Thread: Fair is Fair I Suppose

Default Fair is Fair I Suppose

So when the new big update happened I logged on to rush around and see the new lairs and what people were bidding for them. I got tired of seeing prices that I could never achive being a hatchling. So I went to my guild's city of Tavu. I knew it had three lairs and maybe I could get one there.

Well I found the one I thought was in the best location and pulled up it's info. I was rather shocked to see that instead of "Bid" it said "Buy". For 1s I couldn't pass that up. So I bought the plot and was very happy. I told my whole guild about how I got the first lair in Tavu and several of them came by to see it.

Then tragity struck. A WM (world master) showed up and said I couldn't have the lair yet. Now I have never met a WM or a Dev before so I thought it was some dude messing with me and I told him in so many words to piss off. Well one of the ancients in the guild came by and saw the gold name above the character and told me that was a WM. So I whined about it for a while. And he tried to explain that nobody was supposed to have a lair untill all the biddings were done. Then I whined some more. But he assured me that I could re-buy the lair after the auctions were over.

I eventully agreed to hand over the lair and sell it back to the community. Of course there's really nothing I could have done anyway. I mean the guy was nice enough to show up and explain the situation to me. He could have just pulled my code and altered it lol. But anyway as I said. Fair is fair and me having a lair before anyone else would kinda lessen the experiance of having one anyway.......I lost 50c though -.-

Default Re: Fair is Fair I Suppose

Wow, seems the WMs are quick and on the ball over at that side of the pond. Not something that'd happen on Unity *cough cough*.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Well I guess that's a good thing. I mean I guess I could have bought the lair, gone through the quests and then spent hours planning it and building on it before he showed up. So I guess it saved alot of complaining in the end lol

Well no you couldn't I bought my guild lair, brought up the design screen and no rooms appear. So you couldn't have built anything.

Really no reason not to sell it.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

death-knell, if you still have a plot on blight and still can't build, try clearing your world cache. that worked for me when i couldn't build.

Well I bought another lair on blight and can do my planning there. Its on Order I can't plan.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    Well I bought another lair on blight and can do my planning there. Its on Order I can't plan.
    Do you have multiple CD keys or did they lift the restriction that you couldn't have a lair on blight if you have one live? I'm assuming that you wouldn't be allowed to bid if you already have your lair or plot.

I'm asking because, if they lifted that restriction, I'll go back to Blight and get to planning some more while waiting on the auction. Icould even do it with my first pick lair.

------------------

On the original post. I"m sorry to see you disappointed but that was the policy. Hopefully you'll have no trouble getting that lair once the auctions are over since it's on your guild's plot.

Bear in mind that if they didn't, purchasing a plot on Blight may remove all of your bids from your Live server.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Well the night before the auctions kicked of I thought it might be an issue, so I sold my lair plot on blight back to the community. I found the problem, at least with the bidding. One lair in chiconis up the hill towards the crafting cave a lot of people can't bid on, the button just stays grayed out. The other lair around the corner I bid on, but won't let me remove my bid *G*

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Thread Information