Thread: Dragon Gathering Animation

Default Dragon Gathering Animation

Well since we do not truly dig for our resources and instead use magic "tools" to pull them from the ground. Could we get the dig animation replaced by say the Beta casting animation instead? That way we can pull the resource from the ground and form them between our claws.

Default Re: Dragon Gathering Animation

I think david said they were about to change the casting animation to the beta style, which would probably get confusing for new players.

I think the digging is cute... I could pet you ... almost

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    I think the digging is cute... I could pet you ... almost
    I rest my case.

I Like the digging animation.

Viewed from the right angle you can just read "bugger, I hate crafting...." from my dragons face :)
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Well besides the kitty digging in litter issue [:)] my main thoughts where that I want it to be close to how we are really gathering. The daves state over and over that we do not use tools but magic abilities to gather. No if they want to say that use we use magic but doing so requires a digging like motion then I guess I could live with it. But I like to think that we more make guestures and pull the resources from the earth.

The main reason I asked for the beta casting animation is it is already thier and fits well with the thought of forming the raw nodes in our claws. As to useing it for both gathering and combat casting, as both are spells and both could be cast the same way. I could see how that might be a little confusing but I woul dthink some one would know if they clicked on gather or a combat spell. The only real issue I could see if is they had a craft and spell hot keys side by side and hit the wrong one.

I've always liked the dragon digging animation ever since I saw it in beta. Don't change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    Even with magic, it's extremely conceivable that we actually have to touch the materials instead of utilizing some sort of Resource Tractor Beam magic.

I look at it like this:

Our "Magical Abilities" are simply enhancing our claws with specific magics that enable us to mine/process/shape the base material. Not that they are poofed into our possession. It still requires work.

The digging animation is exactly what I would expect from a quadruped who was gathering a resource.

The beta casting animation is right out in my opinion. That is for the casting of spells. Not the activation of abilities.
    If we are using our claw, then there's no excuse for those claws not to be equipable with Tool Socket.

Sadly, when I once asked about that, I was told that we weren't using our claw.

There's an issue here.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I hate the Spellcasting animation on the dragons.... it looks so... um.... dorky?

They get up on their hindlegs, raise the right paw in the air, open their mouths, and have their tongues sticking straight out.. um.. geh.

If anything needs changed, its that. Then worry about the crafting animation. I think you should change the crafting animation depending on WHICH tool you use. Say...

Mining: Leave the way it is.
    Quarrying: Leave the way it is.
    Essence Harvesting: Have some sort of animation where the dragon hovers its paw above the wisp to suck its essence out.

The other crafts? Not sure...though "Digging" animation doesn't really fit, say, Smelting...

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    I hate the Spellcasting animation on the dragons.... it looks so... um.... dorky?

They get up on their hindlegs, raise the right paw in the air, open their mouths, and have their tongues sticking straight out.. um.. geh.

If anything needs changed, its that. Then worry about the crafting animation. I think you should change the crafting animation depending on WHICH tool you use. Say...

Mining: Leave the way it is.
    Quarrying: Leave the way it is.
    Essence Harvesting: Have some sort of animation where the dragon hovers its paw above the wisp to suck its essence out.

The other crafts? Not sure...though "Digging" animation doesn't really fit, say, Smelting...

--Dhalin

For the Dragon casting fix look here:
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=84347

And i like the digging animation for the drags also, please dont change it!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

I also like the digging animation... Bedsides (to my knowledge) They have said we magicaly /work/ our materials. Not obtain them. We'd probibly be pretty good at digging things up anyway. Beyond that, I'd hate to see that casting aninmation, or any hind leg standing animation, going off every time you hit a node... I think I'd find that annoying, personaly.
    Lumineux Talar

safaia

You don't like the digging animation when mining for stones, gems or metal?

I don't like the animation when gathering for milk, eggs or water. Actually a biped doing this is slashing a cow, hen or a well with the bucket. THAT is an unmatching animation ;)

I told my wife.... it makes me look like I am humping the resource node.

I wouldn't mind a slight variation change :)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information