Thread: Wierd ideas for future MMORPG enhancements

Default Wierd ideas for future MMORPG enhancements

Let's start a discussion of what you would like to see, or could conceptualize adding to existing MMORPGs to place them into the "next generation"

The imfamous "Leeeroy Jenkins" video from WoW lead me to think...

If you could "write in" your own "team speak or Ventrilio" software into your MMORPG and make the mouths move as you speak through the microphone, and have an "adjuster" panel to disguise your voice, making it more "elf" or "dragon" like based on the character you are playing.

I have no idea what overhead that would cause, but we are talking "future" MMORPGs and what would be neat "additions" in a whole.

Perhaps it's not a hardware addition, but a software one, people are wanting destructable environments (like half life) or the life like mannequin looking rag doll effect when your body freely has limbs and body bending and flailing when it's struck.

Or.... how about support for multi monitors? have that 180 degree view (and maybe even a back monitor or Picture in Picture support for a rear-view (Is that monster still chasing me as I have 10 health and are running away).
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default Re: Wierd ideas for future MMORPG enhancements

This was devloped in 1999 and released in 2000
    I'd love to see this approach used to deliver an online game. I don't know if would even be possible. The file is 64k and a .exe I happened acrossthis years ago and this post reminded me of it. Perhaps some have heard or even seen the 64k movie??

Keep in mind while it's playing, that is if you choose to check it out, that it's only a 64k file.

http://scene.org/file.php?id=111592

I'm using this particular example because of the huge amount of space and the giant downloads required in todays games. Is it really necessary to have so much client side??

Default Re: Wierd ideas for future MMORPG enhancements

They have adlibs for "The Movies". I was just thinking of this as well.

While playing HZ, 90% of my guild used team speak. Now if they can just make our lips move...

Thread Information