Thread: Attunment To Aedan

Orlac

Default Attunment To Aedan

I obtained this quest and am to steal life force from wolves. I have bagged at least 100 greymanes and nada. Am I supposed to do something with the bauble the quest giver handed me?

Default Re: Attunment To Aedan

I am unsure as to the definition of "Bauble."

This quest was bugged for a while. The first time I completed it, Geriax gave me an "attunement device" that looked like a red trophy marker. This does you no good.

Verify the quest status in your quest window. I had to get a WM to delete the completed quest, then delete the attunement device from my inventory, and redo the quest. Now I can port to Aedan.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Orlac
    I obtained this quest and am to steal life force from wolves. I have bagged at least 100 greymanes and nada. Am I supposed to do something with the bauble the quest giver handed me?
    Gerix's instructions are a bit misleading. You must slay 10 wolves of the same tier as your adventure rating. So, for example, if your adventure rating is 71 then you must slay 10 flame or fire wolves to "charge" the bauble, not greymanes.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

The small brown wolves at New Trismus work for this quest too. At least they did for my level 80-something dragon. [:)]

Now could somebody please tell me what the trick is with the sand ogres? I found the correct spot for the "camp" and quest updated to tell me to "find the attunement device". I've killed a ton of ogres and no joy. Is there another trigger spot I need to find or should I kill ogres for another hour or two?

I found the device further down the road from the two trees that form the camp (after killing a ton of sand ogres myself). Just trot further down the road til you get a message that you've found it.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

As an update, one of the February 17 Blight changes is that Greymane Wolves will now count toward the Aeden attunement quest, so it appears that the quest may have been borked from the get-go. Once this change goes live I would expect that slaying Greymane Wolves (regardless of the level of your character) will "charge" the device.

Thread Information