Thread: Feed back on the slew of hotfixes.

Default Feed back on the slew of hotfixes.

After the 14th patch things really started to look like good progress was being made in increasing the performance of the client.

Then a few reported the "whiteout", "orangeout", or otherwise missing world textures.

Next a series of hotfixes were applied that seem to have fixed the missing textures issue,

BUT...

Has really taken 3-4 huge steps back towards an even MORE unstable client, with worse performance than what we were seeing before the 14th. I don't know what happened, I don't know why extra hotfixes were applied AFTER the "fix" for the missing world problem.

Could someone please explain it for us? Will we be getting the improvements we saw before sometime soon?
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Default Re: Feed back on the slew of hotfixes.

I'm not seeing more unstable, but they really should release notes that a client was patched each time.. people seem to think its a patcher problem

From my count, they did hotfix at least 3 times in one day, as each time the build number changed.

There is now much more "hitching" than before, for both my wife and I, and fps which had become very smooth around 30+fps for me, has dropped back to 5-6, even in the country side. Porting will degrade my performance much faster than it ever did before.

Maybe after tuesday's maint. things will improve.Waiting to see.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

It's possible they rolled the code back, until they fix the missing textures.

But for awhile I really did see a marked improvement. They are making real progress, and getting close to a faster more stable client. Give them a month to iron out the bugs on blight. If everyone who ran into missing secions of terrain reported the co-ords on a ticket, perhaps it will be all fixed in time for next patch.

Do we get a patch this week?

Having a public revision history or a good patch note history would be WONDERFUL. As is, there are dozens of changes in the BUGS forums marked as 'fixed' that have never appeared in the patch notes. I know I have had half a dozen ticket issues resolved that were pushed to live, but no mention ever of them to anyone.

It would really help Blight be a real test server if they knew what changed and what should be looked at.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Thread Information