Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Dragon art here!

Default Re: Post your Dragon art here!

the scales look so pretty shiney and realistic!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

A little pet project I've started, for promotional stuff for my novel...

Pretty nice. As a modeler I reccomend cutting your model in half and working on half of it, when the model is done and UV mapped (If you texture that way) then you mirror it and the model is done in half the work (literally I guess... lol).

Artworks will resume soon for I...

For a rarity, I'll post something...

Though not entirely my art because I'm using models I dug out of the game files, I figured that I might post this one up where everyone can see.

The dragon is using the textures from the original game box. And the woman leaning up against his leg is Mia, recently rescued from oblivion from the game archives. Forgive the lousy looking ferns in the foreground, someday I might dig out some more of the foliage from this area and scatter them about.

*jaw drops to floor* SOLITAIRE!!! wow!!!!! thats amazing *saves it and places as her desktop*

Woah Solitaire! How'd you do that!? Thats AMAZING!
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

Fairly simple, actually. The hardest part was getting the poses right. Took a screen shot and applied it to a semi-circular object as a backdrop. Used the in game grass texture and put it on a plane for the ground and gave the ground some bumps. Created a bump map for the dragon to make the scales have a more 3D look. Mia has a bump map too, but she is so small you can't see it. Threw in some lights and there you have it. Spent more time tinkering than I actually did in setting it up in the first place. What really made it look good was when I did a "smooth" on the models and greatly increased the geometry in them. Overall, I'm happy and kind of surprised at how it looks.

I do have to give full credit to the original artists who made the models and textures, whomever they may be.

*doesnt understand half the things Sol just said* but... may i ask for more of your work please

There really is not anything else I can show. That picture was purely an impulse thing that I did for fun and distraction. There will be other things to look at soon enough, but they will be in the game to see. I will probably attempt something in the future, but when and what it will be about I don't know.

Very well done, Solitaire

This one is really nice Solitaire.
    Is the Dragon's position an in-game (unused?) animation or was it just worked for the screenshot?
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Yeah, I'm only building the one half - I just mirrored it for show here

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    Pretty nice. As a modeler I reccomend cutting your model in half and working on half of it, when the model is done and UV mapped (If you texture that way) then you mirror it and the model is done in half the work (literally I guess... lol).

Artworks will resume soon for I...

Bah that needs to be a offical wallpaper because of awesomeness! *saves it and puts it on desktop*

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    There really is not anything else I can show. That picture was purely an impulse thing that I did for fun and distraction. There will be other things to look at soon enough, but they will be in the game to see. I will probably attempt something in the future, but when and what it will be about I don't know.
    i cant wait thanks for sharing

*drools* O.o;

Solitaire, get off our planet please. No aliens allowed! XD

Honestly though, that is wow. I looked at it and my eyes popped out. Well not really... I think I'd have to claim insurance if you popped my eyes out, but wow! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. XD

...woooooooooooooooooooooow.

*clings onto your leg* Take me as your studeeent, O' Great and Mighty Alien!

X3

~Galde
    Last edited by Galdethriel; April 4th, 2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Spellcheck of epic win :D

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Is the Dragon's position an in-game (unused?) animation or was it just worked for the screenshot?
    That is a unique pose for the image. What you can't see is the dragon's right hind leg sticking straight down through the ground in a standing position. Since it was not visible, I did not bother to pose it.

I'm unsure if I would be able to export an animation based up on this and have it look natural. For one, I have a lot to learn about fluid animation. And second, the in game model probably would not handle some of the movements well. The tail is curled around almost 180 degrees and it only has 3 "bones" in it (think shoulder-elbow-wrist). If I exported it, you would probably see 3 sharp bends at base, mid and near the end but when I applied a "smooth" to the model in Maya it nicely rounded out and looks natural. There is a lot of geometry (or resolution for those that don't know modeling) in that dragon. I think it has enough to equal about half of Tazoon. Exporting that version of the model to the game would almost certainly result in a dragon becoming a real "Lag-Zilla".

OMG Solitaire- this is wonderful!
    It really deserves to become an official poster.
    I need this on my wall!!!!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    That is a unique pose for the image. What you can't see is the dragon's right hind leg sticking straight down through the ground in a standing position. Since it was not visible, I did not bother to pose it.

I'm unsure if I would be able to export an animation based up on this and have it look natural. For one, I have a lot to learn about fluid animation. And second, the in game model probably would not handle some of the movements well. The tail is curled around almost 180 degrees and it only has 3 "bones" in it (think shoulder-elbow-wrist). If I exported it, you would probably see 3 sharp bends at base, mid and near the end but when I applied a "smooth" to the model in Maya it nicely rounded out and looks natural. There is a lot of geometry (or resolution for those that don't know modeling) in that dragon. I think it has enough to equal about half of Tazoon. Exporting that version of the model to the game would almost certainly result in a dragon becoming a real "Lag-Zilla".
    Thanks for your answer.
    Too bad, such an animation would have made a nice emote.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    It really deserves to become an official poster.
    I second this: this should be added to the Istaria Gear of CafePress with a real poster size, not a mini one. Same for the Vintage Promo Poster.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Wow, Solitaire, that is truly amazing! I love it.

Yah, looks amazing. But wouln't it look even better if the dragon was biting the head of the lesser, or frying it? Now THAT would have made a great poster....

Thread Information