Thread: Need a little help

Tiva

Default Need a little help

Hi, I'm brand new to Horizons as of today. Started out ok, but ran into this fellow in the second town that I visited that has some quests for me to complete. I need to complete 5 of them for him. Endurance, wisdom, swiftness, etc. I did ok on Endurance, but wisdom has me stumped. I went to Tazoon and eventually found the dragon to talk to. Then HE sent me to some other fellow at a "dome". Tazoon is filled with domes and I've not been able to locate the appropriate one. Can someone fill me in please??

oneirosuchus

Default Re: Need a little help

It's the big blue dome in the center of town.. iirc, the scholar you're looking for now is on the west side of it at the foot of the ramp -- outside one of the entrances, at least.

After this one there will be a couple more for you to find, as well. When looking for the mage tower, look for a relatively short tower (not one of the tall skinny ones) with sparklies inside the top windows. The last npc is at the north end of the city.

Wander around a bit! I sure did when I started and to do this quest, but hey, I know my way around relatively well now. ;)

If you're still stumped, try the New Player Assisstance channel. There should be some folks in there who can help you out (I'm there some, if you're on Chaos).

Irv

I was only able to complete this quest when I learned to turn on the "M"ap, and walk around Tazoon. As you walk around, the NPCs in your immediate area will be marked on the map. So if you don't know where the "dome" is, for example, you walk around until you find the NPC on the map matching the quest requirements. That's what I did, anyway :-)

Me, I'm stuck on the Swiftness quest :-) The directions the assessor in New Trismus gives me don't lead me to any Soul assessor :-)

Best regards,
    Irv

oneirosuchus

Pardon, I went and checked on the scholar by the dome last night -- it's the east side.

As for the assessor of soul, I don't think the directions given were all that great, yep! Go out the mob road, pass all the beetles and gruoks, pass the wolves ... you'll get almost to the northern end of the island. There's a bit of a road to the left, and and stand of trees. The asssessor is in those trees. If you keep going straight here, instead of hanginga left, you'll run into a stone circle with undead guarding it, and you've gone too far.

Thread Information