Thread: Observations

Default Observations

Well, I'm back after a long break. I'll be logging in a few days in the next week to go see what's new and see if I'm enjoying myself. If I'm not, I probably will hang it up indefinitely, but if I enjoy it, of course I'll stay.

Here's what I have observed so far:

1) I love the new PC, but it seems that the "choppy" lag is still there. The difference this time for me is that on the downside it only hits about 15 FPS when it chops, up to about 50-75, even in combat, which is nice.
    2) The shard seems more populated than before. Tons of new names, not sure how many are altsand how many are new players.
    3) The new player chat channel is going very well!
    4) No observations on the economy.
    5) Loot has improved. Nowhere near where I'd like it and I'm not sure if it's enough to keep my interest.
    6) It was refreshing to see the graphics again. The game still is beautiful.

We'll see how it goes, but this might be my last go at it.

It was great to talk to some old friends.

-12-
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Default Re: Observations

many games are better and also many games are worse, but there is only one Hz...

Besides if you give your dragon alt a lair and build it solo you will have enough to do for a few months at least...

Welcome back 12 and hope you keep likingit... [:)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Welcome back 12!

Life's been keeping me out of game for the most part lately, so it may be well into next week till I see you online. Glad to see you're back in the world, for a little at least, and kicking around. My little SpiritD has come up in the world. With his mostly completed Guardian training, I found that I can solo a Marrow guard in my typical hunting clothes (Pajamas) with my gloves and a big stick!

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Justa says, "I must have been drinking too much, I just saw a pink dragon fly by."

Welcome back 12

and yes... I think the next year of fun will be playing with lair building and seeing where that goes.

Try starting an alt. in the "new and improved" world without having someone lend you 1000 of silver to get you started and see if you can enjoy gathering stuff as you hunt to armor yourself... I will tell you now... after killing hundreds of bronze and sandstone golems for lairshaping, I have hoarded at least 3 complete suits of refurbished armor and a multitude of refurbished weapons.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    Besides if you give your dragon alt a lair and build it solo you will have enough to do for a few months at least...
    I have a feeling Twelve would probably lay a lair out, then drop a bunch of cash on it and check in once in a while to see how it's going. [;)]

Seriously, good to see you back. Give Valkor a spin, collect a ton of red ornaments &amp; try to get one of the new shoulder cows in a present, get to know some of the new folks, take the Mistress out &amp; buzz New Tris.

I think there's enough to keep your interest for a few months at least. [B]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dragonboy wrote:

I have a feeling Twelve would probably lay a lair out, then drop a bunch of cash on it and check in once in a while to see how it's going. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Seriously, good to see you back. Give Valkor a spin, collect a ton of red ornaments &amp; try to get one of the new shoulder cows in a present, get to know some of the new folks, take the Mistress out &amp; buzz New Tris.

I think there's enough to keep your interest for a few months at least. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-22.gif[/img]
    I wish I had that kind of cash... lol [:D]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

It was great to see ya in game, 12 [:D]

You might have a bit of fun running through the ARoP, too. And like I said in-game, you may not care about actually building a Lair, but I recomend at least buying one to design it. The cash hit to sell it back once you are done might be worth the fun of walking through your creation in design time. I know I have loved mine!

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Thread Information