Thread: Trying to come back - please help!

Sslikmage

Default Trying to come back - please help!

After a LONG time, I just renewed my account for 1 month. Downloaded the full installer. When I log in, I see all my old chars listed. So far, so good.
    BUT: As soon as I want to play, I get the message "File ... couldn't be downloaded" (something like no_update_list.asc - can't check right now since I'm at work).
    My firewall/router (FritzBox) is set to accept the ports given in the support section (47101..47104 TCP to the same ports 47101..47104 on the PC. Also the other port numbers, and the same for UDP). Should I maybe route them to port 80 instead?
    Windows firewall is switched off, b.t.w. The ActiveX control is installed.

Any suggestions welcome!

Default Re: Trying to come back - please help!

I know i'm not allowed to link, but look on this page and you'll find the solution for all your problems ^_^

happy gamin'

http://www.the-first-born.org/view_t...ons%20Launcher
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Sslikmage

Thanks a lot - I'll try that tool as soon as I get home tonight.

This is about inability to download the no_update_list right? I'm not sure if a 3rd-party launcher will fix the problem as I don't know where the problem crops up. Here's another way to work around it:
    Here is a temporary fix for this problem. It only works on Windows NT/2k/XP (and 2003? Dunno.)

Open the file c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (or where ever you have installed Windows) in Notepad.

Add this line at the end of the file:
    68.142.64.216 patch.eu.istaria.com

The space between the IP and hostname is a tab. Save it and try to patch again. Make sure the file is saved as plain text, nothing else. You should remove this when the patch server is failed.
    Some notes:
    * I think this problem affects only fresh installs. Not sure why. It makes you unable to contact the patch server.
    * The fix above actually binds you with USA patch server IP, so new patches are downloaded when they get pushed live over there.
    * If you are building an install from ground up (downloaded a client or from HZ CDs) fetch yourself the post-install update package from here. It is much faster way to bring your client up to date than web update, leaving you with just the latest updates that are not yet been incorporated into the pack.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Sslikmage

The tool at the link worked - I used it once and then also the usual login via IE worked.

But since yesterday night I have another problem: HZ starts up and while "validating authentication" I get an error window "Transport Error - Error ID 109". Clicking OK makes HZ quit :-(

Hello!

Some kind of network problem I would wager... is this from your work system or any system?

Rakku

Thread Information