Thread: Guild Lairs

Default Guild Lairs

Are we meant to be building these or not? Originally it was said they weren't meant to be purchaseable, then that we could buy them but not build on them, but they remain purchaseable, plannable and buildable.

I've also heard rumours that anything we build on them before the auction ends will be deleted after the auction is over.

I'd rather save my resources than place them and lose them and have to remake them all over again.

Can we get an answer from a dev please?
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Default Re: Guild Lairs

hmmm...I bought one of my guild lairs. But cannot design a thing, the add window comes up but it is completely blank.

And yes, I cleared my world cache and tried again.....and again
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

It was stated in another thread by David Bowman himself that the biped guild community lairs would be released on Auction day as well as the auctioned plots.

The fact that people could buy them now and build on them was an unintended bug, and they have come into the game and wiped the plots, taking them back away from players in some instances, warning them not to continue.

So, no, you aren't suppose to buy them OR build on them until the auctions are over.

I am not a dev, but that is the policy they have stated not only in their posts on the subject, but in person on the shards as well.

Buy/build on those plots at your own peril.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

well I do hope you get your dev answer...

But last *I* remember reading around here, was that the lair plots belonging to already established guilds (different from a guild lair plot of which there are only two live right now, supposedly more are coming...) are NOT up for sale right now, and would be released after auction.

Last I heard and understood, I think posted in one of the lair posts by David Bowman, relatively recently.

Now if there are some bugs that are allowing people to buy, or build on them - well I can't really say as to wether that will be wiped or not.

It was my understanding that those plots belonged to those guilds they were placed in already (of course) but that they wouldn't be unlocked and purchaseable until after the auctions.

If they are unlocked and purchaseable right now, well I, like you, have no clue - and hope someone somewhere clears this up :).

And yes, I do remember them saying you couldn't buy your guild lair plot. And they came in and took it away from those who had bought. But a few days later they were purchaseable again, so I just figured they ignored the whiney folks and let us buy them and just deactivated the build function so we didn't get a head start.

Of course now I see the original poster saying they could actually design and build and wonder whats going on. I know I wouldn't start building even if I could, but I would play around with the design.

My greatest fear is they have now screwed up the guild lair plots and thats what the difference is, so come auction day the plots will be bugged and unuseable.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I think the saritova island guild lairs are the ones that no structures can be planned out, other islands' lairs associated with guild communities are fully functioning.

Myself, I don't see what the big deal is either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    I think the saritova island guild lairs are the ones that no structures can be planned out, other islands' lairs associated with guild communities are fully functioning.

Myself, I don't see what the big deal is either way.
    That would be me then, my guild is on saritova. I also don't see the big deal, lair plots in existing guilds are not in any way shape or form part of the auction or affected by the auction. It doesn't matter much to me, I already figured out what my initial requirements will be and have stock piled the necessary building blocks. So come next tuesday I will design and have my first few rooms built in a matter of a few moments

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    It was stated in another thread by David Bowman himself that the biped guild community lairs would be released on Auction day as well as the auctioned plots.

The fact that people could buy them now and build on them was an unintended bug, and they have come into the game and wiped the plots, taking them back away from players in some instances, warning them not to continue.

So, no, you aren't suppose to buy them OR build on them until the auctions are over.

I am not a dev, but that is the policy they have stated not only in their posts on the subject, but in person on the shards as well.

Buy/build on those plots at your own peril.
    yes, that's what was originally stated, back when the auction first started, and yes, some lairs were repossessed in the first mini-maintenance after that. But in the next mini maintenance they were back to being buyable and buildable, and they've remained that way since.

We've had no more posts from the devs on the subject, I asked about it on another thread 10 days ago, then made this one a few days ago when I didn't get a reply on the other one. I also put in a ticket yesterday asking about it and don't have a reply yet ( I put in a ticket the day before and had a response within 12 hours). If it's a bug, then a message about it somewhere would be nice. I haven't seen a dev in person on the shards for a while, obvioulsy I haven't been in the right channel at the right time, so I have no idea what they've said in person.

I have seen posts from devs since I first asked about this issue 10 days ago, but still no answer.

There are a lot of guild lairs on chaos that are being built already - all I'm asking for is a "Yes, you can build them now", or " No you can't and if you do we'll repossess them at the end of the auction".
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

I bought one the day the lair update came out. But there was a dev looking for poeple that did and I was caught lol. But then it became buyable again. So I bought it again and just wasn't able to plan it. But now it works fine

Thread Information