Thread: Item-type-specific Consigners

imported_Kepesk

Default Item-type-specific Consigners

Okay, I came up with this idea based on what I perciecve to be a vast success of Aidan the Reasonable. How about having a wider variety of consigners restricted to selling a specific type of item?

Specifically, my idea is that maybe two per imperial city, there could be consigners that would sell just scales, or just weapons, or just useable items. A bit of a big change, but a fairly simple concept.

I believe this would have three benifits to the game:

1. Ease of Sales. It would be much easier to find a good place to buy what you're looking for or to find a good place to sell what you're making if there were just a few places that sell your specific stuff. No more going to the website or plodding through a dozen consigners to find what you're looking for. You would know right where to go. This leads to benifit #2:
    2. Encouragement of player-to-player commerce. People are a lot more apt to buy and sell things when they are given a good place to do so, as has been seen with Aidan the Reasonable. Heck, I have started listing components there regularly, and I get a lot of the ones I need there these days when before, I rarely found the components I was looking for on a consigner.
    3. Less grouping of commerce. My experience in Horizons is that most of the game's commerce tends to be grouped in one spot. When I was on Expanse, this place was Dalimond. On Order, it seems to be Aghundell (to my dismay, because Aghundell is as laggy to me as Tazoon). I'm less encouraged to go to a crowded, laggy spot to do my sales, and end up hoarding my excess junk instead, maybe dropping a few things off once in a while when I'm passing by anyway. I rarely go there to buy things without checking the website first because of the combination of the crowd-induced lag and the lag from the multitude of nearby structures. Having a couple of consigners in the various cities that sold specific things would alleviate this.

That's about the long and short of my suggestion for now. But I may update it if I come up with new ideas. :)

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

Default Re: Item-type-specific Consigners

This is a good idea with little downside and minimal developer time requirements.

Default Re: Item-type-specific Consigners

to add, i wouldnt mind seeing tier specific comp consigners like the 1 in brist. placed in racial towns accordingly plus maybe harro i guess for t5. each 1 only deals with their specific tier of comps. then do the same for processed/raw resources.

Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Thread Information