Thread: Warriors, Pally's and Archer?

Eckho

Default Warriors, Pally's and Archer?

Here's my situation...I am lvl 16 dwarf warrior going for Paladin. I was doing fine killing mobs in NT but at lvl 15 I found it imposible to gain in xp there. So I left and went to Sslanis. I quickly realized most everything is aggro after lvl 15. So...after getting 9 hours of death points LOL I figured I needed a stratagy instead of plowing into aggro mobs and dying. I found a nice little place between Sslanis and Kion where there are lvl 13-14-15 mobs but their aggro. Bah!!!! My stratagy is to stand on a hill and wait til 1 of them is alone then charge him run back up the hill and fight him, this is very time consuming. I was thinking of getting a bow and arrow a "pull" 1 mob out at a time. HAs anyone else done this and does it work? WHat school would I have to go to? I dont want to master the bow and arrow I just want to get his attention lol. Any ideas?

Default Re: Warriors, Pally's and Archer?

As warrior you gain in crossbow skills, you might try picking one up to do distance pulls with.
    Brazius of the Five awaiting the Feast

you mean the same class forums that can go weeks without getting a question answered?

like mention above... pick up a crossbow to be able to pull mobs from distance as warrior. and when changing to cleric u will gain "magic crush" abilitie which is a ranged attack and it will also transfer to u when u become a Paladin.
    Good Luck ;)
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

Level Cleric to 18 before you go Paladin and you'll master Dispirit Foe ability, which will be useful for pulling and weakening foes forever. Also the Life spell Mystic Blaze can be used to pull for both cleric and pally.
    Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by Eckho
    I figured I needed a stratagy instead of plowing into aggro mobs and dying.
    Use crossbow and spells (as available) for pulling. Find different monsters that are less resistant to paladin's strengths. Learn your character.

Now, the only question is when will this post be put into the Class forums?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Eckshully, it's a general question and a good one. The crossbow and Dispirit Foe answers to the pulling problem are useful for several classes.

You might investigate Kion also for critters of that level.

Bows have a longer range than crossbows. For that, scout is the class if you wish. Scout plus druid leads to ranger, which is a very well designed and polished class, with moderate weapons skills as well as healing and casting abilities. Excellent pulling capability. I realize that this is probably not a class you're interested in but others may be.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information