Thread: Transport Errors and Invalid States

Default Transport Errors and Invalid States

Had a difficult time with disconnects last night.

These two happened when little or no activity ie standing still.
    2 transport errors
    1 cannot connect after I had been playing??

The oddest one. During heavy spell casting combat

Runtime Fatal Error: Invalid State: 5@ c:\client_vs 2003\ headers properties. h:145

The HZ Debug window popped up on the last one giving two errors that had to have ok clicked.. Both were cannot read memory??

Have had disconnects from the dsl router before and the lost connection comes up and the lights on the router are not all as they should be.. that wasn't the case last night.

Default Re: Transport Errors and Invalid States

Two more transport errors this afternoon. Every thing ok with the servers?

What is the error # of the transport errors?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I've been playing fullscreen and it's trapped behind. The task manager shows horizons.exe not responding and transport error.. Switch to task for transport error and hit enter for it to close so I'm not actually seeing the OK button and text.

I'll run it in windowed mode so I can get to the message text and ok button and report back here asap.

Window mode allowed the Transport Error notification to pop to front.

Error ID 106

Also using the stand alone launcher

Any word on this error? Error # given as requested. This client side or server side?

106 is kind of the generic catch-all transport error. It is typically generated from a communications failure between client and server. Firewalls, and other things that might interrupt connectivity usually cause this.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

[:S] Ok thank you, If this starts to be a problem again I'll reset the dsl router and keep an eye out for a differen't error message aswell and give feedback if that resolves anything. Would port forwarding help at all?

Thanks again

Not sure. Horizons expects certain ports to be open (incoming).

Proxopid

I have been getting Transport Errors from the beginning (of me playing horizons).
    I know for a fact that it is my ISP, because every Transport Error follows after a big lag - and every time these lags occur, I only need a quick look to the right to my DSL modem... to see the light which shows the connection to the provider has gone out.
    It never takes more than a few seconds to start blinking again but in about 1/3 to 1/2 of all cases, it results in a Transport Error (in all other cases it's "just" major lag).
    My ISP is informed of this and I hope they can solve this.

You might want to keep an eye on your router - every time you encounter big lags (like chatting in hz and your text not arriving or totally stopping gathering/attacking). When you get the Transport Error, it might be too late already, because usually I get the Error after my connection works again.

Good luck!

Thank you that is a good point, I do have the DSL router in view. I also have the /window lagwindow open and watch the UnackMsg.. err something like that..

When I get a pause in game play I look at those two things. The all purpose transport error has happened when the dsl router was all green. but the lag window was showing that timeout was increasing to the disconnected point.

So to a point I have an early warning with the lag window feedback.
    The reason I asked about if ports needed to be forwarded was because I've heard thatrouting can be a real bottle neckand forwarding can smooth that out.
    For example I d/l gigs of anime. With port forwarding, the speed increases.
    I don't d/l at the same time I play because of how greedy for resources HZ is.
    Did a forum search on ports and found nothing. Only feed back was that HZ expects them to be open.

I hope this clarifies

Proxopid

For the record: This afternoon a tech guy from my ISP called me. He basically told me that my connection sucks big time (i dunno, maybe its the old building), he called it "poor conenction quality". He said he had made some changes in the configuration (whatever that means) and he thinks it should be working much better now but he couldn't promise anything.

I've been logged in for 4,5 hours now - not a single lag. Woohoo! I hope it stays that way.

Good luck for you, hope it works out for you as it did with me :)

Proxopid

Seems like the edit function doesn't work here.

I just wanted to add that I meant the client-side lag appears to be gone. The occasional delay in different actions is of course still there, but that's totally common in mmorpgs, as it seems.

Glad to hear it!And welcome to Horizons.

Proxopid

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Glad to hear it!And welcome to Horizons.

Thanks! I'm really enjoying it so far. Combat is a very slow - but then again, I'm a 90% crafter ;) I just finished my ~7 hour "stress test" - seems my ISP really wants me to play hz ^_^ Not a single client-side lag, no dc, couldnt be better.

But back to topic.

How's your connection treating you Cloe?

Posted 2-14-06
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloe
    [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img] Ok thank you, If this starts to be a problem again I'll reset the dsl router and keep an eye out for a differen't error message aswell and give feedback if that resolves anything. Would port forwarding help at all?

Thanks again
    I can only guess since it cleared up that there was something going on somewhere between me and the servers since the 106 error isn't specific,
    thanks for asking

This sounds like a network issue. Horizons needs ports 47701-47704, 47101-47110 open to connect to the game servers.

So are these the correct ports now? This was pasted in another post by Dotcher. Have we learned in the last 4 months what ports are relevant?

Does anyone know for certain??

Imported or Domestic, It'll still cost ya an arm and a leg
    Last edited by Cloe; June 24th, 2006 at 05:33 AM.

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Cloe
    This sounds like a network issue. Horizons needs ports 47701-47704, 47101-47110 open to connect to the game servers.

So are these the correct ports now? This was pasted in another post by Dotcher. Have we learned in the last 4 months what ports are relevant?

Does anyone know for certain??

Imported or Domestic, It'll still cost ya an arm and a leg
    Yes, these are accurate

Thanks for the follow up Ophelea.

Thread Information