Page 42 of 77 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Dragon art here!

Default Re: Post your Dragon art here!

ooh wowsers, i love the coloring, brings out some of the more subtle touches i missed in the ink drawing!
    one thing i'd suggest, is to use an istarian forest or maybe a drawn forest for the background - where arborinthian would look more part of the same world. the contrast against the [photo?] struck me as a little odd.
    really cool, though!!

Ahh such beautiful stuff everyone... after having my computer crash on me again and not being able to play, it improves my mood to see it.

I'm working on a series of adoptables for squiby based on Istarian type dragons... it's going to take awhile but if it works the way I want it to I'll be able to emulate most breeds and marking types, but scale types are probably too fine a detail to reproduce with any fidelity... also I can't guarantee how good a match the colors will be... but as an example I present this one.

It's supposed to be Malendryn, because he's got the most complicated pattern for that particular head type that I could remember off the top of my head. Other than mine... which I haven't gotten to look quite how I want it yet. Not sure if I got his eye color correct though, haven't seen him play in a long time.

I really like that Ash

Here's a new one from me

Random Red meets Me

Kinda wish I'd drawn it larger. The original canvas was 1200x1200 px but I only drew on a small cornner of it :| Ah well Im happy with it

Wow! That's awesome work Ashuran

wow thats great ash!! you to T hehe i love the dragons expression like.. excuse me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashuran View Post
    Ahh such beautiful stuff everyone... after having my computer crash on me again and not being able to play, it improves my mood to see it.

I'm working on a series of adoptables for squiby based on Istarian type dragons... it's going to take awhile but if it works the way I want it to I'll be able to emulate most breeds and marking types, but scale types are probably too fine a detail to reproduce with any fidelity... also I can't guarantee how good a match the colors will be... but as an example I present this one.

It's supposed to be Malendryn, because he's got the most complicated pattern for that particular head type that I could remember off the top of my head. Other than mine... which I haven't gotten to look quite how I want it yet. Not sure if I got his eye color correct though, haven't seen him play in a long time.
    Gahh, I miss Malendryn. :C

That's very creative. <3

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

A character of mine, the wyvern Maximus. Part of a refsheet. It's still a work in progress, though it took me like, forever to do ;_;

wonderful Zex- breathtaking:-))
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

You guys all are so good lol. All of yours are better then mine lol.

Just a sketch I did. Was supposed to be my hatchling character but it doesnt really look like a hatchling to me so I guess it's her as an adult lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Veya View Post
    Gahh, I miss Malendryn. :C

That's very creative. <3
    Quoted for emphasis

and that was a very nice piece of work, I hope you would have more of those ^^

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Hiyas just a new post from me ^^ this is my first picture i have ever done Lineless. and im pretty proud of it. its for a friend of mine in an art trade we are doing the dragons is Ariadona of the Order Shard.

Smile Re: Post your Dragon art here!

Wonderful, amazing- grats Aqua!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I needed to stay awake, so I decided to experiment a little with the dragon model just to see what I could get out of it. Sitting did not work out too well, unfortunately. It is those darn big floopy hind feet. They just don't go anywhere that looks "natural". See the attached link at the bottom if you want to see.

Anyway, I started playing around some more and ended up working with expressions. Some of these could work pretty well as emotes. I'll have to get our character artist playing around with some once we get some breathing room in assignments. The smile and sad faces probably won't work in the game as you see them, unfortunately. I had to "unhinge" the jaw to get it to curl the corners of the mouth correctly and I don't think that the client will like that one bit. We would have to test to see how they would look on the other head models too. They are not in the file I was working with so I could not change them out to see.

So for your amusement, I present a bunch of dragon facial expressions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Even if the canid sit doesn't quite look natural, I still think it looks pretty good. Not much worse than the extremely sprawled hindlegs of the current dragon "sit", imo. It'd be nice to see in-game.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I had to really tweak and bend the model in ways that it just did not want to go to get that position. Something like that position might work but it might not. There would be a good chance of the hind legs turning inside out going from standing to sitting. It will be an interesting experiment to see if we can get it to work. If it does, maybe we could replace the original animation if players were agreeable to it. And make the original a /emote option. Call it /bellyflop.

That is amazing! Would you be able to animate those?

Oh, I have a proposition for the sit, perhaps, if you like.

The "sit" position reminds me too much of a dog with an itchy bum.

I think a lounging or squatting position might work out better.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Geeze! Tons of new emotes could be done out of this.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    I needed to stay awake, so I decided to experiment a little with the dragon model just to see what I could get out of it. Sitting did not work out too well, unfortunately. It is those darn big floopy hind feet. They just don't go anywhere that looks "natural". See the attached link at the bottom if you want to see.

Anyway, I started playing around some more and ended up working with expressions. Some of these could work pretty well as emotes. I'll have to get our character artist playing around with some once we get some breathing room in assignments. The smile and sad faces probably won't work in the game as you see them, unfortunately. I had to "unhinge" the jaw to get it to curl the corners of the mouth correctly and I don't think that the client will like that one bit. We would have to test to see how they would look on the other head models too. They are not in the file I was working with so I could not change them out to see.

So for your amusement, I present a bunch of dragon facial expressions.
    Wow an excellent piece of work! Nice one!

The expressions look great, although if you used them ingame I fear they'd have to be animated to be useful. For example the current fallasleepstartle one. So if one of yours was called "surprised" you'd animate that and then return to the normal face. It would be odd if that expression was fixed until you used another, although some like the happy and sad faces could be fixed.

I see what you mean about the sitting position too. It reminds me of a rabbit sitting there, especially with the big floppy feet. Just a bigger, scaly, winged, long tailed bunny rabbit...

I still like the end result though! I also agree with Steelclaws 'itchy bum' comparison, having been a dog owner in the past. I'd be interested in seeing how a lounging position would turn out.

Rakku

Thread Information