Thread: Link all Consigners world wide.

Geeky

Default Link all Consigners world wide.

This is a good game. I love it. And I'm back after about 20 months off. One thing I seriously think needs to be changed is the Consigners.

It is not an easy game when it comes to finding where to buy stuff that you can use. And usually I run between 5 or 6 consigners looking for stuff I can use.

Like I said I like HZ, but I do think there are many things then need to be looked at. But this is my number one disliked feature, I honestly see no reason not to link all the consigners. This would vastly help stimulate the economy and hopfully we would see more selling of crafted items as this would enable the adventures a chance to buy instead of craft all their own gear.

Just my thoughts....Yours?

Default Re: Link all Consigners world wide.

You can see all the racial town consigners' stock from the Consignments link on the left side of the home page here. It's updated about every 30-60 minutes as I recall.

You won't see any private consigners listed, but they rarely have any stock, or what they do have is raw materials held in paid storage.
    Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

Geeky

I know it's possible to have them all linked. And I (my preference) is not to have to go to different web site while in the game to get info for in the game. I just think it would be a nice feature, plus this is something newbies won't know, and they might not even know to travel to differnt towns to look at consigners there. Again I think linking all consigners would vastly inprove a very stagnant economy.

Geeky

I can't imagine it being too difficult, but of course I don't know squat.

I remember the feature from SWG, galactic consigner or Bazaar as it is called there...
    You buy stuff and you must collect it in the settlement it was first put on, but it can be bought from a far different place.
    Would save a lot of porting time to and from various consigners if you are really looking for something.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I kinda agree with this idea. I would like to add my idea also.. Merge the Pawn broker and the conny into a 'Istaria Trader' .. because PawnCon sounds stupid... anyway

link all the traders together, so that at least THEY know what each other has, and remove the ability to list 'all items' so that it's not as hard of a hit on the database to display all items on the Traders. Force the Player to only view what they are looking
    for.

From there, Each Trader has a set about amount of cash on them. They will buy items up to the point they are out of money. They only want to 'add' money to
    a trader would be to buy items off them. This allows for more of a dynamic conny/pawn broker, and so they can't buy 15 billion stacks of bronze. This would also allow low levels to BUY the armor they need, and help remove the price grougeing that is currently seen on the shards.

just a couple of ideas. =)

Heck, perhaps this 'trader' could be a new Class. Would be cool to have a 'skill' that allows you to have a slightly higher percentage change to find rare 'trinkets' that could be sold to other players.

*added:
    Perhaps the 'Trader' building could also add a 'post board' where players
    could add a post to what items they need.. For example a low level player
    needs a full set of armor, a Builder could then look at the posts and say
    Hey! I can build that.. and then contact the requester in game to hammer
    out the costs and such.

This, I think, would really releave the strain on some high end builders that
    are bombarded with requests.. let them build when they wish, and play when
    they want. =)
    AKA Maguai, PogoWolf (Chaos)
    www.PogoWolf.com / www.GamersVue.com
    [/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    I agree Geeky, and I think that most other people do as well (for racial town connies anyway). I think that the problem here is more dev time then anything else.
    Add me to the list of people who agree.

Would be especially useful for Unity where there's no web consignment list. Nowadays all the consigners except Fellea in Kion are ignored on Unity because most people don't want to port to every town checking on the off-chance that what they want won't be on the Kion consigner.

The problem here is that with the global consignment limit, people no longer have a need to visit multiple consigners. This makes most of them bare and seem pointless. The idea of items being available globally from any Imperial consigner is definitely a good thing since it will stop people being tied to one town (ie Kion on Unity) and might lead to people being spread more evenly across the racial towns.

If you can access your vault from anywhere on Istaria that has a vaultkeeper, why not have the connies linked? It seems like at least a similar technology is there (but I am not a programmer).

While I would have to agree that this is probably not too difficult of a task there would have to be even more limitations then even just limiting the Type of item your looking for. Because of the potential strain on the system, you would have to have it searchable by not only type of equipment, but most likely also a general region. For example.. say your looking for a Socketed Iron Battle Axe. You would first have to say well.. theres Iron in Augendahl perhaps there will be one sold around there so you pick the Aug region and then you search for weapons. Otherwise the Lag on the Database could get astronomical... Why... I was looking on the New Trismus consigner the other day and there were well over 2500 items on the consigner. and at least 150 of those were weapons. That doesnt count all the other consigners that have a pile of Blighted/used weapons on them. Mahagra tends to get up to around 75 blighted weapons on it on a regular basis... so the lag just on the weapons if say 20 peeps wanted to see the weapons on all the connies at once would be rediculous.

Anyway.. Im sure there could be a way to do this, but Im also sure that it will not be as cut and dry as well eliminate the "all" part of the item search.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Froma programmers point of view it would be like copying and modding the vault code a little.. honestly.. hadn't thought of that.. LOL good point!
    [/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by fratricide
    While I would have to agree that this is probably not too difficult of a task there would have to be even more limitations then even just limiting the Type of item your looking for.
    I'm thinking more along the line of the current search tool for Connys. You set what you want.. but the 'show all' is removed. the Connys already must hit the database in order to show what items they have.. so there's not much of a difference. Only in this case, you will only get a return of a set of items you where looking for.. not the whole thing.

