Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Resurrection Spell

Default Re: Dragon Resurrection Spell

Quote Originally Posted by Eni
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dragoniade wrote:
    3- Any biped can choose to do 15 level in one of the healer class for a basic rez.

Wrong.
    Yes any biped can do 15 levels and get a rez. Now on the other side not all classes will be able to use that rez.

Resurrection 1 is level 10, and 100 life and requires you to be active in one of the following classes. Guardian, Bloodmage, Spirit D, Storm D, Reaver, Ranger, Cleric, Druid, Shaman, Spiritist, Paladin, Healer (12 classes). thats 43% of all classes, assuming thatyou have at least 10 levels of cleric.

The following classes do not get to cast Resurrection under any circumstance. Chaos Warrior, Elemental Archer, Crossbowman, KNOC, Ice D, Flame D, Berzerker, Spearman, Conj, Wizard, Sorc, Battlemage, Monk, Scout, Warrior, Mage (16 classes). 57% of all classes, regardless of cleric levels can NOT rez.

That said ALL dragons that complete a certain part of Arop are resurrection capable.
    100% of all dragons that have killed the appropriate Guardian in the Rift can resurrect.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

You could always take an Ancient along.... for resses :)

Dragons start out more similiar to single class warrior than anything.

During the time you are a hatchling, you should be learning how to effectively fight, what your limits are, how your debuffs work, teamwork. You don't need a biped for any of that.

If it's taking you 30 min to get someplace, perhaps you aren't aware of where all the destination pads are. Spend a week exploring, andportalling from bristugo and marking your map with the name of each landing pad. Have you attuned everywhere? (Parsinia, Morning Light, Harro, Lerena, Dryart, South March, Dikaina, Selen. all have thier place. Greet the gatekeeper who usually is standing next to the landing pad. South march he's across the path by the gazebo)

Keep all of your dragon adventure quests current. Both those in chiconis and those in dralk. Don't forget Vladtmordt has a quest as well. Darkstaff quests can give you little maps, directions with co-ordinates.They are a good way to explore. Do these quests every 10 levels.

Keep your hoard above the amount thats considered the cap for your level. It adds armor.

To amplify Seranthor's comments, you have to keep in mind that even a heavily multiclassed biped must be in the "right" adventure class to access resurrection. My dwarf is a 100/100/66 Cleric/Chaos Warrior/Crossbowman. If he is in either Chaos Warrior or Crossbowman mode while in a hunting group, his Cleric ability to cast resurrection doesn't do him (or the group) a lick of good. To the contrary, he would have to recall back, port to a town with a Cleric trainer and switch classes, then head back to the group to rez the fallen. And then recall again, port to a town with a Chaos Warrior or Crossbowman trainer, and then head back to the group once again.

So being able to resurrect as a biped isn't just simply a matter of multiclassing.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Eni wrote:

Not True. Dragons can "farme" nice. At level 90 i had no Problems with big numbers of fireopal golems and t4 blights. Big in this case means all i could get in pull range. And i never managed to lower my hoard .Drop always was higher than my burnout.

And to the rezz. Main part of biped schools will never be able to rezz.

Ugh. You did a very BAD comparaison.
    T4 blight are 10-20 level or so below your.
    Golem always have been cheapcake for any race.

Try fighthing something that actually drop something valuable, like wolves, or other critter that actually hit for some damage.
    Why a bad comparison? They drop a pretty amount of hoard items and that's what was asked about before....

About the above lvl hunting, true, the highest I ever did was an old lvl 119 Fyakki as pure lvl 64 Cleric, so 55 above my lvl. But it's anything else then efficient, as it took 15-20 minutes to take it down....their hardened shell seems to be on something like a 5 minute timer, sigh! Well and forget that with any mob which can heal itself in any way[:P]

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

sorry Dhalin but your wants will fall on deaf ears..

When the "rewards" *spits* for Ancient came out there were pages and pages of dragons begging for them to be improved upon, for the rez to be adjusted more along the lines of what Bipeds have (either reduced timer for nothing beyond a regular rez, or reduced hoarde coast or something...). Nothing.

Pages and pages of people BEGGING that the logic behind the ancient size reduction be expalined. Nothing.

Dragons quitting because the rewards are basically a joke - nothing.

So, here I sit, my lonely dragon in protest, I won't be ascending Ancient for a long time to come because there really is very little point the way I see it and I still feel insulted and spit upon by the devs that these are suppose to be the "rewards" for two years of struggle (for me).

