Thread: Perhaps someone at TG can explain these recent changes

Default Perhaps someone at TG can explain these recent changes

Hoping someone can explain to me the logic on the following. TG removes master construction forms from the loot tables, so that they are only available from the Veilo at either 1.575 gold to 1.95 gold per form. Yet now they add in master laircrafting forms for 10 silver to 32.5 silver per form. I'm just really curious as to what the thinking was on this.

Default Re: I'm a bit lost here

They may reintroduce the biped forms through some other medium, at the cheaper price.

However, you do make a good point. I'm only speculating.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Default Re: I'm a bit lost here

So no comment as to why this was put in place?

Default Re: Perhaps someone at TG can explain these recent changes

Well vielo were checked this afternoon and there were NO master lairshaping forms on the vielo?!?!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

They are directly available from the trainer for coin.

ahhh....some are and some are not. There are/were master lairshaping forms that are/were drop only. For instance Expert and master imbued bars are not available, neither is Master/Expert primal essense and a few others. And all the drop only are critical to building. So yes, you can buy some BUT to complete caverns you need the drop only forms. And so far, they have been extraordinarily rare for me so far.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Looks to me they were just made available to make it easier for people to test. Now the actual formulas are going to be rare, which they should be to begin with IMO.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Quote Originally Posted by Vizharan
    Looks to me they were just made available to make it easier for people to test. Now the actual formulas are going to be rare, which they should be to begin with IMO.
    oh yeah...we wait 2 years for our lairs and we can't finish them. Brilliant!!

In this instance the availability of expert master lairshaping forms should be the exact same as biped expert/master forms

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby Gump
    Hoping someone can explain to me the logic on the following. TG removes master construction forms from the loot tables, so that they are only available from the Veilo at either 1.575 gold to 1.95 gold per form. Yet now they add in master laircrafting forms for 10 silver to 32.5 silver per form. I'm just really curious as to what the thinking was on this.
    Maybe Dragons are more willing to teach other Dragons the most difficult concepts of Lairshaping.

I never understood why you can learn the basics of how to make an item from a "Trainer", but then a Golem teaches you how to make the same item like an Expert. That's never made any sense to me whatsoever.

As for the Vielo, wasn't there something mentioned about them when they first showed that they kept the secrets or knowledge that most other people didn't keep, or forgot?

It's part of the new crafting system.

Once the bipeds get the same experience system based on the primary skills, then you will receive your master forms too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Confectionners would get their masters forms that way too.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    It's part of the new crafting system.

Once the bipeds get the same experience system based on the primary skills, then you will receive your master forms too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Confectionners would get their masters forms that way too.
    Strange, I completly missed this in the release notes. If that is truly the case then perhaps someone from TG will actually state it as fact.

hmmm.....but all your master forms for 1-2 gold a piece and be able to complete construction.

OR

Buy 75% of your master forms for under a gold and have to rely on the loot system for the rest. Which you can't complete construction on your hometier 5 rooms or above.

I'd take the first option hands down and be happy.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

The question isn't how much should lair forms cost. The question is, why are biped master forms now 1-2g a piece whe they were dropping to the point that they were being solf for 15 to 20s by players?

Put the master forms for all classes at the same pricing. ESPECIALLY cloth forms since its enough of a PITA to have to transmute the resources as it is.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Thread Information