Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lair Pieces

JorgNep

Default Re: Lair Pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    I am confused. Travel goes in both directions, how can there be an 'up' spiral and a 'down' spiral? If you simply mean to indicate your reletive ending position such as moving up a floor or down a floor, all you have to do is rotate the spiral, right? Works for me.
    I think this has to do with the "connect" point. I believe only the top opening on a spiral can be connected to existing planned or built structures, thus creating (from a planning perspective) a spiral that yu can only attach going down, not up.

A way around this may be to create T1 tunnels on the upper floor (you will later delete them) to meet the spiral you want to place. that way, it will connect where you want it using the upper connect point, then delete the tunnels on the upper level. That may keep connectivity (since you also have connectivity from the lower structure).

We'll see.

About the 180 vs. 360 degree thing - you guys are just defining the starting point differently! One is defining it from the way you face as you enter the room to the way you face when you exit (360 or 0 degree exit) and the other is defining it as how far along the outer circle are the different openings (180 degrees apart).

Yes spirals go up and down when moving thru them. But attach a spiral to an end point of something onlayer 3, does the spiral connect to layer 2 or 4? It always connects to 4. It will never attach up.

The reason I want this, again I will explain.

When you enter my lair there would be a 3 way passage, to your left would be the vault (there are no other exits to vaults). If you move forward from the entrance it leads you to a spiral down to the grand hall. All my guests would skip layer 0.

Then once in the grand hall you could look around, but to go up to the industrial level on layer 0 you leave the second door on the upper level of the grand hall and it would take a up spiral to get back up to that level, a spiral as it is right now only attaches down.

And Jorg once connections are made you couldn't delete them without deleting the spiral first.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

When I was rereading the Dragon update thread started by DB I came across a nice list of stuff that was supposedly going to be added...
    Some I recognize, but others seem new to me or at least dont seem to be on the list in this thread...
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Consigner
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Crystal
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Essence Shaping
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Fountain
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Gemworking
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Hall
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Hoard
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Lair
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Lavapool
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Metalworking
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Pawnbroker
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Pool
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Shrine
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Silo
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Stoneworking
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Chamber ? Waterfall
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Corridor ? Bend
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Corridor ? Corkscrew
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Corridor ? Slope
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Corridor ? Straight
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Corridor ? T-Intersection
    <David-Lairs> Lair T1 Corridor ? X-Intersection
    Does anybody know what has become of these items and if they have been added does anybody know its size?
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

perfect help, thanks for your work

Death-Knell,

Maybe I was half-asleep and dreaming, but I thought I tried this when designing my lair. I added the spiral and moved it to the attach point I wanted it at, then rotated it and it became an upspiral rather than a down spiral.

Worth a shot anyway.

And if it doesn't work, what about starting with a 4-way, to the left is your storage, to the right is the industrial complex, and forward takes you down to the grand hall. I'd think that would be more convenient for your own crafting needs, running in with resources, anyway.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

CrystalMist

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif
    Death-Knell,

Maybe I was half-asleep and dreaming, but I thought I tried this when designing my lair. I added the spiral and moved it to the attach point I wanted it at, then rotated it and it became an upspiral rather than a down spiral.

Worth a shot anyway.

And if it doesn't work, what about starting with a 4-way, to the left is your storage, to the right is the industrial complex, and forward takes you down to the grand hall. I'd think that would be more convenient for your own crafting needs, running in with resources, anyway.

You are indeed correct. I was able to have the spiral go up as well as down by using the rotate option. The difficult part was that you had to change your lair lvl to see what direction it went to.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMist
    You are indeed correct. I was able to have the spiral go up as well as down by using the rotate option. The difficult part was that you had to change your lair lvl to see what direction it went to.
    Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere already, but... rotate does much more than just turn the active lair piece around. Based on my minimal experimentation, it seems to rotate through all the active piece's attach points. For example, when I wanted to attach a T4 hall to my tunnel so that it would attach at the bottom-most door of the hall, I had to rotate it multiple times, through all the valid doorways, until it was attached at the correct entrance.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

What I would like to see is some sort of shaft.

24x24x24with 6 attach points. One on each side of the cube.

Make it a t2 or t4 piece if you want but please add something like that.

This would allow for way more flexibility in building lairs.

It may be biped-unfriendly but it would suit a Lunus' Mind :)

And it would save precious space by having just one shaft go down through all the levels with plenty of exit points on each level to attach other rooms to.

