Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dragon world projects .. a brief history

Default dragon world projects .. a brief history

it was recently brought to my attention that keeping track of all the different projects is a bit difficult the way i have been posting them, so here is a consolidation with links to the separate threads. having this stickied could be useful as i will probably use this thread in the future to link to future projects.

the first dragon world project.... i could've sworn i posted info on this but apparently i didn't.
    thankfully i have the info in a file on my computer.
    this project was the new trismus lair, subject of a bit of debate.. the crystal shaper never got popped and eventually the devs told us they never would -- that instead they'd find some other place to put one on trismus and reset the lair (see project 6).
    anyway, the rundown -- open spiral, slope, 3-way, crystal shaper. slope, bend stoneworks.
    oddly enough i have "bend, slope, stoneworks" in my file... but i'm almost 100 % sure it was actually slope bend in the correct order. can anyone confirm?

2 dralk - reklar event

this project received the most help of the bunch, i believe, but the prospect of t2 and t4 XP brings out the best in some ;) that and the draw of taking on reklar once the NPC was revealed with the primal boon spell

3 tazoon - amber crystals with shaper

this was the devs' answer to our prayers/complaints about not having any t3 crystals anywhere. i believe xyndro and grymme did most of the work on this one. once the crystal shaper room was complete the rest of the t1 work was left for others to complete (each corridor section has a chance to spawn amber crystal geodes)

4 mahagra - titian crystals with shaper

this has and still is receiving very little attention. remael and shadowalker have done the majority of the work. as yet the crystal shaper is still unfinished

5 parsinia crystal shaper

this project will only serve purpose if aghazstamn's lair ever poofs. it's a very short distance from this project and makes this very redundant. kion volcano would have been a MUCH better choice for a world crystal shaper on lesser aradoth.

6 new trismus redesign ("5-1/2")

this and the next two i dubbed "5-1/2", etc. due to the fact that they seem to have been released to the servers on the same day.

7 dralk - grand hall project ("5-3/4")

the most extensive lair project to date, it spans from above the western rim of dralk to the snow east of dralk outside of char.

8 chiconis - essence channeler east ("5-7/8")

i'd call this another crystal shaper project... except that there ALREADY IS ONE in the east craft cave in chiconis which is within sight of this project. as far as i'm concerned this is almost more of a waste of time than the parsinia project. they should have simply put an essence channeler in the east craft cave, which is something i'm sure dragons have been asking for since they put channelers in the dragon craft caves (why they put one in the SW cave and not the E cave is beyond me).

9 ker'tis - geode-spawning corridors

um. yeah. no crystal shaper... just corridors with amber geodes.
    *cough*

10 imperial cavern (5.2.2006)

don't know much about the event, but there's a lot to build here. oddly enough, no imbars or lattices are required.
    Last edited by dorrin; May 3rd, 2006 at 06:28 AM.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: dragon world projects .. a brief history

Dragons have another mine to build. This one (project 6, DEFINITELY), is on Trandalar. Amber mine, located at 24704/39202. Main entrance is at 24750/39203.

First part is a Lunus 3-way.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

anything still pending from this list?
    ================================
    The Flying Gekko formerly known as "Nemesis_Expanse" and then "Lizardbreath". Flying strong once more in the skies of Order..

The Dralk Lair still requires lots of work.

I hear the Titan Mine on Order is still unfinished.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

If you mean the one north of the rift. I do not know as I never go up there but have worked on all the other ones and all done but for the hole in Chiconis, the secound Crystalshaper in the Mahgra mine and the Dralk lair.

hm.. ok, i guess i can't edit the top post anymore. someone mentioned this thread recently in-game and was wondering which were done and which weren't. i think each thread says individually but for convenience' sake i figured i'd make note in here of which aren't done.

1,6 i believe the trismus cave isn't done, but there's almost no point to it whatsoever.

4 the second crystal shaper may be incomplete yet, but again.. no point since there's a completed shaper in there already

7 still plenty of work to be done on the grand hall, and not just t6. i think most of the t4 and t5 is done, however. same probably goes for the library - t5 likely done, t6 left over. there are also a few corridors left.. but not too many, i think

9 i haven't kept up on this but remael mentions it occasionally due to the portal that was seen in there. i believe it's yet unfinished

i didn't remember to update here, but as the project 9 thread says, this project is now complete with the possible exception of the corridors out there. the portal room is done.

updates posted to the separate threads for projects 4, 7 and 9 (linked above). all other projects are complete.

Add on Blight, there is finally a portal out of Drakul. It is located in the 'bowl', aka Drakul's Heart, South end. Can't miss, it, it's right on the floor of the volcano, with a big arrow of active 'lava' pointing almost directly at it. Last I checked this was not yet on Live, if I am mistaken, please inform me, and I will change this.

The area on live:

And the same place on blight:

Pieces are as follows: two slopes, then a spiral, then the lunus equivalent to the gemworking master's chamber, with a portal therein.

I have built out the two slopes, with the spiral to follow

For Dralk all was done but for the T6 on the Lib and what you see in the Grand Hall and any stuff on the other side of the Grand Hall. All accessible passways are done.

I tried to edit my own post, but it seems I can't. Anyways, I have finished the spiral on blight, so the construction to the chamber is open.

Bah. *looks embarassed* Shoulda read the section this was in instead of searching and posting. Can a mod please delete my non relevant posts?

calling this 11.

in case the pictures ever drop from the site, the requirements are:

all t1 work

280 imbars
    140 primesce
    140 excor
    210 lattices
    84 mael
    84 flow

sadly, no one noticed nisse's post... so it was discovered today by miiralaeuntryr and c`gan and tsargoth were notified, branching out to many people during the course of the day, sunday. current list of people in the worldprojects channel:

aine, aurakvoar, dranslin, grakkelluroruu, heather, kalaoa, miiralaeuntryr, nectinoth, scaleeth, tagath and tsargoth.
    my apologies to any here who were simply spectating and to those who were involved but not here at the time of posting.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrin View Post
    sadly, no one noticed nisse's post... so it was discovered today by miiralaeuntryr and c`gan and tsargoth were notified, branching out to many people during the course of the day, sunday.
    Hey you're forgetting me!!!

Gegis, Dranslin, Anvault, Kanmiel (Order)

I spoke about this today also in passing on Dragon chat and applied some to the second ramp. Would have worked on the first one but was resetting up my keys and could not start on it.

current standings:

imbars 189/280
    primesce 140/140
    excor 94/140
    lattices 84/210
    mael 71/84
    flow 84/84

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Well done to everyone. That's a great first day turnout, especially to something that's in a remote spot like that. Tagath showed me where on the map you were building and I thought he was nuts for going up there himself (only to end up stuck in a hole that he couldn't get out of, only a few yards from the floor of the crater).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Hehe, oh i remember that. Reporting now there is only a number of lattices and bars to do, all of which will be finished in short order hopefully, but we would like to wait for many to be about for the grand opening of the portal.

And now the portal is now open! For all wondering it leads back to all major cities and is easy access for T5 resources.

Thread Information