Thread: I would be playing this game if it was playable :\

scaramoosh

Default I would be playing this game if it was playable :\

Can run EQ2 on extreme settings but try to run this game on medium and it'll make your system want to die! You'll have to reboot after playing because of memory leaks.

I love the world and this game has ALOT to offer, the performance issues make it unplayable for me.

(using ATI x850pe)

I really hope when this game shutsdown we'll be able to access it offline or something :( I really want to explore the world.

Default Re: I would be playing this game if it was playable :\

Try turning shadows off. Completely. That solved it for me, and most others I know.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Quote Originally Posted by scaramoosh

I really hope when this game shutsdown we'll be able to access it offline or something [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img] I really want to explore the world.
    Have you looked in the tech forum? Have you submitted tickets on your issues? What issues do you have, and please be specific? What have you done to try to resolve the issues? What are your system specs? What server are you playing on? Have you asked in-game for help? Are you running other applications at the same time? Have you made any recent hardware, driver, or OS changes? What versions of DirectX do you have?

Did you actually try the game before you started trolling?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Actually the game is quite unplayable for me... the new blight client has fixed the massive memory leak, and load times are much reduced though

scaramoosh

I know im not th emost important person in the world but everyone i know hated this game for performance and quit in 10 mins.

I expect to run the game on maxed out with my system seeing as i can everyother game and this game is outdated.
    Until i can, i wont want to play :(

scaramoosh

Is a shame because i love looking at the world (its very big) but it only looks ok on maxed.

I love the crafting and the races and story too.

They know about the performance issues and they try to get it better (and believe me when i say it got already better). They even have a complete new client in the work, but it will need time till they can release it. Maybe check back in a half a year and see if it then got better for you...
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

Hmm ist the performace so bad in US or did u something wrong? [:P]

Well major fps killers are shadows anf view distance.
    I have all Settings up to max, but Shadows off and view distance at about 40%
    float fogStartDist = 250
    float fogEndDist = 300
    float fieldOfView = 90

With these settings I have 40+ fps in normal areas, 25-35 in fights, and 10-15 while running through areas with lots of buildings.

Ya know, i've read so many posts like this...and i just have to wonder....

I don't have an "uber" system. Its average. I rarely lag. I only have to reboot after 3-4 hrs of PORTING. If i'm just sitting around i can say logged on all day and be fine. Dunno what your guys' issues are.....because i don't have em...
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

I have to second that Asteral. the only graphics modifications Im running right now from the original settings are I changed size to 1024x768, decreased the max view distance on the slider bar to just under half.. maybe tis at 1/3 max... and disabled shadows. My avg framerate on the Chaos server sits between 30-45 fps and at those rates game play is rather clean graphically. I have seen upwards of 65 fps on one of my systems (the slower one but tis also the one that has an emptier HDD and is more frequently defragged).

I can run pretty much without lag unless I port to like 15-20 different locations (because the game still doesn't like to let go of the old graphics that it has already loaded into memory) after that it gets pretty choppy and I have to relog to correct it. I can also (and have tested this out) stayed logged in continuously for over 20 hours ( not necessarily at the keyboard ) just to see if the system got laggy because of time or because of collecting images... seems to be because of collecting images... I learned just to minimize porting until you are gettin ready to logoff for the day, cuz then your gonna basically relog anyway.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by scaramoosh
    I expect to run the game on maxed out with my system seeing as i can everyother game and this game is outdated.
    Until i can, i wont want to play [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]
    LOL!!!!!

Killed any sympathy I had for him right there.

So he doesn't want to play it until he can play on maxed out settings. If a lot of people felt that way my advice to TG would to lower what counts as maxed out. If I were making a game and I thought that feeling were prevelant, all I'd do is lower the graphics standard enough until any computer sold today could run it maxed out. It wouldn'tbe anything great to look at, but they could run it maxed out if that's what they really cared about.

There are some issues there. One thing EQ2 did do right was their graphics engine. It's fantastic. I also run it pretty maxed out on my comp (well, close to maxed out although even my system will chug if I just turn every thing to max and some of the settings don't do much except chew up CPU). I don't have to worry about it much because I only log onto EQ2 aboutonce a month or so. I've really got to cancel that account and I don't care how fantastic it's graphics are.

As we all know the HZ engine has problems but it does run to some degreeon most reasonable systems with a few minutes tweaking.If this guy really wants totry the game he can do that tweaking, turn off shadows andperhaps lower his view distance until everything else until it runs well (although I run with the view distance set to max nowadays). If his system is as uber as he says it is (yea right) it probably won't take much tweaking.

If this guy expects every other gameto have EQ2 quality graphics engines he's going to not be playing much. Of course, graphics aren't everything or I'd be there and not here. I log onto EQ2 and thenstart askingmyself "I'm on, what do I do now that's fun" and the answer is not much other then looking at the pretty pictures. I log onto HZ and can usually find plenty of things to do.

until you can max it out?

how never thought it would make that big of a difference, I remember when we all had those problems, and my game ran fine. then it got bad, tuned down the settings and fixed the problem. Just had to learn to deal with it I guess.

Heh...maxed out. Your funny.

May I suggest one of these babies?

Quad SLI features four of NVIDIA's flagship GeForceĀ® 7800 GTX GPUs with an NVIDIA nForceĀ®4 SLI X16 motherboard.
    Thats Dual SLI 7800 GTX's with dual GPU's in each. For those who are computer illeterate, thats one helluva machine there. You can't see it via the forums, but I'm drooling right now.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Krondar

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]scaramoosh wrote:I expect to run the game on maxed out with my system seeing as i can everyother game and this game is outdated.
    Until i can, i wont want to play [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

LOL!!!!!

Killed any sympathy I had for him right there.
    Agree agree.. Anyone that plays games for graphics alone is not a real gamer in my book.. Game play is Number 1 in my book.. Graphics are just topping. Graphics can be good but if the game play sucks why buy it? The reason we play this game is for the gameplay and the community.. And both of those asspects are top notch. This game has the best community of any MMO outthere.

Quote Originally Posted by Krondar
    Agree agree.. Anyone that plays games for graphics alone is not a real gamer in my book.. Game play is Number 1 in my book.. Graphics are just topping. Graphics can be good but if the game play sucks why buy it? The reason we play this game is for the gameplay and the community.. And both of those asspects are top notch. This game has the best community of any MMO outthere.
    While graphics are't necessarily number one, anyone who thinks that graphics are't important is fooling himself or herself. Great graphics can make a good game better. Bad graphics can detract from the sense of immersion especially in an MMO and make a good game worse. Unfortunately, Horizons falls in this latter category. At 10 fps or less near towns or structures, the "slideshow" effect tends to interfere with the sense of immersion and makes it harder to feel like you are really there. This is doubly so if you've just been playing a different game, such as WoW, that has butter-smooth framerates combined with better looking and more-detailed graphics.

At best, bad graphics can be gotten used to, but they certainly don't ever help.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Krondar

Well I may have worded that wrong graphics mean some but they are certain not high on my list.

Also I never have rates of 10FPS unless I have been porting alot.. I am willing to bump the graphics of a game down in order to be able to play at a higher frame rate... I just don't see how not being able to play a game at max graphics can make you not play it..

I also doubt that he is able to play EQ2 on extreme graphics and still get a good frame rate throughout the game. It is just not possible with just a Good video card and lots of ram. They have stated that there is not a system out that can run on extreme and not lag.

Thread Information