Thread: idea for a game within the game

Default idea for a game within the game

with the icreased importance of taverns in the game i would love to see maybe some in game games to play chess or checkers that you could play either vs a bot or another player it would be a nice distraction from adventuring/crafting :)
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Re: idea for a game within the game

And, it just so happens that the Library has a nice board and chairs all set up!

I would LOVE just a simple checkers game that we could sit and play.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Or backgammon for money !!!

...or mahjong with Horizons icons for pieces...

Loacalea

VolleyBall, SnowballFight, Birdy, there alot of mini games thats i love to see.
    Even large puzzle or team play.
    However it seem so far away.

They should focus on the combat sytem and such however it be nice if they focus on mini games alittle and take advice on mini games and there setup.

Pillow Fight would be nice or water slide hehee.

the card game in Final Fantasy is a great model for
    a fun minigame... it's probably more fun than playing
    Final Fantasy...lol
    Got Cowbell?

Ack! They have enough trouble getting core game features done in a timely manner. I'd hate to have them spending time programming up a bunch of mini-gamesas well.

making the game better by adding content can't simply cease
    until all the client issues are resolved. Small projects like this
    can and should be worked on concurrently... it's not an all
    or nothing proposition...
    Got Cowbell?

*looks at the multitude of icon/object assets*

Hrmm... that gives me an inkling of an idea, but I'll still have to play with it for awhile.

May I suggest getting Baela to do some sort of contest involving this? Nothing complex, just something that won't take up their time too much to plan out and avoid wasting time in deciding on this themselves.

We had a game tonight where A player, at his own expense, offerred prizes to the three who couldlocate him fastestand deliver 10 crafted items of your own choice. Prizes were 300s, 200s, and 100s. Limited to levels below 50. Being a 5/7 I thought I had no chance, but actually finished. It was a great break from digging and I saw a few sights earlier than I would have otherwise. Something like this would help left out lower level characters get involved in some of the wider game than NT or LA. He was a good sport and I apologize I cant remember how to spell his name. "Annetore" or something like that, I'd have to look it up online as he is now in my friends list. (some friend I am, cant remember his name for a hour). Anyway my 2 coppers...[Y][Y][Y]

safaia

In my opinion, a small number of minigames would make HZ a lot more interesting.
    Something like poker, chess,beetle races or a trading card game like in Final Fantasy. Some graphical support would be even better (so that others can follow the poker or chessgame)

But I fear that Tulga has not the manpower to add this to HZ

Thread Information