Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valkor's Blood Talon

Default Valkor's Blood Talon

Thanks to Pariah for giving me 2 of the pieces, Jayne for 1 of the pieces, and Valtur for crafting it.

Ethereal Leech area 10 will have to try it out, report back on effectiveness.

Default Re: Valkor's Blood Talon

First off, congrats on finishing the talon, Guaran. You've been at many a spawn, glad to see another complete weapon.

However, I really hope a developer will pipe up and explain why the other weapons do not have an area proc and yet the blood talon does. Perhaps it was an accident...

The stats on comparable in each case, the effects are very comparable, but the area really changes things up. As most all of us know, area attacks are sought after very highly in horizons. Before someone tries to turn this into a dragon/biped debate, that is not the point that is being made - my concern is not which race can use them. The issue is that all weapons require that you gather 5 pieces and assemble the weapon - why was one made clearly head and shoulders above the rest? <----([edit] misread sword stats see next post, should read- why is one clearly very comparable and clearly much weaker than the others? [/edit])

Adv: 12x100, 72 Wizard, 60 Warrior, 40 CHSW, 10 Monk (200)
    Craft: 19x100, 100 Tailor (234)
    [extended vacation]

Grats!

Yeah thats strange, the bow has the etherial pyroxism on it, which should be area effect.
    and now the talon has etherial leech... which is area effect, when it should be single target.

that is, only if they are supposed to mirror the spells they are derived from.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness
    However, I really hope a developer will pipe up and explain why the other weapons do not have an area proc and yet the blood talon does. Perhaps it was an accident...

Since when did everything have to be exactly the same and formulaic?
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

I'm not asking that they be exactly the same. My point is that the bow and talon are strikingly similar - both requiring 5 pieces to gather - but one is AoE while the other isn't. I don't think asking for a similar reward is unreasonable.

It has also been brought to my attention that thedot damage on the sword is higher. I will admit to being wrong there, there is a well pronounced tradeoff between the sword and talon. Rather than making the bow aoe, it would be just as reasonable to up the damage over time on the ability, then a tradeoff exists - this could be another solution.

I understand that it couldhave been a mistake during data entry, those things can happen very easily. I just want to know if it was a mistake or if it was intentional. Maybe in the end it wasn't and nothing will be changed, but I don't see the harm in inquiring.

[extended vacation]

See, I am nice! :)

Jayne

Could also be that dragons don't get an AoE drain (Or at least, not that I am aware of) and this is their chance...A biped is able to get masterable AoE drains, so this somewhat mitigates that...just a thought, dunno if it's the right one...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

really nice claw, grats[:D]

PS: which masterable AoE drain? Only know Area Syphon, wich might do slightly moreleech then one "tick" of that over time stuff, but only once on 5 min timer.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran

Ethereal Leech area 10 will have to try it out, report back on effectiveness.
    and...??
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Gratz Guaran [Y]

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

Well, in the Rift against a Guardian, I saw 80's dmg each tick. Against Valkors Marrows I saw 50's.

since it is area effect theres only certain instances where it will really be handy.

|stalks off to find a huge pack of icy dire wolves|

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath
    Could also be that dragons don't get an AoE drain (Or at least, not that I am aware of) and this is their chance...A biped is able to get masterable AoE drains, so this somewhat mitigates that...just a thought, dunno if it's the right one...
    I considered this possibility as well, Ssilmath. Ifeel that justification is incorrect because the set seems to be designed as more of a themed idea, rather than designed to address shortcomings in various races or classes. I personally think that it is great that a dragon shortcoming can be addressed, but that still does not explain one one item (the bow) was simply given a subset of thebuffs on another (the talon).The effort required to build them is the same afterall.

Were the abilities all very different (and thus hard to compare), you would not hear a word out of me about this.

[extended vacation]

I feel the same way guinness, while a bow user generally doesn't kill large groups, and a ranger (but not a scout or elar) can already cast the spell, there should be some equality there. The descriptions being all messed up just bugs me too, if its AoE called it EP, and if its single target call it EL. You shouldn't have to need someone to decipher what an ability means

If you ask me the target effect on all of the Valkor Bloodweapons should be aoe vampiric bats :)

Then they would truely stand out.

is the life leech melee only or does it trigger if you cast too??

interesting claw, i wished i would own one too ^^

Tried to get it to trigger from spells, didn't see it go off. Seems to be melee only.

Except that bats damage might not be all that strong, I'm sure Valkor's power is incredibly high, as his normal bolts do 800ish damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    If you ask me the target effect on all of the Valkor Bloodweapons should be aoe vampiric bats [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Then they would truely stand out.
    that would rock.. just the visual alone would be cool
    Got Cowbell?

Zvah

i kinda wish the blood weapons had something new to the game, something other then a rehashed spirit spell. Seeing as it takes a lot of effort to obtain one, it would be nice to see something nifty as a result.

Manga was kind enough to take a few minutes out to address my concerns today. He has correctly pointed out that the range on the bow was increased by 5. The dps on this bow is the same as a fine yew composite longbow, however the blood bow did have its numbers tweaked (better damage, but higher delay).

Upon further thought, let's say I decide to go out and kill a heavily armoured enemy. Most archers, like myself, have teched their armor for bow, but a crossbow would normally be more suitable in this case. Rather than foregoing my bow buffs - or re-teching another suit - theoretically I could switch to the bloodthorn bow and still benefit from the bow techs on my armor.

I apologize for implying there wasn't adequate reward for my effort. I simply wasn't looking in the right places for it. Thanks again to Manga for answering my questions [Y], as a token of my appreciation, I present him with:

[extended vacation]

Thread Information