The big thing I was looking forward to as Ancient was the Rez - and that turned into a kick in the teeth.

As anything positive that happens with this game, there always seems to be a backsided slap at the same time.

I just wanted to say you're not alone in yoru dissatisfaction with this Rez Dhalin, but realize that nothing's going to be done about it.

Folks, I'm certain that your completely aware that you do not even have to complete Arop to be able to rez, correct?... unless I'm horribly mistaken you have to kill only ONE of the guardians in the rift, someone correct me if I'm wrong. And please... cry me a river, its not just rez... it is a no DP rez... Nobody except healers have that ability and they have a 15min recast on theirs...So I'm horribly sorry if you have to work for something. So if your gonna cry foul present ALL the facts... not just the ones to support your side of the field.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    sorry Dhalin but your wants will fall on deaf ears..

When the "rewards" *spits* for Ancient came out there were pages and pages of dragons begging for them to be improved upon, for the rez to be adjusted more along the lines of what Bipeds have (either reduced timer for nothing beyond a regular rez, or reduced hoarde coast or something...). Nothing.

Pages and pages of people BEGGING that the logic behind the ancient size reduction be expalined. Nothing.

Dragons quitting because the rewards are basically a joke - nothing.

So, here I sit, my lonely dragon in protest, I won't be ascending Ancient for a long time to come because there really is very little point the way I see it and I still feel insulted and spit upon by the devs that these are suppose to be the "rewards" for two years of struggle (for me).

The big thing I was looking forward to as Ancient was the Rez - and that turned into a kick in the teeth.

As anything positive that happens with this game, there always seems to be a backsided slap at the same time.

I just wanted to say you're not alone in yoru dissatisfaction with this Rez Dhalin, but realize that nothing's going to be done about it.
    .... rants forum is nice

Also of note why give a better rez when later once they get around to Dragon classes there is a pretty good chance that a dragon classs will get a rez on a much shorter timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Folks, I'm certain that your completely aware that you do not even have to complete Arop to be able to rez, correct?... unless I'm horribly mistaken you have to kill only ONE of the guardians in the rift, someone correct me if I'm wrong. And please... cry me a river, its not just rez... it is a no DP rez... Nobody except healers have that ability and they have a 15min recast on theirs...So I'm horribly sorry if you have to work for something. So if your gonna cry foul present ALL the facts... not just the ones to support your side of the field.

Correct on all counts, Seranthor. Every single one of them.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Who cares if the Ancient's Rez has DP with it or not?

It:

1). Uses FIVE THOUSAND HOARD. (gee, Bipeds don't have to throw away their Armor/Attack/Stats to cast a rez....you don't see Biped healers throwing 2.5+ silver away every rez...)
    2). Has a ONE HOUR RECAST. (um.. so in a high level Lv100 group... that probably has high stakes, you're supposed to only have 1 death per dragon per hour? Um..)

The Healers' Rez that has no DP is a FIFTEEN MINUTE recast. And they probably get it a lot sooner, don't they? Like what, Lv50?

I woulda been happy with a Lv50 Dragon Res that gave 100 health and did not 'save' you from DP. Why not? 43% of All Biped Classes can cast that Rez if they are Lv15ish or higher.

Heck, why not do this? Make it so that Helians only can get that Rez. Then only 50% of all dragons can cast it. Sounds pretty dang fair to me, 43% of all bipeds can cast it? okay, only 50% of dragons can cast it too.

Oh and... Dragons can't reverse their decision between Helian/Lunus, like a Biped can choose a different active Class.

Try again.

[Edit: I guess a big point behind this thread, is one thing: EVERYTHING a Dragon can do, a Biped can do it BETTER except for two things: Primal Boon (which isn't required, per se), and Flight. Everything else, I mean, EVERYTHING ELSE a Dragon can do, Bipeds can do it better/easier. Sure, Dragons have Gold Rage.... which takes down a single opponent fast, but a Biped can tank a single opponent, with healing spells and such, for far longer, still being able to kill it AND recover faster. Oh, and they can level faster too, by taking out several opponents at once for good experience/trophies. Not to mention, they can farm trophies for their other, lower classes. Dragons can't do that either. I could go on all day about things Bipeds can do that Dragons cannot. And don't tell me "go play a biped if you hate being a dragon"... I LOVE dragons.... I Hate how they are Flawed Game Mechanics-wise. I love roleplaying a dragon, being a dragon... I just wish this game didn't make them so dang inferior to bipeds.....everything a Dragon gets, is a watered down version of what a Biped can already do, Resurrection being one of the main pieces of Proof. If a dragon EVER gets anything a Biped has, it comes with Large penalties, in the form of hoard and ridiculous recast timers.]

