Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixed some faulty dragon textures

Default Fixed some faulty dragon textures

Some dragon players will have chosen a head/texture combination that doesnt match quite right.
    It isn't visible as a hatchie, the problem becomes visible as adult and as ancient.
    A nasty black spot floating over your headfin and gaps where the headfin and head connect.
    Eww[+o(]

I edited some of the textures to make this problem less visible.
    I did a simple job and there is no detail in the added few pixels of texture, the area concerned is small and in practive you wont notice this lack of detail.
    Unfortunatly due to the way the models are made and their skinmeshes are layed oout over the textures this may have little or no effect on some head/texture combinations.

Another change I just added to this little mod is white teeth, claws and wingclaws.
    In some cases this mod also colors horns white.
    This has no or little effect on some color/texture combinations but should effect most dragons.

Download at bottom of post.

All claws and teeth white:

White teeth:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Note:
    I only tested it with the head I use.
    Based on that I edited the same areas on all other textures.
    If this mod doesnt solve your specific texture hole problems then chances are I can't do it without changing the actual model and skinmesh layout (wich I can't).

The white teeth and claws work better on some texture/color combination then others.

Big Thanks go out to Fridlekh again. His agh viewer made this possible for me.

Installation:
    Simply download and unzip the zipfile into your Horizons root folder to install.
    Example:
    You have Horizons installed to C:\program files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons (or in.C:\program files\Tulga Games\Horizons)
    Unzip the file into that path. all files will be dropped in the right place automaticly.

Download:
    http://www.ancientorder.org/Download...exture_job.zip

How to uninstall:
    Simply delete the folder \Horizons\resources_override\textures_agh

Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Default Re: Fixed some faulty dragon textures

Way to go Cobal! Another nice job as always [;)]

*downloads*
    Inferno - Level 100 DRAG/100 DCRA/63 DLSH/43 Million Hoard, Ancient Dragon on Chaos (formerly Wind/Unity).
    Saleck - Mage in Training. Too many Craft Schools.

The tongue color I can just make darker or lighter.
    The textures are greyscales and a filter is applied by the engine to get our color.

The slitted neck seems to be an actual model problem, on vertex needs to moved down a bit and probably needs welding to another vertex.

Im now trying to get claws and teeth to show up as white.
    Works so far with my texture and color but it doesnt look very nice, yet.

[edit]Added the white teeth and claws to the zip :)[/edit]

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    www.AncientOrder.org

Very good :) [Y]
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Does the tooth and claw fix also work on other heads or only on that one you use cobal?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I dont know, it really depends on your color and texture choice.
    It worked allright on the few dragonsI saw yesterday.

Thing is all dragon textures are greyscales, the game colorizes the textures to our choice.
    I made the teeth and claws and textures very light, the game then colorizes it in your color. So in theory your teeth and claws should show up as a very light version of your own color.
    This will work better on some dragons then on others.

www.AncientOrder.org

Hmm okay when i get home today i will try out them and will look if they work for me ^^

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Well I installed you pack cobal and got some nice and unnice effects [:P]

before

Uhh why are my nice horns white.. bleh i want them black again, and my nails?!? why arent they white... odd..

Uhh i love my new white ploished teeth but my horns... bleh! [st]

Where i could buy those blue horns? [:P]

The head of my guldie turned nice out, but her claws are not white :(

meh! why does my guildie have white claw and i not :P i should eat the clawdyer [6]

First off, texture fix didn't quite fix my front on head slit issue...

Secondly, is there anything you can do for my COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COLOR FROM MY BODY HEAD? Eh its really really annoying -.-

-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Well I kinda suspected your milage with this pack might vary.

Looks like the area of the texture that is used for teeth is used for horns for some heads.

I will have to do a lot of experimenting before I can come up with a pack that has the same effect on all dragons, I doubt its even possible.

Asteral, that head color, was that a result of the pack or was it allways like that?
    I dont think I can fix that [:S]

www.AncientOrder.org

*chuckles* Nay nay its always been that way :(
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Raftina

I actually enjoy the white horns, teeth, and claws. They are more natural. I especially like the transition between the white horns and the natural color of the dragon. (Considering horns are made of the same stuff as nails anyway) It's unfortunate that with my color choice the only part that shows on my dragon is the horns and teeth, and even then it is so light that it is nearly unnoticeable.

Here are some pictures of myself (post patch)

Is there any way to make the little "horns" on the wing tips whiter and the tongue darker?

~Edit.
    I saw this fella at the Brist portal today and might I add he looks BEAUTIFUL!
    This is how a dragon should look. ;)

Raftina

OK, I decided to do some detective work and went into the character creation screen for dragons. I discovered that the patch will work with 90% of dragons. The patch won't work with certain color patterns because it looks like a seperate filter is used. Below are two pictures of the same color choices but it appears that a couple of the skins are ignoring the file with the tooth/claw color changes. It appears as if some of the colors are "flat" and don't have any shading. It's possible that the file changed for the teeth and claws is only used if certain skins are chosen that use "shading" file.

(The below pics are the same "color", but one ignores the T&C patch and the other one doesn't)

The above file seems to use the T&C patch.

While this one doesn't.

Only my teeth are white when I use the mod, but it's already so much cooler!

Wish my claws, and wing claws were like my teeth, but... :P

Now all we need are red mouths, and non blurry neckfins.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

bleh :/ ... i don't want a red tongue...
    actually about the only thing i'd change with dorrin is lighter blue teeth, but that has to do with his story

Quote Originally Posted by dorrin
    bleh :/ ... i don't want a red tongue...
    actually about the only thing i'd change with dorrin is lighter blue teeth, but that has to do with his story
    He ate the smurf village?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Thanks for posting the pics you all.
    They are very helpfull in trying to figure out what part of the texture is rendered on what polygon :)

www.AncientOrder.org

One thing I noticed, like from Raftina'sChar creation pics, are that the Decal color has a big effect on your teeth and horn color. I am a Black dragon with blue decal colors and ended up with the Blueish/white teeth and horns. If you Look at Raftina's in game pics you see they have purplish horns and looks like light purple decal color. The red Dragon from Raftina's looks to have red decals so got the redish horns. That is something someone might want to play with is change the decal color and see how that effects Horn colors.

Hm, after playing around in the character creation, I think the issue is in the textures. Right from the start, I left color etc alone, and changed the body texture. Some had the white claws, others didn't.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

I meant the tint of some horns are effected by the decal color. I have seen red dragons with very white horns and some with pink horns. I have seen Black dragons with the blue/white horns like me and some with white. But just may be me.

Raftina

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    I meant the tint of some horns are effected by the decal color. I have seen red dragons with very white horns and some with pink horns. I have seen Black dragons with the blue/white horns like me and some with white. But just may be me.
    If you notice on the two pictures I posted above, they both have the same decal color. The only differance is the main scale color. One has highlights and one doesn't. It's the way the colors are applied to each model. Some use the files modified by the mod and some don't. These are the "flat" colors we see in the example pic.

The reason why the colors "bleed" into the horns/nails/teeth is because of the way the color filters are applied over the scale patterns.

Thread Information