They did plan a straight drop to be added - a hole in the ground for lack of better word - but looking at the full component list Dragonboy quoted above, seems they dropped all the fluff rooms and pieces that weren't absolutely necessary for lairs to operate. I can only guess they were running too much behind schedule and pruned the job list.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I added to the database and tested 2 new Lair corridors today. (Thank you Andrew for the quick turnaround on getting those made.) They are the Spiral Reverse and Spiral Corner (in both Lunus and Helian flavors). The Reverse exits in the opposite direction of the entrance. The Corner has two exits at 90 degree angles to the entrance.

These will be part of the next delta to Blight, and will then become part of the next delta to Live.

We are testing the endcap Murals. The first test one functions well in any location that a chamber can be built, but does not yet allow itself to be built at the very edge of the Lair or between two chambers that don't have common openings. We will continue to work on this.

Have a Merry Christmas, Winter Festival or holiday of your choice. I'll see you in Istaria.

David Bowman
    David Bowman

[Y]

Sweet. I tore down my design I had planned, and deconned the first hall, to wait for the corner useable spirals to show up. Thanks :)

JorgNep

Thank you, thank you, thank you David (and all the Devs!)

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    I added to the database and tested 2 new Lair corridors today. (Thank you Andrew for the quick turnaround on getting those made.) They are the Spiral Reverse and Spiral Corner (in both Lunus and Helian flavors). The Reverse exits in the opposite direction of the entrance. The Corner has two exits at 90 degree angles to the entrance.

These will be part of the next delta to Blight, and will then become part of the next delta to Live.

We are testing the endcap Murals. The first test one functions well in any location that a chamber can be built, but does not yet allow itself to be built at the very edge of the Lair or between two chambers that don't have common openings. We will continue to work on this.

Have a Merry Christmas, Winter Festival or holiday of your choice. I'll see you in Istaria.

David Bowman
    David?
    Is there a chance the following buildings will be added in the near future?
    Lair T1 Chamber ? Fountain
    Lair T1 Chamber ? Lavapool
    Lair T1 Chamber ? Pool
    Lair T1 Chamber ? Waterfall

I also believe a spiral with a waterfall or lavaflow down the center would be a nice addition... ^_^
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

David Bowman
    Oh I can't wait to use these on my lair in January. Great work. Now, I can't wait either for the new, improved and not sub-par dragon storage silo!
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Vertical shafts? Please??
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

Scree

I'd love to see the exits/entrances on Helian and Lunus being on opposite sides.
    i.e. Say the Lunus flavor has a front and left connection, the Helian flavor has a back and right connection.
    Same goes for T3+ storage chambers. We need some with side connections, rather than all being just front.
    I have a ton of wasted space in my lair that's down to just dumb connections on structures.
    Not everyone has a 120x120 or a 244x244 lair. Some of us have 120x96, and 96x96 lairs. It's not as simple for those to utilize the space in them and due to the lack of side connections, we either build more corridors (taking away yet more space) or simply waste the space altogether.
    I can't plan a T5 something into the middle of my lair when I can't build that yet, nor would I want to.
    A few simple options for connections would not go amiss, and making the helian different from the lunus would be one way of doing that.

I love the excell sheet showing all the different room.

I have a real noobs question about it, when see something like "storage T6" that spreads on 3 level. Do I assume like a byped would, that sure it's like silo and it's 3 floor up, or do I think differently and it's 3 floor down. And this would block two floor below me.

Also is their a post or document that shows what the attribute for all these new rooms a bit misterious to me; grand hall, hall, and lair. Do they actually convert to house and guild house for storage.

P.s.: Did they ever build a spiral that you can actually place in a corner, or a multy levels spyral (ie: go from level 1 to level 3 or 4)
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Okay this is news to me ...
    I added ... (in both Lunus and Helian flavors).
    I really need to fix my account and purchase another subscription so that my draggy can get a lair.

Lunus & helian flavors ?

Is it like Lunus are stuck with the dam red color of Dralk and Helian have less harsh color which replicate Chiconis?
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Yupp. Also, Lunus have lava flows while Helians have waterfalls.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    I love the excell sheet showing all the different room.

I have a real noobs question about it, when see something like "storage T6" that spreads on 3 level. Do I assume like a byped would, that sure it's like silo and it's 3 floor up, or do I think differently and it's 3 floor down. And this would block two floor below me.
    Actually, storage rooms go down, not up, so aye, is you build aT6 one, it will take up the space on the floor with the entrance, and the same footprint on the levels below it. So, no building a Grand Hall starting on the bottom level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    Also is their a post or document that shows what the attribute for all these new rooms a bit misterious to me; grand hall, hall, and lair. Do they actually convert to house and guild house for storage.
    Grand Hall is it's own animal. No comparison. Halls are similer to guild houses in that they can have a shrine in them. Lairs are like houses in that you can live in them, and they hold your stuff.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Thread Information