--Dhalin

Dragons will never have all the skills, abilities and whatnot of a biped AND have the privledge of flight. That is disgustingly unbalancing of you to even remotely suggest it. A biped doing things better than a dragon, sure... lots of things... a dragon doing things better than a biped, sure... lots of things... just because your blinded by your envy of things you dont have and dont deserve does not rise to the level of dragon entitlement... like my mother used to tell me when I threw a tantrum, 'Gimme died and get over it.'

Helian rez might be just fine, it could be one of the selling points for chosing the Helian faction, and sorry, telling me a dragon cant farm is a bald face lie... I can and have done things with a dragon that a biped of a similar level can only dream about doing... example... level 90 dragon taking a dozen mith boulder golems solo... show me a 90 rated biped that can do that. I went from 90 to 94 solo in 2 hours as a dragon. Dont give me that trash that dragons level slow. Its garbage. Sure you could attempt to go on 'all day' about what dragons can and cant do in relation to what bipeds can cant do and you'll continue to present things that are easily countered repeatedly, regardless of whether you accept these things or not.

About dragons and their faction choices, you are required to talk to EACH faction leader before you decide are you not? Or did you just not bother to read and research your faction selection? Failure to plan on your part does not constitute in any way an emergency or a reason for you to be rewarded for that failure. Your arguements are flawed, your anti-biped setiment is flawed and your logic is flawed. Even your contention that dragons are 'inferior' is flawed. Because they are NOT. Perhaps you've failed miserably in learning to play your dragon and in fact it only appears that they are 'inferior'. Please, please I implore you, research your statements and offer accurate information before you continue to do a disservice to your fellow dragonkin by continuing these uninformed howlings.It makes you appear pathetic, clueless and disgustingly weak.

Loacalea

Yes bips can become stronger when they multi-class.
    Once Dragon are allow to multi-class this will be all brought up again just the bips would start to complain.

If you want to do something pick your favorit Dragon air, fire, water, earth and do alittle research on them.
    A Life Dragon should have everything a bip healer have and only able to cast life attack spells.

Void & Light Dragon should also be least of your worry as those two classes would be the most powerful as void will have darkness power and also have great mind as light dragon would have light spell and there buffs react immediatly unlike mind spell.

Stop fussing and try to make a list of ability or spell for your favorit type.
    There many elemental classes dragon fall under so you should have no trouble comeing sort on type of dragons.
    I already posted a story for them that count for the release of new classes for dragon mustI copy and past them on the boards to give you an ideal where to start!

Plz stop whinng and do something plz!!!

Dragons once they multi-class would be the most powerful character in the game no bips would stand close to there ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor

Dragons will never have all the skills, abilities and whatnot of a biped AND have the privledge of flight. That is disgustingly unbalancing of you to even remotely suggest it. A biped doing things better than a dragon, sure... lots of things... a dragon doing things better than a biped, sure... lots of things... just because your blinded by your envy of things you dont have and dont deserve does not rise to the level of dragon entitlement... like my mother used to tell me when I threw a tantrum, 'Gimme died and get over it.'
    So flight is supposed to make it a fair fight?

Can you be attacking in flight? Yes
    Can you attack back in flight. No.

Can you heal in flight? No.
    Can you prepare yourself for a fight in flight? No.
    Can you escape a battle by flying on the top of a cliff? No (monster just walk on it).

Sorry, Flight is not overcompensating for all the missing stuff we don't have and cannot get in any way.
    When Tulga will give dragons some basic abilities usable in flight, then people can start argueing flight has a great combat usage. Right now, a saris with sprint has more chance to get away by running and healing at the same time.

And yes, what dragon can get, biped will get better. Adventuring and crafting. Like a dragon's only storage solution are big, expensive and time consuming rooms that take weeks to build, while a biped can get basic storage with structures that can take less than a day to build once you got the basic few levels.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Right now, a saris with sprint has more chance to get away by running and healing at the same time
    Uhm. Sorry. But different do dragon heals the biped heals can not be used in movment.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Can you heal in flight? No.
    Yup, you can if you cast any of the Breeze spells before taking flight.
    Can you escape a battle by flying on the top of a cliff? No (monster just walk on it).
    Yup, you can escape any battle by simply flying up. You don't need to land on any nearby cliff.

