Thread: Daknor hunting... why?

Default Daknor hunting... why?

Well, it looks like what we hoped was not true IS true, that Daknor is just a slowdown measure until whatever is to happen with the current event gets completed.

May I make the suggestion to not frustrate your playerbase on purpose?

I say that because even the most staunch supporters of the even have basically this week, thrown up their hands and will most likey just kill dak one or 2 more times before totally giving up.

I am also at a loss to understand why you chose to remove the working woodshop by the thornwoods, by actually tricking us into rebuilding it, again! That could have been a funny addition to the event, if it was not so perverse in it's outcome.

Please understand, that I don't believe that every act we make needs to be rewarded. Some things we do should be a means to an end. However, with this current event, there are no clues, there is no progression, there is no purpose or reason. If what we did with the woodshop was a method to further the event, than some dialog should acknowledge that. As it is, we are all clueless and thus, just getting more frustrated, not entertained.

I fully expect now, that folks as a whole will lose interest, and be very cautious to rebuild anything that gets destroyed again. What ever your attempting with this event, ( unless it really was to irritate the players ) has backfired.

* waits quietly for this to be moved to rants, or deleted *
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Default Re: Daknor hunting... why?

Golly Aamer, this is precisely what Leviathan, Carinde, Flozzie and I (and likely a few others I've forgotten) have posted since the early days of this event, only to be met with scornful replies from you that we were all "whiners" that wanted to be "spoonfed" in this event.

Welcome to our worldview . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I feel the same way really I do not want the event handed to mne just a hint that hey you doing right or hey your barking up the wrong tree. A reply from the Commander of "What athird scrap now? This means nothing! Go back and find more!" for each scrap would would at least tell us the commander is meant to be blowing us off . Or the commander says "What more scraps? All you bring me is scraps go out and find me some leader that is directing this fight." So we know that we should be hunting deeper into the blight and not just on some red herring or something.

To take my current view 3 days after this event started would have been premature, as I stated then. I never used the words spoonfed nor did I state anyone was whining, although others did.

I even sent a PM to you to try and understand your side tant. And now that I have adjusted my view, and even started to agree with you, you feel the need to be petty and disparage me for not adopting your worldview sooner?

You got your way, you may very well be right, and yet your a poor winner...

JEEZE!
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    I never used the words spoonfed nor did I state anyone was whining, although others did.
    Oh really Aamer? Permit me to remind you of some of your responses to our observations, will you?

In this thread you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aamer
    *ANY* MMORPG game you play, has strong boss mobs that require assistance, tactics, and cooperation. To want anything less that that means you want it handed to you.
    In this thread you said:
    Try some patience and try to take part NOT just complain in an effort to make it easier for YOU.
    And in this threadyou said:
    To me, ( and possibly others ) this does just sound like whining.
    Please do pardon me for "misinterpreting" your responses to our posts about the very thing you "whine" about now, won't you?

And now that I have adjusted my view, and even started to agree with you, you feel the need to be petty and disparage me for not adopting your worldview sooner?
    Oh, and please do remind me who it was that went round giving ZERO stars (on the petty thread "rating system") to each post that posited infirmities with the current event . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Geez.... both of you CHILL OUT... It's supposed to be a GAME :D

I can see both of your points of views, personally I feel as Aamer did originally, just a few days wass NOT enough time to fully see how bjorked a given event is. They might have noticed a bug and then hot patched in something, or we REALLY might have missed something. But after my 8th DP, I went ahead and hung up my Draknor bashing to move onto something more productive and fun for my time, grinding crafting :) Tant, for a lot of folks, they have to see it themselves to be convinced. Aamer is just one of those people, it comes with the optimist thing. It also means when they come down they crash pretty hard. It's becoming more obvious that there is some disjoint in how they perceived we would do this quest, and how this quest is actually going. No clues is VERY frustrating. We have no idea if it's even a FUNCTIONAL quest. Yes, it was said by a dev that all the parts are in.... but we have no idea if all the parts are WORKING.

I personally gave up on flawless patches/quests a long while ago. QA is NOT a HZ strong suit, it never has been. Heck... take a look at every patch note since launch, and it's history, omissions, incorrect information, mispatches, and flat out oddity... As a Software Engineer, QA team lead, and project manager over the years, you can tell a lot from the patch notes. I keep pointing out the silly Spirit Punch example, but all it would have taken to test the changes is to log in a test SpiritD character and PRESS the hotkey, it took like 4 blight->live cycles to get it in and working. I take it as is, if something seems broken, I leave it alone, it likely IS broken. This leads to less stress for me. Hey, it's a game, I still play for fun.

-HratLi's Player

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

You've summarised it pretty well Hratli. I'm another of the optimists who originally tried being positive about the event. I've been driven to the brink of outright frustration and almost do not care anymore.

I've resigned myself to helping when people want assistance with Daknor, but I am no longer actively pursuing him. There's no obvious reason why I should. Eventually he'll reach Harro and the people in Harro will want assistance if they want to reach their plots. I'll help when they ask, but I won't go out of my way to stop Daknor before he gets there.

If we were thrown a bone, a hint of what we should be doing (since it's obvious we're not doing something right unless the event is glitched), then I'll maybe resume interest. Otherwise I'm sitting it out except when asked to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    If we were thrown a bone, a hint of what we should be doing (since it's obvious we're not doing something right unless the event is glitched), then I'll maybe resume interest. Otherwise I'm sitting it out except when asked to help.
    Today on Order, David Bowman showed up in the Dragon channel (as well as New Player and MarketPlace), and directly asked whether there were any "significant issues" that he should be aware of. Among other questions, he was asked if the event quest was bugged since no one on any server had (a) fetched more than the third hide, and thus (b) advanced the current event quest. Unfortunately, David completely ignored the question (though it was pressed several times) and instead answered a couple of softball questions about the placement of wells, and then logged.

I was . . . disappointed . . . .

Based on the clues that have been gleaned, maybe people should stop going after Daknor, but going to places that the clues mention, and then search them for mobs not normally there (especially Kwellens). Just a thought...

We've been trying, some a LOT more than others :)

I and many have been hunting the spiritous swamp, and Old Oaks. I personally went on a whirlwind tour through the eastern deads going from the southern entrance, on up through to the main entrance NE of Harro, killing everything that came my way over the course of many hours. Didn't see a thing out of the ordinary.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Since you feel it important to keep me in my place Tantalyr, I guess I will just have to adopt your view, and even though I can't agree with it, I'll have to become your yes man to get you to leave me alone.

This is the last time I use your name in a post, and will from now on simply agree with everything you say, because it will generate less stress on the boards and for me.

What is your wish master?

HratLi, check your pm's

Thread Information