Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lair Pieces

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire
    Grand Hall is it's own animal. No comparison. Halls are similer to guild houses in that they can have a shrine in them. Lairs are like houses in that you can live in them, and they hold your stuff.
    I would have loved to see the data on the storage, to see if their is a major difference in capacity to worth going for the extra tiers component required.

Just to clarified about multiple hall/lairs ... On a byped plot, we can place one of each of the tier's house, but I believe that I read something somewhere when in lairs we can only build 2 hall/lairs (because it 1 lunus and 1 helian). Or did I get it wrong.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Illi
    Vertical shafts? Please??
    Humm!! that's an idea ... jump to the buttom of the lair fo quick access.

On the same side, I would love a spiral staircase that could traverse multiple layers of my lair.

My taugth would be like a staircase inside a tower that has exit on each floors. First the footing is the same, the same components to build, just more of them for each level. I don't know about the graphics and what they can do, as i would see 3 types: exit all on same side, exit at 45 degree on each floors, and exit on oposite side beetween floors.

Off course the optimum stair would be a possible multiple exist on each levels (ie: enter top at 000 - down - flat to exit 180 or 270 - down - flat to exit 090 or 180 - down - flat to exit 000 or 090 - down - flat to exit 270 or 000 - down - flat to exit 180 or 270 - down - flat to exit 090 or 180 - .. etc)

I can only dream , whell I still dream of one day see towers on byped plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    I would have loved to see the data on the storage, to see if their is a major difference in capacity to worth going for the extra tiers component required.

Just to clarified about multiple hall/lairs ... On a byped plot, we can place one of each of the tier's house, but I believe that I read something somewhere when in lairs we can only build 2 hall/lairs (because it 1 lunus and 1 helian). Or did I get it wrong.
    Nalrach, in theory you could have 1 Hall from each faction per tier and a grand hall from each faction so in theory that would be a total of 14 halls (guild halls) if you had the time and the space to build them. Not to mention the same with the lairs (houses) you'd have the ability to have 12 of them. In addition to having the ability to have 6 libraries.

There IS in fact a thread with all the storage information in this thread, http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=11033

I'm not sure if you have a character on Chaos since I do know you to spend your time on Order, here is the layout of my own lair in PDF
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Seranthor; July 5th, 2006 at 10:05 PM.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Nalrach, in theory you could have 1 Hall from each faction per tier and a grand hall from each faction so in theory ....
    Wow .... this is trow a loop. Now I could really stack the storage if I want, but most is how can I make Helian & Lunus architechture look nice in the same cave. Plus I saw that I had the stairs all figured wrong, which requires me to change a bit my design.

Thanks to your pdf, I really could see more of what I'm getting into. And that link to the lair info was

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Here is a revised/updated version of Tympest's original spreadsheet. It includes a few new items:
    1. Storage Calculation. This page allows you to calculate your lair's storage from lair, hall, library, and storage chambers. It gives the efficiency ratings of each type of chamber as well. Enter in the number of each chamber you have.

2. Lairshaping Calculator. This page allows you to calculate your raw resources needed per lairshaping unit to be placed. Enter in your number of units and your crafting ratios. Items are broken down and final numbers are reported.

3. Overburden Calculator. Great for when you are so overburdened you cannot move. Enter in your current capacity, unburdened total capacity, and the weight of the items you wish to split. The result gives you how many units you can split off and still move at up to 99% overburden.

4. Two sample lair layouts. These layouts show two methods of making a lair map in Microsoft Excel®. Feel free to change or modify these to fit your own lair, then print out for an easy map to keep from being lost or share with others who frequent your home in Istaria.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Nice update C'gan! I love the Lairshaping and Overburden Calculation tab

Thanks for posting that!

tanks for the post C'gan, that will come in very handy!!

Just found an error in the Storage Calculation page. Columns F and G should not change with the addition of more rooms. New file is uploaded, ready to download.

Thanks C'Gan...cept the Coridors_others worksheet is still missing the "Spiral Corner" corridor piece which you actually use in your lair. Personally it's one of my favorite pieces.

That part was originally done by Tympest. I only added the calculators. For the Spiral Corner, if the top is south, the bottom exit is east or west? I'll put it in and put up another file.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    For the Spiral Corner, if the top is south, the bottom exit is east or west? I'll put it in and put up another file.
    Both! The bottom has two attach points. Just the thing for those narrow lairs.

Updated the file for having both spiral reverse and spiral corner (neither were in the original).

Sorry for the missing file. We had a bit of a webpage booboo. I'll get the file reloaded tonight.

The file is reloaded now. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Default Re: Lair Pieces

do anyone know where the link about the lairshaping is

someone made a document how to shape (what resources into what element...)

thanks

Look for the Horizons Crafter program. It has all the laircrafter pieces in it. Sorry I do not remember where a link is off the top of my head. Will post it if I can find it and not one else does.

If you are looking for the crafting spreadsheet, it is here:
    OpenOffice.org format - http://www.lindenhall.org/rothwell/H...rResources.ods
    Microsoft Excel format - http://www.lindenhall.org/rothwell/H...rResources.xls

If that's not what you were looking for, I need some more clues.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    har har thanks for it

made my lairshaper life much easier ^^

ok next noob question: how many space does the structures provide ? Hall/Lair/silo? is there a link too? thx!!
    Last edited by Vlisson; April 9th, 2008 at 08:51 AM. Reason: add on ^^

http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/buildings/default.php

The infos about the units required to build a lair room are outdated tho

Thread Information