Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vault VII

Default Re: Vault VII

Mutually exclusive isn't exactly the right term.

You can have done them both, but you have to do the Free Grant before you do the upgrade quest.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Really...

Guess I misunderstood Amon's comments in that regard then.

Good to know - assuming that the vault upgrade from VI to VII is still available...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

it never was from my understanding of the posts above. the only way to get VII _WAS_ to do the pay upgrades to VI, then do the free grant quest. now it would seem that can't even be done. so the few people do did it the "right" way while it was working that way are the only ones who have vault VII or ever will 'til something is done.

and it doesn't have to be done soon... but in all fairness i sure hope it WILL be.

oh, silly me, i said "fair" ...

I haven't done any of the vault upgrades yet.

Do they start with Elsa?

And if I do the 6 upgrades and then the 7th Freebie one I can no longer do the Free Grant quest, if I follow this thread correctly. Is there a way to still do all of the vault upgrades and the Free Grant quest?
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

They actually start with ANY Vaultkeeper but you end up having to go to Tazoon and confirm the buy of "shares" with Elsa at the end of each upgrade anyhow so might as well go to Tazoon and do those particular upgrades through the Vaultkeeper *in* Tazoon. That way Elsa is just right there and you don't have to go far to keep going back and forth.

I've no idea about your other question.

As a follow-up:

Last night I was able to purchase up to Vault VI from the standard beginning vault. I was not however able to get the vault upgrade quest after that point to get the free upgrade to VII.

Elsa tells me that I have not purchased my full set of shares yet, however my vault shows Vault VI at the top. There is a link in her text to purchase additional shares but it is non-functional.

If I follow the links that should give me the vault upgrade quest she tells me to go talk to a regional vault keeper first so I talked to the one next to her in Tazoon and the one in Aughundell and came back to her and got the same result.

I tried logging out and back in as LaughingOtter mentioned happened to him and was still unable to get the quest.

I have been playing since August of last year so I am a fairly new player.

It cost me a total of 785s to get to Vault VI.

Vault I = 10s
    Vault II = 25s
    Vault III = 50s
    Vault IV = 100s
    Vault V = 200s
    Vault VI = 400s

I inquired in IRC yesterday and was told there was no Vault VII, however when I was discussing with my guildies last night one said that what I needed to do was purchase up to VI and then do the free quest for VII, but I don't know if he was just going on hearsay or if he had done it since he logged out before I got to that point and wasn't able to ask him.

I have filed a support ticket (#80167)as well asking about this and when I get a response I will let you all know.

On the plus side, my vault was almost full when I started and now it's just over 25% full so there is a pretty significant difference.

Here is a screenshot:

Additional follow-up with Amon in IRC:

<AmonGwareth|TG> ah, I think I found something
    <AmonGwareth|TG> nah, I figured it out... See, originally there were two types of Vault VI (a and b). So it was checking to see if you had those. But I made a new one, Vault 6, and it wasn't checking for that. So if someone had Vault 6 (not a or b) it would not recognize it
    <AmonGwareth|TG> it requires a delta patch though... so it will be a couple or more weeks

Hopefully that will fix all our issues.

Thanks again Amon for helping me/us out with this.

anything further to this? came up in a discussion with a friend tonight.

Not that I've heard about so far.

Waiting for it to pop up in a Patch Notes.

I went last night a purchased the upgrade from III through VI and then I was able to get the quest to investigate Grant.

Checked earlier and wasn't able to obtain this higher bulk vault that's being discussed. Don't know whether the appropriate change has been applied to live shards yet. Bear in mind that I'm one of the many folks who were forced into taking the quest to investigate Grant while at vault V instead of being able to purchase vault VI and thendo the investigation.

I guess it's no big deal now, new toons can go the whole way so if we want the largest vault size we'll have to make do with it on our alts only. I'll keep checking with each major update to the game just in case further options become available [:)]

Last night, on Chaos, I was able to get the investigation quest and get the free upgrade from Vault 6 to Vault 7 so Amon must have fixed atleast the issue that I was having.

I got the quest and finished it on my dragon, but I did not get the vault VII upgrade. Filing a ticket on it just in case.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

i'm glad people are having some success with this now.. however, it still seems quite unfair that the many people who did grant's quest as soon as it was available before they had bought vault 6 .. or however they managed to not get vault 7 .. simply miss out on it.
    nobody knew at the time the only way how to get it.. or more people would have waited, you can bet on it.
    give us some way to get vault 7 whether it be purchased or yet another quest.

dorrin,

When it first came out and the vault quests had been incompletely reworked, there was no other way to get Vault 6 but to do the Grant quest. Just like there was no other way to get Vaults 4 and 5 when the vault quests got incompletely reworked.

Vault 7 will eventually be made available to everyone. There is no ETA on this addition to the game.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yea.. the Vault 7 will be available to everyone, but those who have to pay for it will be payin 800s for it. When I was going from vault 3 to vault 4 I was forced to pick up the quest because the vault upgrader wouldn't give me the choice to purchase it. So I have since been able to purchase vault 5.. not even gonna purchase vault 6 for a while since I cant see the sense in payin 400s for a vault upgrade... I have better things to do with coin then make a meesley upgrade to the vault.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

We should wait until it's in before we comment Fratricide. Like you, I had no option but to take the quest shortly after the merge, I was at Shareholder's Vault V at the time and so my free upgrade took me to vault VI. Had I known that further along a vault VII would be introduced and would only be available with the free upgrade, I would have waited. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

That said, Amon has mentioned that in the future he has further plans for the Grant Smyth series of quests. For all we know, a vault upgrade might be part of the reward for that quest, but that's pure speculation on my part.

All I'm saying is let's wait and see what is introduced when time allows the developers to make vault VII available to those players who did all the upgrades long ago when Grant Smyth was in charge, and then had little option but to take the quest for the free upgrade to proceed. It may not cost the older players 800 silver or whatever the figure is intended to be.

Thread Information