Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go Hmmm?

Default Things that make you go Hmmm?

With the concern with the server resource allocations one wonders about things like:

Why are Cobalt, Plat and Obsidian packed onFire island where no one will ever go to get it?

List other things y'all find that dont make sense, resource or mob location wise.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Fiko

Default Re: Things that make you go Hmmm?

Are you absolutely positive that it wasn't your first death???? Because those tutorials bubbles come up when you die for the first time!

Fish, the resource of fish, used for decoration in places where people drown trying to fish for them. Can't they use some non targetable better looking fish for decoration and stopluring innocent fishers to thier doom?

Fiko

*snicker* yes I'm absolutely positive it wasn't my first... happend on my 2nd and 3rd that day also
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Must I be warned every time my foot hits the water (with 2 bubbles, a red flashy arrow, and a blue box around where the breath remaining meter shows up) that I should get back on land because I can drown?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    Must I be warned every time my foot hits the water (with 2 bubbles, a red flashy arrow, and a blue box around where the breath remaining meter shows up) that I should get back on land because I can drown?
    Apparently so, because you keep going back into the water :P

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    Apparently so, because you keep going back into the water [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    Hahaha..... :D You made my day.

But yeah, I've been getting those intermittant tutorial bubbles too.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]C`gan wrote: Must I be warned every time my foot hits the water (with 2 bubbles, a red flashy arrow, and a blue box around where the breath remaining meter shows up) that I should get back on land because I can drown?<br />

Apparently so, because you keep going back into the water [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    Of course I keep going back into the water. There's this wonderful little stone area in Genevia where one of the streams begins, but there's a small spot between where it ends and the land begins where for a moment you're in the water if you don't jump JUST right. Not to mention all the times where in running the coast from Selen to the bridges, I literally run the coast, keeping one foot in water as much as possible to avoid beasties.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor

List other things y'all find that dont make sense, resource or mob location wise.
    The woodworking shop outside dalimond.

The front faces the road and the back faces the elm forest?

So gifted yeah? lol
    Fleshrend - Chaos Server
    94 Cleric 12 Warrior 10 monk 8 mage
    100 Blacksmith 100 Mason 91 tinkerer 100 Carpenter 100 Fitter 80 Scholar 73 spellcrafter 41 gatherer 49 Miner

Oh that reminds me... if you look very very closely at that shop, at lest the last time I was there you'd have 2 saws and 2 wood benches there. I'll have to look next time I'm over there.

Why does New Trismus have Smelter AND Anvil, Stonecutter AND Pedestal, but yet New Brommel does not? They are both Training Islands, right?

Or..

Why do we even HAVE 3 training islands in the first place? No quests ever send you there. Without exploring the list of Teleport Destinations, you'd never know they Exist, and that they are actually, Parallel Training Islands.... right?

Or..

How about that Lv25 Named Spider Huntress RIGHT outside of Kion (on the road, no less) mixed in with the Lv5 Forest Spiders. Shouldn't she be back in around the Lv15ish Forest Spider Breeders?

Or..

Why do people Insist on putting the most stuff in the most Lagged-Down towns' Consigners? You find all kinds of good TIII stuff in Augendell....but compared to say, Chiconis or Dralk, Augendell has 10x the lag Dralk/Chiconis have. I'd think the general Public would rather Sell/Buy at a Consigner that has far less Lag, so it doesn't take you a large amount of time to Teleport there, load up, and finally be able to walk to the Consigner (which can take a few minutes by itself) and then finally download all of those items...

Or..

What's up with the Loooong Sprawling Open areas that have No Mobs, No Plots, No Resources? If I were TG, I'd use that area, to pack in more Mobs/Plots/Resources/Towns/NPCs. Examples are Scorpion Island (the direct middle of it, there's a place with a few wisps, but if you go just south of that, or just north of that, you have this Huge open expanse that has... absolutely nothing). Or South-West of Bristugo (on the way to the Lapis Golems). There's a Looooooooooooooooong stretch as you walk down that road, where you don't see a Mob/Resource/Building for Miles.....just open flat grassland with the occaisonal tree.

Or..

