Thread: About the trailers...

Default About the trailers...

...nice, but anti-aliasing should have been used...

Default Re: About the trailers...

Anisotropic filtering too. Still look great though.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Which trailers? Are you talking about the old E3 trailers that had things like Banshee and the lich king? Or something new? If new, please link...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

after downloading and unzipping the trailers I can't seem to get any video to play.. just sound... What are yall using to play them... tried on like 3 different PC's thus far..
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

You'll need DivXplayer to view them ...

But I am not too enthusiastic about those trailers, especially notconcering the combat trailer andsound with all trailers in general.

- Narkano

The characters one was at least reasonable in letting you know what characters would look like and a bit of how they move. The combat one ... "Istaria is a dangerous place" .. had me rolling my eyes. There's hardly danger behind every bush, here. Though it was well shot.

I couldn't make the Dragon one load, it hung after 2 min 40 sec, I'll try again.

-Levity Merrel

That was one sexy sslik in the combat trailer [;)]
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

OK, tried again on the Dragons, and was told the file is invalid or corrupted. TG might want to fix that asap given that this is PR material.

-Levity Merrel

Ophelea

They ran on the big 8 X 10 screen at GenCon.

Making the graphics hyper-detailed did no good at that resolution. They looked good on the big screen.

I thought they was fairly good imo. Dragon trailer worked ok for me, might give one more shot at it?.
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Yay, the Dragon one worked this morning. I thought it was pretty good, other than the tag "Conquer the Lands" which is inaccurate to game play. And in showing how you can customize your dragon, they should have flicked in a few decal and chest plate changes.

Still, all three trailers are nicely polished and do give a good idea of what the game looks like.

-Levity Merrel

should really make them playable in a the standard <shutters> Windows media player... as thatis what most people have by default on their systems... The media player mentioned above does really pretty decently in allowing the playing of the files.

I do think that most trailers, including these, have a problem showing the true feeling of the game. As several mentioned on other posts, community and the maturity of the player base is what should entice new players to come to the game... sure.. the actual gameplay is important.. the characters and roles we play in the world are important... but when it all comes down to it.. the reasons why we play and keep comming back is because the sense of community that we all find within the game.

They play fine in mediaplayer.....thats what i used to view them...
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Hmm... I couldn't get them to show in any media player... on win xp.. 2000... or otherwise... I spose I might be missing a codec... Ill have to verify that one for myself... but I could only get the sound portion of the files to play over the systems I have access too..

You know if they are going to show off the Epic spells that aren't implemented yet, you'd think they would get on getting them in game :)

Get DivX Codec here then those trailersshould play fine with Media Player, Quicktime,Real Player etc.

http://www.divx.com/divx/?src=toptab...rom_/index.php

Just download and install the DivX Play Bundle.

- Narkano

...there's a reason for that: .wmv is CRAP. DivX is actually the standard codex (and to some degree Xvid), that everyone uses. Wmv is the Microsoft version, and hardly any but them use it...

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    I was very suprised that they used the DivX codec instead of a standard windows one. I'm sure most of the people here probably have DivX and Xvid and such things (I sure do), but your standard windows user will not. If my sister (who likes games) attempted to run one of these files on her computer she would have no idea what to do to get it to work.

The character trailer was great, but dragon was ok but I thought some aspects were lacking.... the combat trailer was... bleh. It just showed you how empty the world is, half of it was flying through areas with no mobs, and another 1/4 were using epics not in game... give me a break.

I guess they are limited with combat, there is no way they could take video and keep all the spell effects on without showing what a slideshow hz will be.

Thread Information