Because of the potential strain on the system, you would have to have it searchable by not only type of equipment, but most likely also a general region. For example.. say your looking for a Socketed Iron Battle Axe. You would first have to say well.. theres Iron in Augendahl perhaps there will be one sold around there so you pick the Aug region and then you search for weapons. Otherwise the Lag on the Database could get astronomical... Why... I was looking on the New Trismus consigner the other day and there were well over 2500 items on the consigner. and at least 150 of those were weapons. That doesnt count all the other consigners that have a pile of Blighted/used weapons on them. Mahagra tends to get up to around 75 blighted weapons on it on a regular basis... so the lag just on the weapons if say 20 peeps wanted to see the weapons on all the connies at once would be rediculous.
    True, but if there's 150 weapons.. and all you where looking for where weapons.. instead of the database returning 2500 records..it'll only return 150 max.. that will speed up Connys. Not slow them down.
    let's say all the major connys (let's say there are 10) had 2500 items, 150 of them weapons.. and you wanted to see each weapon. Then if you merged all the connys then you would see a list of 25,000 items being downloaded normally. Under the 'show me all weapons' then only 1,500 records would be returned.. it'll speed up the process. =)
    [/quote]

Anyway.. Im sure there could be a way to do this, but Im also sure that it will not be as cut and dry as well eliminate the "all" part of the item search.
    But I think you are thinking of the Connys sperated by reagion but still acting like they currently are... my thought was like the post above, that the 'Traders' would be more like the vault keeper. There is no regionsneeded.. You just tell the search, ok.. "Show me all socketed Weapons that I can use" it hits the database the search is done, and the resultes returned. If the item is bought.. then the item is removed from the database and therefor the search. Granted there would need to be some sort of 'locking' to make sure that two people can't buy the same item at the same time.. perhaps 1st come, first serve kinda thing.
    [/RIGHT]

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Alladania
    If you can access your vault from anywhere on Istaria that has a vaultkeeper, why not have the connies linked? It seems like at least a similar technology is there (but I am not a programmer).
    The problem with this is that your vault coding is essentially an extension of your own personal inventory. That is why you see it everywhere, because you can see your inventory everywhere. The pawnbrokers and consigners don't have that sort of inventory extension.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

While I would have to agree that this is probably not too difficult of a task there would have to be even more limitations then even just limiting the Type of item your looking for. Because of the potential strain on the system, you would have to have it searchable by not only type of equipment, but most likely also a general region. For example.. say your looking for a Socketed Iron Battle Axe. You would first have to say well.. theres Iron in Augendahl perhaps there will be one sold around there so you pick the Aug region and then you search for weapons. Otherwise the Lag on the Database could get astronomical... Why... I was looking on the New Trismus consigner the other day and there were well over 2500 items on the consigner. and at least 150 of those were weapons. That doesnt count all the other consigners that have a pile of Blighted/used weapons on them. Mahagra tends to get up to around 75 blighted weapons on it on a regular basis... so the lag just on the weapons if say 20 peeps wanted to see the weapons on all the connies at once would be rediculous.

You talk about a massive lag if somepeople all try to view a large portion of simular stuff like blighted weapons...
    You are absolutely correct, but I doubt that this will be totally unavoidable...
    The best that can be done I guess is to force people to choose between seperate tiers, and making people choose between types of equipment, like tools, weapons, crystals...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Geeky

Nice to see this tread getting some attention...because in all honesty, an adventurer type, like myself, who doesn't like to craft, we are out of luck.

A new player to the game would have a terribly difficult time getting into the game unless they craft. Link consigners world wide would at least allow new players a chance to search for affordable good player made gear, without having to try many many different port, only because they woulnd't know where to go.

And as someone else stated, this would help different regions and city, as then it wouldn't just be that one city that does all the business...

I just see linking consigners world wide as way more of a benifit than any kind of negitive.

Why would you be out of luck? You'd still need Weapons, Armor, Potions, Spells, and other trinkets. =)
    [/RIGHT]

Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by pogowolf
    Why would you be out of luck? You'd still need Weapons, Armor, Potions, Spells, and other trinkets. =)
    I said an adventure type who doesn't craft, like myself, is out of luck.

If you have started a new character, without having a friend give youa gold or some other armor or anything at all...you are SOL, unless you craft. The refirbished (sp?) stuff is expensiver for how bad it is...and then like my OP notes...it is a major pain going around 7 different consigners hopeing that you will find some decent armor and weapon you can afford.

I have no friends, and do not like to craft (at all) and I was finding it EXTREAMLY hard to earn money to buy the stuff from the Military Supplus guy. Becuase the very limited number of overpriced peices on the 2 or 3 consigners just wouldn't do.

So that is what I mean when I say an adventurerer that doen't craft is out of luck.

And I'm only suggesting that linking all consigners world wide might help alleviate this troublsome problem for noobs who 1) don't know anything, and 2) really don't know that much about ports and if they do, don't know where to find consigners in every town.

OOOH!!! ok, just from an pure ADV point of view.. I got it. =) yes, the linked Connys would help.. I'm also in development (well thinking out loud stage) of creating a website that'll allow people to say 'WTB: Full suit of teched armor, with these Techs' and put them in contact with those that can build them.

it'll help in the short term.. but either way, the Devs do need to do something about
    the lack of equipment for a newbie.. Those NT is normally socked, and anyone about medium power can farm out a couple of areas to get so much referbed armor, and low level blighted equpiment it's not funny..

But the primart Connys (at least at last check) are NT, Kion, Dalimond, and Brist.. I hope that helps out a little at least. =)
    [/RIGHT]

Thread Information