Page 21 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Dragon art here!

Default Re: Post your Dragon art here!

absolutley love it rune! that's always my problem with pics, i never can be bothered to shade them so I love yours
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    Much better than my sketches. Not that that's particularly hard to manage.

Are you planning on finishing that? You can see the rest of the dragon but none of it has shading yet.
    I might, depends on available time.

Too lazy to upload other stuff so..

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m.../kyirandom.jpg

Bunch of random doodles of my char

Old drawing though, and my style now differs a little :P

I absolutely love them Kyirra, there's something so... full of life about them!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

very nice kyirra!

Great sketches! I love sketches.

Oh yes... the skywurm is teh awesome! I had to get him too as soon as he came out. But I haven't gotten around to doing anything special with the dynamic wings yet... just alot of work in the materials room trying to get the textures to perform how I want them to. I don't much like how the scales on the shoulders come out, they look a bit too much like a net. Maybe I'll go into gimp someday and rework it if I'm feeling really ambitious. Here's one I threw together after playing with the texture nodes.

This is an approximation of the Dragon Cave black dragon I made with the good ol' Milennium Dragon.

When I see the skywyrm dragom it remdinds me always of teh movie "Regin of Fire"

My gawd, I love those renders, I wish my PC was not so crappy.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Those are very neat renders, Ashuran! How do those work? The base dragon model is offered, and then you can customize the textures/colors? I am completely clueless when it comes to rendering things.

I've been drawing a lot of dragons lately! But I don't want to spam the forums with images. Anyone that is bored is welcome to peek at my gallery.
    http://nambroth.deviantart.com/gallery/

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

wowsers...!! nambroth your artwork is amazing - i especially love those feathers O.O

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

wow so excellent!! all those pix (forgive me, but especially ash!), the draggys look alive!! i thought at first, someone had found some new species!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Ashuran, that is amazing! It looks so real, the head-shapes and colours are incredible!
    *fave*

Quote Originally Posted by Nambroth View Post
    Those are very neat renders, Ashuran! How do those work? The base dragon model is offered, and then you can customize the textures/colors? I am completely clueless when it comes to rendering things.

I've been drawing a lot of dragons lately! But I don't want to spam the forums with images. Anyone that is bored is welcome to peek at my gallery.
    http://nambroth.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Thanks, I am always in awe of your work... have to get you to artify Ashuran one of these days.

Yes, a base model is offered, and you can use the textures that come with it or you can modify them, like I do... or make your own textures entirely. With your painting skills I bet you could make great textures, and people would buy them. It is alot of work, though. You can also morph them or modify them with other programs like zbrush, it's fun to alter them until they are no longer very recognizable.

Like would you believe I used a female model for this? lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Raptile View Post
    Ashuran, that is amazing! It looks so real, the head-shapes and colours are incredible!
    *fave*
    'Fraid I can't take much credit for the head shape on the skywurm, it's not very customizable so I tweaked it only slightly. The other one is the Milennium dragon though and I spend some time making individual characters out of him rather than just leaving him default.

Thanks everyone and keep showing me your beautimous and creative artworks. Making me inspired, hehe...
    Last edited by Ashuran; September 1st, 2008 at 07:23 PM.

amazing, Ashuran. Keep up the good work

poser or you model using maya/3ds? textures look good. can I do some eyeball textures for you? >.>

not thoroughly dragon related but you can see my space of really random things and work from school, including my eyeball texture after learning how to do them: http://runedragoon.deviantart.com/

Poser... my 3d modeling skills are... rudimentary at best. But when I do try my hand at it I use amapi.

Very nice eyeball btw. That bumpy texture would probably look better on the eyewhite than on the cornea though. Bumpy corneas would cause...visual problems I'd imagine. Nice refraction on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashuran View Post
    Poser... my 3d modeling skills are... rudimentary at best. But when I do try my hand at it I use amapi.

Very nice eyeball btw. That bumpy texture would probably look better on the eyewhite than on the cornea though. Bumpy corneas would cause...visual problems I'd imagine. Nice refraction on it too.
    the bump in the reflection is actually incorporated into it... so wherever it shines it will appear to have a little bit of bump as most eyeballs are not 100% smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    When I see the skywyrm dragom it remdinds me always of teh movie "Regin of Fire"

My gawd, I love those renders, I wish my PC was not so crappy.
    I remember rendering some tutorial raytrace on an old Atari St... how long did it take to render? 2 DAYS!! Arrghh... just as well we didn't have a power cut, and it was only 320x240.

Ashuran those renders are awesome... I want to find one of those in my garden, although it would scare the nuts off me.

Nambroth ... I often find myself browsing your gallery anyway when I time out. It's awesome!

I wish I could do some kind of art. *fail*

Rakku

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post

I wish I could do some kind of art. *fail*

Rakku
    I do like your pictures they are really good.

I'd love to be able to do things like that, Ashuran... but that kind of program isn't particularly free, is it?

And Nambroth, thanks for linking your gallery. I love browsing your art.
    <----clicky!

Nae, unfortunately... it can be a very expensive hobby. But... if you have time and patience to do some digging, there are lots of free resources out there... DAZ Studio works alot like Poser, but is free. Blender is also free but is for Unix I think, might bear looking up. And just about all of the sites which sell models and textures also have alot of free models and textures available... and alot of neat stuff can be done with them if one has the creativity, and especially if one has some skill with Photoshop (or Gimp in my case lol)

ArtZone tends to put alot of its models etc. up for free at first, and then raise the price later, so if you're there at the right time you can get some pretty neat stuff. Base models (like the Milennium Dragon) also often go for free or cheaply occasionally too... they want you to have them, so you're encouraged to buy all the accessories that go with them.

Thread Information