Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Event Quest

Default Event Quest

Has anyone looted any additional fragments from the kwellen patrols after killing Draknor?

Just wondering whether the quest is working, whether it's broken, or whether the fragments haven't been added to the loot tables yet so there's no point collecting dps trying to get them.
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Default Re: Event Quest

Nothing yet as far as I can tell.

However, there are a few interesting things to keep in mind.

The second part say sto continue to kill Kwellen in search of new fragments. So, it stands to reason that we need to keep killing to further the quest, NOT hang back. ( remembers freeing fel ) And there is at least one kwellen that is very oddly rated for his HP and abilities. Keep looking for the lvl 92 with 13k HP. Keep up the pressure, KILL kwellens!
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

I have a feeling the second part is bugged.

Something was rumoured to have been hotfixed yesterday, but there's been no additional progress yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    Nothing yet as far as I can tell.

However, there are a few interesting things to keep in mind.

The second part say sto continue to kill Kwellen in search of new fragments. So, it stands to reason that we need to keep killing to further the quest, NOT hang back. ( remembers freeing fel ) And there is at least one kwellen that is very oddly rated for his HP and abilities. Keep looking for the lvl 92 with 13k HP. Keep up the pressure, KILL kwellens!
    The level 92 "odd" Kwellen was slain on Order this morning. Nothing on him. Zip. Nada. No advancement of the quest.

But when I logged off we were just about done with rebuilding the wood shop, so we'll see what happens when it's completed.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Wyrme Of Light

Aye i scouted the area on Order for over quite a long time there is only ONE levle 92 kwellen out there it has 13,000 plus HP and it it has one HELL of a can of Whop A$$! Hit me for 3300 damge with Crush XIII and droped me like a sack of potatos. When it was all over NADA! NOTHING! ZIP!

So is there any type of reward doin this event atm or is it just a long lengthy storl;ying thing that doesnt have much in the way of momentos?

So far as I've heard Doom, there's nothing because the quest hasn't been completed.

Putting an event live when it's not even completed. Brilliant.

When it is, I'm hoping for some type of emblem..

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

I don't know if our group was the first one on Unity, but i fell like i should post my findings about the latest event quest here. It does contain a bit spoiler elements, but nothing serious.

After hunting and killing Valkor, SoG and Reklar after the maintenance with a few different groups, Joaqim, Leonardo, Zeus and I felt like collecting some more deathpoints, so we decided to go after the event mobs. [H]After locating Daknor the Berserk, we engaged him, and this was the start of a pretty long fight. Here's a screenie of the battle:

I'm sorry for messing up the layout of the forum with this screenie, but it gives the idea. Also, i was just having a private conversation, hence the cencored chat-area [:)]

After a long time, and about 10 deathpoints per person, we got him down. I looted, and we all were a bit unpleased seeing only my quest got updated, but the people who helped killing the beast, did not get a questupdate. We tried trading the special hide Daknor dropped, unfortunatly it didn't trigger anything.

We diceded I should talk with Lord-Commander Jatell, since I was the only one assigned to do so via the quest-update. He gave me 200 silver, and told me this:

Well, i went back to the Burris the Imperial Scout, and he told me to gather some more fragments for the Commander.

That's how far I've got today, and I will continue tomorrow. I hope the second part isn't bugged as speculated above, and if we do find something, I will post it again.
    And as you see, you don't need 20 high lvl hunters to take it down [6]

Greetings and happy hunting,

Fidri Ragnir
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

A secound Chared scrap was found on Order tonight. It looks we must hunt him over and over to get the scraps. Of not more then 1 group can hunt him.

Fidri, not sure if you're aware of it but every person in the group has to loot Draknor. In the group I was in, everyone who looted him got the singed hide scrap and had their quest updated.

Deth, when you say a second charred scrap was found do you mean another group took down Draknor and got the same scrap? or they took down Draknor and got a different scrap? or they took down a different mob and got another scrap?

If it's the last one, then who is "him"? in:
    "It looks we must hunt him over and over to get the scraps"?
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    Fidri, not sure if you're aware of it but every person in the group has to loot Draknor. In the group I was in, everyone who looted him got the singed hide scrap and had their quest updated.
    No we weren't aware of this *sigh*, but that was exactly our guess after he was looted by just one group member[:P]

*wistles* the 10 DP per person was more the average value, I was finishing the fight without DP, as he allways lost interest on me afterattacking me a bitand prefered to kill another group member instead[:O]

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

One Person in our 2 groups killed him for the secound time and he/she got a new scrap. He/she had the 1st scrap. After taking him down for a secound time he/she got the charged scrap. From reading the secound quest you get, and the fact the person took both scraps back and got no up date on the secound quest. It looks like we must keep taking him down over and over again till we get all the scraps from him.

Only the third word on the Singed hide is open for debate, this is Chaos guess:

"Extend your reach north towards the town of Harro."
    "Leave nothing in your wake!"

I myself have been in on about 4 kills, no second scrap. Perhaps it is because we keep getting people in the group who need the first scrap still?

