Thread: Help cant create an account

Eckho

Default Help cant create an account

What does this mean? see below. what do I have to do to fix it?

Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'horizonsistariacom.signup'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Register TagPrefix="Artifact" Namespace="Company.WebControls" Assembly="WebControls" %> Line 2: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="signup.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="horizonsistariacom.signup" %> Line 3: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" > Line 4: <HTML>
    Source File: C:\www\horizons.istaria.com\signup.aspx Line: 2

Default Re: Help cant create an account

Quote Originally Posted by Eckho
    What does this mean? see below. what do I have to do to fix it?

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'horizonsistariacom.signup'.

Source File: C:\www\horizons.istaria.com\signup.aspx Line: 2
    What all that says is that the C# code in the login server aspx script called 'signup.aspx' couldn't find a resource called 'horizonistariacom.signup' on the server side.

The good news is that it isn't anything on your end of things, your computer is fine. This is a server side issue and is probably merely a case of unlucky timing... Someone at Tulga was probably tweaking something in the login script right as you tried to use it.[:)]

Try again in a few minutes and see if works.

Eckho

Thank you...

jackarl

Help! I've had this same problem for the last 3 days. I sent an email to [email protected] on Friday and have not heard a peep from them. Do the Horizon's crew want a paycheck or not? What gives?

-- New player who's fustrated at the LACK of customer service!!!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I think I've seen this pop up elsewhere about parser errors.
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=108480

Unfortunately, they didn't offer the resultant support fix. Let me see what I can dig up in IRC.

As to the lack of customer service, it is better to file support tickets at support.istaria.com to get help than by e-mail. Also, you can usually catch some of the support team and devs on IRC at /server irc.horizons.com 6660 and /join #horizons
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Customer service tends to not work on weekends, you should get an answer monday

jackarl

Well, it's now Wednesday and still nothing from their customer service... and the account creation is still down. So customer service if you're out there and listening, you just lost my business, the business of my wife(who also wrote an email to you about this), and all our friends who we were planning on bringing with us from FFXI and Guild Wars if we liked the game...and we have a lot of friends! GREAT JOB!!! I did not try IRC, but I should not have to do that after this amount of time. It's clear they just don't care.

Thanks to the folks who did take the time to write me back, if only you worked for Horizons things could have been so much better!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Before going too far away, I had Tagath post this thread and the other I mentioned to IRC. Got in contact with DB and a couple other of the devs. So, they do know about it. I talked with a guildmate as well and she mentioned double checking that your .NET framework is up to date (currently 1.1 and 2.0 both work with Horizons). Something I also have been making mention of often is having all four horizons sites in your Internet Explorer trusted sites.

Go to Tools>Internet Options>Security and click on trusted sites. You should have the following sites added there. You will have to uncheck the https checkmark at bottom to get all of them in:

https://horizons.istaria.com
    http://horizons.istaria.com
    http://patch.istaria.com
    https://support.istaria.com

Once you have these added in, recheck the https checkmark and hit Ok repeatedly.

(On a side note, support e-mails do get handled in the order they are received, but there is a constant backlog there. It is better to file a ticket at support.istaria.com rather than sending an e-mail).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

jackarl

I just wanted to thank you for your input and help C'gan, I even gave it one last try, even updating my .NET from 1.1 to 2.0 and including all the sites in my trusted list, and still nothing. Also still no response from customer service.

I also can't file a ticket at support.istaria.com because I can't create an account to do that, so emailing them was my only option other than IRC. At any rate, I have completely given up on this company. It's been a week since my initial email, and if they are that far behind then I don't want to be a part of this anyway. The last thing I need is to get started in a game, have a problem, then wait 3 weeks to have it resolved. Customer Service here SUCKS plain and simple, and I'm not going to waste my hard earned money on a service that is non-existant as far as I can see.

Anyway, thanks again C'gan, it was only that you did care enough to reply and try to help that I gave it another go, but since Tulga doesn't seem to think it's important to have a functioning account creation, I don't think Tulga deserves any money... I no longer wonder why the company went bankrupt before!

Bye Bye for good!

Thread Information