What's up with the Ruxus Area South of Bristugo? If you go up the Mountain, you find Small Ruxus first, or Regular Ruxus (depending on which entrance you take to that ridge). But ask you go up the ridge, there is only one way to get to the top of that mountain (well, other than flying)... you find Tremendous Ruxus first.... you gotta fight through them to get to the WEAKER Large Ruxus in the back. Shouldn't they be arranged the other way around? Weaker Mobs before the Strong Ones?

Or..

That Road near Brandon's Shelf. Same thing, leaving the "Town" (or, shall I say, the entrance pad to the Valley of Repose), if you go South to Brandon's Shelf, and then you go West, you run into these mobs, in order:

Lv41-50 Grulets/Gruoks
    Lv50-60 Small/Regular Ice Beetles
    Lv50-60 Ice Pygmies/Ogres
    Lv41-50 Small/Regular Snow Beetles

Shouldn't you run into the Snow before the Ice, given the Ice is on the higher end of the Tier?

Lots of small little things like this, that don't make sense. Usually, as you leave town, you find the weakest mobs, and it slowly works up to the stronger ones. In this game, each Town has a "Tier", quite Understandable. Such as Dalimond/Chiconis being the TIII towns, Tazoon has lots of TIII mobs around it, Trandalar has TIII, Augendell has TIII, etc....

Just a few things I noticed, hehe.

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dhalin wrote: Why does New Trismus have Smelter AND Anvil, Stonecutter AND Pedestal, but yet New Brommel does not? They are both Training Islands, right?

Why do we even HAVE 3 training islands in the first place? No quests ever send you there. Without exploring the list of Teleport Destinations, you'd never know they Exist, and that they are actually, Parallel Training Islands.... right?

They should just delete the redundant islands. Or at least just remove them from the teleport lists. They are relics of when they expected this game to have a huge player base.
    I grew up in New Vassarak and I like to revisit at times.
    I strongly reject to deleting that place. It was the best and most beautifull starting isle. Leave it alone!
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

Well, the way that Spider is right now....its in amongst Lv5-10 mobs. Lv5-10 is a Newbie who just joined the game a day or two ago, who Just 'graduated' from New Trismus and is now stepping outside of Kion for the very first time.

Let's greet him by mauling him to death in 2 seconds by something he could never hope to kill!

That's why I said "shouldn't that be in with the Lv15 spiders?" That way, when they get Lv15, then they are not as wet-behind-the-ears, BUT, there's still danger. If you are hunting Lv15 spiders, a Lv25 named is STILL going to maul you to death in a few seconds unless you've got a pretty large group (if you did.... why... again... are you hunting Lv15 spiders?)

I never said "Let's have no danger". I only said Lv5-10 is a bit too low to throw a Lv25 mob at them. Then they shake their heads and go "What the..." and get discouraged.

With the Ruxus.... they ARE seperated into different areas. Small Ruxus are in their own camp, Ruxus are in their own camp, Large Ruxus are in their own Camp, and Tremendous Ruxus are in their own camp.

What the Problem is, IMHO, is that you CANNOT get to the Large Ruxus, Period (believe me, I SCOURED that mountain from ALL angles) without going through Tremendous Ruxus. Now, if they had a few Larges in amongst the Tremendous, I'd have no problems.... but they don't.

Oh, and there's a NAMED Tremendous Ruxus blocking your path to the bridge that leads to the Large Ruxus area. So, basically:

If you cannot handle Tremendous Ruxus, you Cannot fight the Large Ruxus south of Bristugo, period. End of Story. Unless, of course, you can fly, but if you are Lv30+ and did RoP, then you Should be able to take a Tremendous Ruxus.

Unless there's some sort of magical (or bugged) slope that you can climb that I didn't see. I tried every wall, every slope, I went around the Entire Dalimond Ridge Area, and as far as I can tell, the ONLY way to get to the Large Ruxus camp, is to go across both bridges (which requires you to go through the Tremendous ones). There is no other way.

--Dhalin

This is not a rant thread, this is not a whine thread, this thread is ONLY about things that make no sense in the distribution of system resources. PLEASE stay on topic and for the record you can find your large ruxus on Abandoned Island look there if your incapable of locating and reaching them elsewhere.

