Thread: Hoard Structures and Inventory

Default Hoard Structures and Inventory

I would like to see abuildable structure that represents accumulated hoard value. I propose having a special chamber in a lair or a treasure chest on a plot. The size should be small enough that anyone who wanted it could build one. By that I mean that it should be smaller than a T1 pawnbroker. The purpose of this type of structure would mostly be to show off your stuff. It would be a sort of trophy room or museum. This structure would allow any player to go to your plot andview the contents of your hoard.
    This brings up my next idea about how hoard should be displayed. I propose that hoard items be a sort of inventory similar to the way that formulas are stored. When a formula is scribed, it goes into a special kind of inventory from which you can only delete items. You can see its icon and read the description, butyou cannot pull it backout and give it to someone else. For hoard, only one instance of the item needs to be displayed, but you can hoard a thousand if you want. I see no need for an item stack counter. Again, this is a way to see what you have and what you need to complete your collection. Those items that are only hoardable and have no other purpose, i.e. not scales, crystals, trophies etc., would be the only viewable itemsdisplayed inthis special window. The window would show total hoard value as well as hoarded items.This new hoard inventoryshould also be accessible from the character window for those who choose not to build a structure on their property.
    Finally, let all creatures collect a treasure hoard like this. Bipeds can currently only use hoard items as a sort of wampum for trading with dragons. This would give us something fun to do with it. However, I do NOT feel that bipeds should get any special abilities as their hoard increases.

Hlano Nitro, Chaos
    Human Adventurer and Crafter
    Hlano Nitro, Chaos

Default Re: Hoard Structures and Inventory

Dragon hoard chambers are on hold currently as they program a way to translate your hoard level into something they can show. Once they get that working it is my hope that other rooms will get redid to also work that way. Such as libraries that have more books the more forms that are in them and Consigners that have shelves with more items on them as they get filled up with more items to sale.

As to having hoard basically show what is them them it will never happen as the data base nightmare that would be would not be good and the lag it created would be massive but thats my feeling.

I do hope that the hoard chamber does get translated into some form for the Bipeds even if it is only libraries and such. Or maybe a "trophy" room that has default levels based off what you put into it like a hoard but it is ate by the room and just for show. Every one would have the same looking room at each level but would still be nice I think.

Fiko

*zips through kumu's hoard room* Oooo! Whatz this?! *pokes at a pile causing it to lean and wobble a bit* Oh my, you have one of those! *pulls a sword from the middle of a weapons rack that tips over* Where did you hide those cookies you said were in here for me?! *is startled by the door slamming shut*

Fiko

Obviously, you wont' be able to display discrete objects within a hoard because the game engine has no way of tracking which objects are being 'burned' up whenever dragons use silver strike, gold rage etc.

Also it would induce unacceptable amounts of lag.

A purely abstract display would be cool, though. Perhaps a hoard chamber could use a sort of furniture like interface where each piece of displayed hoard had a 'cost' which could total no more than the dragon's hoard level...

Raftina

Quote Originally Posted by cattoy
    Obviously, you wont' be able to display discrete objects within a hoard because the game engine has no way of tracking which objects are being 'burned' up whenever dragons use silver strike, gold rage etc.

Also it would induce unacceptable amounts of lag.

A purely abstract display would be cool, though. Perhaps a hoard chamber could use a sort of furniture like interface where each piece of displayed hoard had a 'cost' which could total no more than the dragon's hoard level...
    Oooh, that's a nice idea.

We could choose what items to display in our hoard. Giant gold pile = 100,000 hoard, Slightly singed suit of armor = 1000 hoard, Solid gold throne = 10,000 hoard, ect. If we could also place them exactly where we want in the room that would be great too.

The intention is not to keep track of the running tally of how many scales or antiquated swords you have in your hoard andif you have burned it up on a gold strike or not. It is to keep track of the different kinds of oddities that you have put intoyour hoard. Think of it like a trading card collection. How many duplicates you have isn't really important, it's the variety and collecting all the cards in the series that is. Players already collect hoard this way, but they have it in storage somewhere that only they can look at it. I would like an easyway for it to be displayed.
    From a lag point of view, i don't see why it would introduce any more lag than any other structure on a plot. As far as the database, they would need to keep track of a discrete list of items and a yes/no data point. Either the character has addedone priceless earringto their hoard or they have not. In simplistic terms they would need to add another 2 column table to their character records and an in game interface to access this data. Since I don't know exactly what goes on inside their servers, I admit that I have no idea how difficult it would actually be for them to implement. But I think that it would make the collection of hoard more interesting and enjoyable.
    Hlano Nitro, Chaos

Thread Information