Dragoniade, you terribly overexaggerate and make all dragons look bad.

I never said to give dragons EVERYTHING bipeds have.

Yes, Yes, I know Flight is something Bipeds just aren't going to get.

But does that mean that Dragons should be screwed out of basic utilities (YES, I consider Resurrection as a Basic Utility. Deaths happen, they are Inevitable in a group)? Heck no.

I'm not even asking for all the different tiered Resurrections.

Just ONE, usable sometime Before Lv100 (when a dragon is mostly done adventuring Anyways!). Like, a Resurrection I at Lv50. That's, *gasp*, 35 levels later than a Biped gets the same spell.

I'm not asking for Multicast, Dwarven Invincibility, all of those nice AoE spells Bipeds can get, 4-5 Outright Healing (not HoT) spells that a Biped Can get per Tier (Honestly, I'd be happy with ONE Rejuvenate per Tier, let alone the 4+ Heals a Biped can get).

I'm not asking for Raise of Strength, Raise of Armor, etc spells. I'm not asking for Gift of (Stat) spells, I'm not asking for any of this crap.

What am I asking for?

ONE... count it..... ONE... ability at Lv50.

And a Minor one at that.

Face it, a Dragon at Lv50 getting a 100HP res that does not erase a DP, is NOT overpowering! You make it sound like this Resurrection is suddenly going to make dragons Invincible or Unbalanced in combat or something.

Wanna know what it would do? It would save Dragon Parties a lot of freaking Downtime should one of their members die. That's ALL it would do.

--Dhalin

Dhalin,

Some simple questions for you.
    What level is Resurrection 1?
    Can a Warrior cast Res?, a Mage?, a Monk?
    How many AoE damage spells do dragons get per tier?
    Whatis the earliest level a dragoncan begin Arop?

Are you prepared to let EVERY other class in the game have the same access to rez? example level 50 wizard rezing folks?

In my earlier post, I said:

1). 43% of Biped Classes can cast Rez I at Lv15+ (some can get it earlier I think)
    2). Biped Classes get Rez I at Lv15+
    3). I'm asking for a Dragon to get it at Lv50 (by that time, Bipeds probably have Rez II, or III)
    4). I said "Heck, make it Helian-Only, that way only 50% of dragons have it".
    5). Bipeds can switch Classes. Dragons cannot switch factions.

And lastly, Yes I would fully be accepting of Everyone having Rez I at Lv50. Everyone. Its a Basic Utility Spell that reduces Downtime. You still get DP, and you still have to Rez somewhere SAFE (otherwise the person dies again in 2 seconds if he gets hit, becuase he only has 100 HP after being Ressed).

Heck, if you want, add a 5 minute Death Penalty with Rez I that severely limits your stats. It would STILL save time and annoyance in the long run.

[Edit: An alternative idea, make the Rez spell take up, say, 5 Soul Shards, and give it to EVERYONE (all Biped Classes, All Biped Races, All Dragons). These Soul Shards are... not used in many quests as it is, and as far as I know, they are going to remove Ambrosia last I heard. So Soul Shards need a purpose in the game. Makes Sense to me. If you have 5 Soul Shards on you, you can cast some Rez spell that Everyone gets at Lv50. The Rez gives back 100 HP and adds a 5 minute Death Penalty that halves all stats during its Duration. Sounds fair to me.]

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr

Yup, you can if you cast any of the Breeze spells before taking flight.
    yes. BEFORE. not During. If the breeze runs (which is more likely considering it's a very mild spell range), you can't recast it unless you land. If you haven't been targeted by any caster or archered in the meanwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Yup, you can escape any battle by simply flying up. You don't need to land on any nearby cliff.

Dragoniade, you terribly overexaggerate and make all dragons look bad.
    And still be attacked by any ranged ennemies while you're unable to strike back. And even there, if there's actually a cliff next to it, the monster just got to 'step' on it to be back in range.

I'm not overexaggerating, you're simple selecting situation that make flight a marvel beating every other skills or excusing most of our sub-par stats and abilities.

Before saying that I make dragons look bad, look at yourself; your constant overgratification of dragon make bipeds look bad too.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Thread Information