Tahrl

The empty cave under the Aroah's Leap port-in pad on Trandelar that used to hide a portal, but now is just... empty.

All you have to do is hit sprint, and run past them till they lose interest. It doesn't take long. Anyone can evade any creature (Short of something that roots you at a distance). You can also avoid them by careful maneuvering if you don't want to simply run right through them to your "Safe" area where you plan to sit for 6 hours killing the same creature till you level.
    Ahh, but there are times they do NOT lose interest. I've seen it happen. Do the ole "Sprint Through Mobs" and then have those mobs follow you CLEAR ACROSS THE CONTINEN and will not stop until you Die. I've seen it happen. I've had it happen to me. So no, this is Not safe. And I no longer view it as a viable means of reaching a camp, because I've died a few times from this.

--Dhalin

what 'continent' did they follow you across?

Two Examples: GF and I were on a quest involving Silver Golems. At the time I didn't know about the mountain path, and didn't think of trying to climb what appeared to be a sheer cliff face, so I took the road North of Chiconis. Along the way we met a Brighter Spider. I targeted it using /sne, and sure enough, it attacked us. I told her to Sprint, and Sprinted myself. I kept that same Spider Targeted... get this.....

It followed us Clear North, then Clear East, then Clear South. We never touched the spider with ANYTHING. It followed us Clear to the Silver Golem Area. Along the way we picked up a couple more spiders, and we got down to the Smelters, and there were golems in front of us. All in All, there were 5 spiders on us, and the Golems up ahead, there was no choice. I told her to recall, but she must have had a lag spike and the spiders killed her before she was able to Recall. I was able to recall myself... I had about 50 HP left. I swear that original spider followed us 1500+ meters, maybe 2K meters along that road. I know it was a Looong way becuase without Road Bonus, it took us 10+ minutes to walk there.

Example Number Two happened on Abandoned Isle. We were heading towards the Mountain path that takes you up into that frozen area. As predicted, the Ruxus (and later, the Large Ruxus) attacked us. Neither Myself, nor my Lv96 Druid Guildie touched these mobs, we hit sprint and kept going. We got to the Waterfall, and the Trail up the Mountain, and the Ruxus (as well as some Large Ruxus) were STILL following us and showing No signs of breaking off, at all. even the Guildie said "this is dang strange, they shoulda broken off...". He was forced to kill them all, becuase they just Would Not Stop.

So no, Sprinting Through mobs is Not safe.

I've had it happen a few other times too... but cannot remember the details as clearly as these two times.

--Dhalin

both are examples of persistent mobs... hardly 'across the continent' you do realize 2000m is about the distance from Chiconis to Bristugo? and I hate to tell you that your selecting the rare, isolated examples. Most definately sprinting will get you away from more than 95% of the mobs that agro you. Try it.

My main point, is that it is Not something you can rely upon, and it Will earn you DPs at the suckiest times. I've come to Avoid it Unless No Other Way existed.

All I'm saying, is that one shouldn't put Weaker Mobs out of reach, behind Stronger Mobs...like the Ruxus Example, not everyone knows to go to Abandoned Isle, heck not everyone can make it there. I'm saying they should either switch the Tremendous and Larges, OR, mix the Larges amongst the Tremendous. And the problem would be fixed, then and there.

--Dhalin

Isn't learning to evade as important as learning to fight?

Sprint, by itself, will *not* always save you. It does require a bit of timing. Also, Sprint is *most* effectively used when coupled with the road bonus, even if a road seems to be the *long way* around.

In your example, you obviously saw the spider before it "saw" you. Did you back off or simply walk by expecting it not to aggro like sand beetles do? Mobs have aggro "ranges" that you will learn from experience, and, no, they are not all the same.

Indigenous creatures of Istaria functions like their real life conterparts. Wolves travel in packs. Sucklngs and juveniles stay close to Mom and the higher level males guard the borders of the herd. They're mixed up. If you'd like something that tells you specifically "Welcome to the next level," you may not be using the correct gaming platform.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Thread Information