Thread: Just a few questions on the state of the game.

belt983

Default Just a few questions on the state of the game.

I noticed the 14 day free trial on the mmorpg.com webpage and it got me thinking. I promised to give the game another try back about a year and some time ago when I quit. Anyway, there are a few questions I have about the game before I decide to give it another go.

1. How friendly is it to newbies? Most games I've played that have been out for a while develop an elitist sort of community. I'd love to give it another shot but if I'm just going to get in there, and not be able to find people to converse with I'm not going to even bother. I remember this game having the best community of all the ones I've played though so maybe that doesn't happen here.

2. What are the chances that my old character is still here? I can't remember exactly when I quit but it was probably about a year and some change ago. I can't find a place on the website to actually check it out but if I could just start out at L60 instead of L1 it seems that might be better.

3. How are in game population levels? I noticed that there are a lot less servers and that's to be expected from past problems, but is there actually a decent population on the remaining North American server?

Anyhow, that's about all there is to it. Sorry if I posted in the wrong board.

belt

Default Re: Just a few questions on the state of the game.

The game is very friendly to newbies and returnees. Join the New Player Assistance chat channel to get questions answered. Community is still excellent with this game.

You're old character is still around. If you were on a roleplay server it will be on Order (N Amer roleplay) otherwise it will be on Chaos. Euro characters on Unity. Blight (test) server is still Blight. You need to remember your old email address that you use to sign in and the password. You can try the 14 day trial with a new character, or pay for a month to get your old one(s).

Pop levels are highest on Chaos. Not as high as they were when game first started, but enough to get questions answered or get a hand during evening USA hours or weekends. Kinda dead between midnight and 6AM pacific time except for a handful of Aussies and some late night diehards.

Suggest you download and install Pekka's map pack from the download forum. It will REALLY help you find where everything got moved too and where all the new and old mobs are.

Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

Eckho

How friendly is it to newbies? Ill address that question as I am a newbie Lvl10 warrior. I have not run accross ANY people in game or here that has the air of a high level character and cant be bothered with us newbies. Everyone and I mean everyone has been sooo nice and patient helping and teaching me the game.. I have chatted with lots of people in game and its my perseption that most everyone that plays this game is adult like. Ive been treated fairly and with respect at all times. I have not run accross that "elitist" community that uou talk of, and I know what you mean by that too because I have run accrss it too in other games.

How are in game population levels? I play about 6-8 hours a day/night everyday (yea I no I have no life lol) and the servers always say "light" to "very light" depending on the time of day/night it is. I would say that there is a decent population on Chaos. Your never alone.
    Eckho

As for your old character, it's still there but I don't think you can use the 14 day trial to access it.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Irv

I've played four sessions now, and have found the "New Player Assistance" channel on the Chaos server to be quite pleasant. Nice people, friendly atmosphere. Though I feel like my character lacks some direction, adventure-wise, I'm having fun exploring the neat crafting system. I like Horizons, so far, and may just make it past the 14th day of my free trial [8-|]

Best regards,
    Irv

Thread Information