Thread: Security Update

Default Security Update

Attention Players: During the maintenance today, we made some updates to our security system. If you are one of our players who use the standalone launcher (HorizonsLauncher.exe), you will need to patch through the website to get the updated version before it will work properly.

fyi,
    Still unableto use the HorizonsLauncher.exe after using the webpage to log in.
    Didn't see any updating take place. 0/0 files downloaded.

Default Re: Security Update

I also logged in using the IE login by request of the man. I get

---------------------------
    Error trying to log in.
    Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: http://horizons.istaria.com/DataAccess/hsp_Login.
    OK

when I try to use the launcher after my nightly session.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Must have been the Red pill?? It's updating now. Thanks!

any word on this....or are we just sticking our head into the sand and hoping it goes away?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I'm having this problem with the launcher also. And I did a full scan.
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

after you download from the web site i took the icon out of the horizons folder and deleted teh old launcher and everything is fine.
    Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
    Pinky: You have no idea.

When I used the IE based launcher, Norton Internet Sec (?) asked if I wanted to allow a script. Said yes, and chose full scan, and all went well. Standalone works fine afterwards.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

I had to remove (rename) the MSVCP71.dll file from the Horizons main directory. The patcher kept hanging on this file, and failing the patch, indicating I would have to restart the launcher and try again.

Once the file was renamed, the patcher replaced it with the patch version and all was well.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

imported_Rick

Since the latest security update, we've received some reports of people unable to log into Horizons. The error message occurs when trying to use the launcher and states that the "Server did not recognize the value of HTTP" or "The was a web server error". We recently released a fix to the patcher that resolved a problem with the patcher updating itself - unfortunately you can't get this fix unless you've performed a full scan from the web site. To fix this problem: 1) Delete HorizonsLauncher.exe from your horizons install folder 2) Log in through the web site and make sure to click the Full Scan option before clicking "Play Horizons" If you would like to further confirm that the problem is because your launcher was out of date, please follow these instructions: 1) In your horizons install folder, right click on the horizonsLauncher.exe 2)Click properties 3) Click the Version tab 4) The version should be at least 1.6.1005.0 - if not, then you may have trouble connecting. Follow the steps above. Please make sure that if you copied the horizonsLauncher.exe to some other location (like your desktop) that youdeletethe file, and instead use a shortcutto launcher the .exe file in your horizons directory. The patching software will not update other copies of the horizonsLauncher.exe on your computer. If you continue to have trouble, please contact support at support.istaria.com or through email at [email protected]

Eyes.... bleeding....
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

I see it just fine
    Got Cowbell?

It's telling me to wait for the ActiveX controls to load.

for forever.

imported_Rick

For those having trouble reading the previous post:

Since the latest security update, we've received some reports of people unable to log into Horizons. The error message occurs when trying to use the launcher and states that the "Server did not recognize the value of HTTP" or "The was a web server error".

We recently released a fix to the patcher that resolved a problem with the patcher updating itself - unfortunately you can't get this fix unless you've performed a full scan from the web site. To fix this problem:
    1) Delete HorizonsLauncher.exe from your horizons install folder
    2) Log in through the web site and make sure to click the Full Scan option before clicking "Play Horizons"

If you would like to further confirm that the problem is because your launcher was out of date, please follow these instructions:
    1) In your horizons install folder, right click on the horizonsLauncher.exe
    2) Click properties
    3) Click the Version tab
    4) The version should be at least 1.6.1005.0 - if not, then you may have trouble connecting. Follow the steps above.

Please make sure that if you copied the horizonsLauncher.exe to some other location (like your desktop) that you delete the file, and instead use a shortcut to launcher the .exe file in your horizons directory. The patching software will not update other copies of the horizonsLauncher.exe on your computer.

If you continue to have trouble, please contact support at support.istaria.com or through email at [email protected]

Thanks Rick, that fixed it! [H]

Thread Information