)]

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    As an FYI, we will be adding a spiral that is 24x24x48 the exits at a 90 degree turn from the entrance direction in January. (This was based off of player request).

David
    Very cool an thank you for the information...
    I am just wondering one thing.
    Is it 90º clockwise or also a spiral which goes 90º counter clockwise?
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman

David
    umm, thats 2 levels down? And that really doesn't help it just wastes vauluable lair space. We need a 90 degree in one level.

Also, will there be an upspiral? Why an up spiral? Because my entrway will go to the the 90 degree spiral into my grand hall and the (now 2 levels) above will be part of my industrial area. So my guests and tour groups will go down into the grand hall, not thru all my machines.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

90 degre is good because if you have a room ending at one edge of the plot, you can still build one.
    But a 360degree spiral would be good too. You build 2 identical room over each other and you could connect them.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

EDIT: Sorry, brains were leaking out my ears. 24x24x48 is the same as the existing spiral. <stuffs cork in ear>

But I would still request and up spiral.

You walk into my lair, there is a passage forward and a passage to your left that leads to a vault.
    You go forward and come to a spiral down, it leads you into a grand hall with many doors
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    90 degre is good because if you have a room ending at one edge of the plot, you can still build one.
    But a 360degree spiral would be good too. You build 2 identical room over each other and you could connect them.
    I think you mean 180 degrees. 360 is what we have :) -- you exit facing the same direction as when you entered, which means if you put your spiral in a corner, you exit facing a wall.

David, will we have a choice of which direction to exit with the 90 degrees? Or will we always exit facing right (for example) from our original entry? I had to switch a silo and a spiral in order to get the spiral not to exit into a wall ... but by the time I build back that far, it will be January or later, and I can re-switch them :) So long as one makes an effective left turn in the spiral, all is good for that design.

-Myrthwynn Elendion, proud owner of Elvenwood Lair.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    I think you mean 180 degrees. 360 is what we have [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] -- you exit facing the same direction as when you entered, which means if you put your spiral in a corner, you exit facing a wall.

David, will we have a choice of which direction to exit with the 90 degrees? Or will we always exit facing right (for example) from our original entry? I had to switch a silo and a spiral in order to get the spiral not to exit into a wall ... but by the time I build back that far, it will be January or later, and I can re-switch them [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] So long as one makes an effective left turn in the spiral, all is good for that design.

-Myrthwynn Elendion, proud owner of Elvenwood Lair.
    No no. What we currently have are 180 degre spiral. If you enter it facing east, you exit it facing east. like this -> [] ->
    On a 360 degres, if you enter East, you exit West. <=> []

If you take alook at the lair piece sheets, the spiral are showed as being 180 degrees
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]David Bowman wrote:As an FYI, we will be adding a spiral that is 24x24x48 the exits at a 90 degree turn from the entrance direction in January. (This was based off of player request).

Davidumm, thats 2 levels down? And that really doesn't help it just wastes vauluable lair space. We need a 90 degree in one level
    Actually, I believe that is 24 for the level you are on, and 24 more for the level below you, thus 48 to take you from the current level to the next..

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    Also, will there be an upspiral? Why an up spiral? Because my entrway will go to the the 90 degree spiral into my grand hall and the (now 2 levels) above will be part of my industrial area. So my guests and tour groups will go down into the grand hall, not thru all my machines.
    I am confused. Travel goes in both directions, how can there be an 'up' spiral and a 'down' spiral? If you simply mean to indicate your reletive ending position such as moving up a floor or down a floor, all you have to do is rotate the spiral, right? Works for me.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Thread Information