Thread: Here's a community post for you all to ponder.

Default Re: Here's a community post for you all to ponder.

i say we gang up on Helcat. it's his fault.[6]

Zermanas

I missed the early stages of the auction, but as far as you are putting it, that seems most unfair. Personaly, I would not pay that much for techs, but if you are willing then its your right and your money.

People prolly jsut real tense about this b/c they are so rare right now, its still sad that it would come to ridiculing a person to that degree, but hopefully things shall settle down.

Though I don't personally care for auctions--only because I never seem to have enough gold to ever get anything [:P] --I cannot imagine having any objective animosity toward the winner of any auction regardless of what the winner intended to do with the object of the auction. And in this particular case, purchasing techs at auction to save as trade bait for other techs useful to the winner is plainly no different than scribing the techs won. Seems to me the complainers in this instance were just envious . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I was one of the people who had words with Kumu. At the time I was not fully aware of the circumstance surrounding what was going on.

I did not know that someone had primal V and is holding out on trading it for anything but a small collection of techs

I was not aware that carpentry V was one Kumu had traded when he was buying it. I saw a dragon buying a tech he could not scribe an action that would take the tech out of circulation until such a time as someone found one of the techs he wanted (read: seemed selfish)

Had I been aware of these facts I might not have been so angry seeing it happen..

The heart of the problem is that by making t5 techs drop only at this stage AE have created yet another divide between bipeds and dragons. With the exception of spell techs any tech scribed by one set of people is lost to the other until another drops.

This is further compounded by the fact that the drop rate is so pathetic on these items that no one knows how long it will be until the tech is available again. It could be 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days 5 weeks no one knows.

When a tech is available it becomes hotly contested especially if it is one useable by a number of people such as smelting.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

"This is further compounded by the fact that the drop rate is so pathetic on these items that no one knows how long it will be until the tech is available again. It could be 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days 5 weeks no one knows. "

i love it. that's how it should be!

"This is further compounded by the fact that the drop rate is so pathetic on these items that no one knows how long it will be until the tech is available again. It could be 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days 5 weeks no one knows. "

i love it. that's how it should be!

---------------------------------------

Yea, lots of people feel this way. Personally i just find the extreme rarity annoying, but I freely admit, ya can't please everybody.
    Korsh HammerFell
    lvl 100 Chaos Warrior / 57 Cleric / 36 Mage
    lvl 18 Mason / 19 Blacksmith
    Order of the Phoenix
    Crucita in the Realm of Order

Kumu,

I was in the channel and reviewed some of the comments made. I dismissed them mostly due the fact I thought they were trying to take you out of the bidding and thereby getting the items for less. I really don't think you are acting in any harmful way to anyone. Youre just doing what the rest of us are doing. Trying to get items we wish to have. If they don't like it, I say its thier problem.

As for you being a Dragon, that's unfortunate you seem like such a nice guy.

Rocinante
    Fury of Feladan

I must apologize. I was one of the people giving Kumu a very hard time the night of the auction.
    I was very frustrated because even though I thought I had a good amount of money going in, I could not seem to win a single tech. Then along comes a dragon who cannot even use many of the techs I'm bidding on, and brings them to, or buys them at, prices well beyond what I have or will likely ever have.

That said, I let my frustration and envy get the better of me. I took this out on Kumu, and I should not have. It is well within his right to buy and use techs as he sees fit. He has horrific amounts of money that he earned, and I have not taken the time do so the same, and that is no reason to be as rude and obnoxious as I was. I've always had something of an anger issue, but thankfully I've gotten to the point where I can realize what I've done and say I'm sorry.

So once again I apologize Kumu, please forgive my very poor behavior. I ask for your forgiveness, and if I do get any dragon techs you can use, I would be more than happy to do a fair trade with you, that is if you are willing to deal with me after how I acted.

In good community spirit, I suggest a thread, possibly even stickied if people think that its a good idea, where people can post a list of what techs they have to trade, and what they would like for it. This way if you don't play at the same time as someone else, you could still know what they have/want for trade.

Neon Burnblade
    Bitter ex-top-jeweler of Expanse (for a few weeks in 2004 anyway)
    --------------------------------------------------
    If anyone is interested in EQ2, look me up as Iridi on the Unrest server. Gronar and Hellga are on as well!

it is always frustrating to have someone with lots of money outbid everyone else - but that it the nature of auctions.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

if a person has enough coin to win the auction bid--- then yay for them.. I won't put someone down just because they are tryin to win techs... more coin my pocket :P

PS>> If there is no auction going on this weekened I may hold another.. I have over 40 techs this time around!

Seeya in Game!
    Frons Von Frik - Order

It seems Kumu used his character's crafting side (and trading) to raise his IG silver and gold needed to get the techniques he wanted to keep or for further trade. Nothing wrong with crafting orders for others or for the pawn broker(or selling other high demand / easily obtainable resources) as others are seeking formula and technique drops.

I think it is great, gives purpose for a dragon player at 100/100.

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    The heart of the problem is that by making t5 techs drop only at this stage AE have created yet another divide between bipeds and dragons. With the exception of spell techs any tech scribed by one set of people is lost to the other until another drops.

This is further compounded by the fact that the drop rate is so pathetic on these items that no one knows how long it will be until the tech is available again. It could be 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days 5 weeks no one knows.
    And this is a huge divide . . . players that have optimized their character's combat style can easily kill tier IV and V monsters that drop tier IV and V formulas and techs faster than those that have not . . .the combat power of multiclassed bipeds vs. dragons. (:: wants to see a Perfect, multicast Fusion Flame Bomb in action ::.)
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Thread Information