Out of close to 20 people only for 1 was this the second time. I think. At least this was they only one that spoke up that they got the new note. Also I think they had the first note on them at the time as they linked both notes. So maybe it is a quest trigger item you have to have on you to trigger the next note?

Quote Originally Posted by Dremora
    Putting an event live when it's not even completed. Brilliant.
    Just because nobody has completed the entire quest doesn't mean the quest is incomplete.

During the dryad liberation event this kind of puzzle was regarded as an interesting challenge, not a cause for wearing sackcloth and ashes to complain of the difficulty.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Agreed Klaus.

What gets me is the number of high level players, who after complaining loudly for new challenges, are the very same ones moaning about this event. ( having cake, eating cake, selling said cake on ebay... you get the picture )

Some newer, stronger kwellens were patched in it seems, or there is a progression for the intoduction of mobs that we didn't realize. There is a new scrap that has been found, so that shows that part 2 is NOT bugged. IF part 2 can be done, we now need to figure out what's needed to move to part 3.

Do we know for SURE that scraps never fall from the other kwellen?

Has the wood shop been rebuilt to see if it furthers the quest, or gets destroyed again?

Are you working on tactics to take out Daknor and all his buddies?

Are you killing the anchor as fast as possible?
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Let me apologize up front, because from the things that I have found out about this latest event has me highly irritated now, and I feel the need to express myself.

I am not going to judge the entirety of this event, as I have no idea what the end result of it is. However, this "collect information" part so far has me to the point of not even caring about the rest of the quest, and that's shocking even to myself when you consider how tolerant I am of most things. I can and have dealt with practically everything Istaria has thrown at me, as well as a large amount of you. Have we learned nothing from Valkor, Gigaroth, or Reklar? Do people not see that endlessly camping an enemy is *not* considered enjoyable by the masses? All that does is encourage and promote selfishness, as well as leave a ton of the other people out in the cold, at the mercy of those who happen to be around to kill the enemy at the time.

Where is the intelligence behind this quest? Things seemed to make so much sense in the very beginning...we kill Daknor, who just happens to have a piece of singed hide that doesn't even belong to him. There's a destroyed woodshop near his location...put them together...wood, singed hide...possibly a Kwellen's remains are in the rubble of the shop?

No? It's not there...ok, let's rebuild the shop and see if perhaps we can find something then. Hmm, that didn't work. No worries, Burris said to kill the prey on the patrols and search there. Killed tons of Kwellens...nothing.

What about that hide, what does it say? Something about spreading something north towards Harro. Let's search the area for clues. A torn down camp? Not there. Another leader-type enemy perhaps? Nope. Aha! There's an anchor just south of Burris! Perhaps something can found near that location, so let's take out the anchor and the guards. Great idea!! What did you find? Some silver and a few trophies.

What's that you say? Trophies? Hey!! Burris mentioned that he's collecting trophies too. Perhaps if you sell him a set, maybe he'll tell you something. Maybe he can get information from the body parts you bring him. Maybe he can...do something useful perhaps rather than just stand around with enemies walking right past him while he offers a blank stare and a wave to them. Give him those trophies and see! What happens? Nothing, just 5 silver and some change.

Countless other ideas and strategies are tossed around and tested, and what's the result? A few more deathpoints and more discouragement. Then...after all of that, we happen upon another group who is attempting to kill Daknor so they can reach the same part of the quest that we're on, and we offer our help. We stay in our small group while supporting them from the outside. Daknor eventually falls after a time, and what happens? One of our group members finds another piece of the hide that we've been scouring Istaria to find.

Perhaps no else feels this, but when I heard about that today, I was infuriated to no end. Heaven forbid that we actually use our minds here. No, instead we have to sit around, camping Daknor to find these mysterious parts when there were so many other options that could've been taken. So many other things to have Istarians do rather than pitch a tent and camp out near Daknor's location. To add fuel to the fire, now I hear a rumor (and I pray it's a rumor) that the only way to receive this other hide is if *everyone* in the group is on the same step? Please tell me I'm wrong, because that would just be so incredibly and inexcusably stupid. Way to isolate people on that one. I just don't understand how after all of these events, and all of the suggestions given, that we still have to endure a "quest" of killing the same enemy over and over and over and over again. The residents of Istaria are not mindless drones, so please stop using quest steps that put us in the situation where we have to act like one.
    Carinde "Demigoddess" Ryder
    Citizen of Order, Axe & Anvil Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Carinde
    To add fuel to the fire, now I hear a rumor (and I pray it's a rumor) that the only way to receive this other hide is if *everyone* in the group is on the same step? Please tell me I'm wrong, because that would just be so incredibly and inexcusably stupid.
    First Thanks to you Carinde and the others that helped my group in completing that first step Second No we were not all on the same step. I was on the First step and the one that got the second scrap drop was on the second quest. As I said earlier I think the key was he/she also still had the first scrap on their person. Did you happen to still have your scrap last night when you helped us?

Anytime Deth, glad to help out. Yes, I had the first piece on me as well, but I received nothing at the time. I was in a group who killed Daknor just a few moments ago, and also received nothing. No idea what the "trigger" is for it now.
    Carinde "Demigoddess" Ryder
    Citizen of Order, Axe & Anvil Guild

Thread Information