Thread: Static Aura I

Default Static Aura I

This overwrites absolutely everything I have, and others have.

Ranged flurry III
    energize II
    demon flurry
    melee flurry III
    unbridled energy

One storm dispicle was able to destroy the offense of an entire group.. this isn't right.
    When using ranged flurry, I would overwrite static aura, but it'd come right back in 5s or so and wipe it out again.

Default Re: Static Aura I

It is designed to overwrite Energize 2 and Unbridled Energy as they are lower level abilities. Ranged Flurry and Melee Flurry are both received at the same level (90) as Static Aura so they are all equal (in terms of weight).

Demon Flurry was modified in the latest blight patch to overwrite energize, but will still be overwritten by the higher level flurries.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Since static aura constantly refreshes, wouldn't it be better for it to get overwritten by much much much stronger abilities? One storm dis was able to completely destroy a daknor group by not turn it off.

i still recall my fustration the day they changed the group buffs to work in this manner. (long duration, constantly refreshing, ie no strategy or timing required) not to mention all the stackability issues that still pop up...
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

static aura compared to melee flurry is silly static aura decreases delay by -15% but melee flurry etc give extra damage let melee flurry overwrite static aura like stand against darkness overwrites aura of light..also a weird thing is me as a paladin after fighting daknor with a storm dis in the squad gained the full static aura abiltiy as in the one that lasts an hour and refreshes

Thread Information