Thread: "You can't loot this corpse...."

Default "You can't loot this corpse...."

I popped in for about half an hour yesterday, just running around in the Eastern blight. Out of perhaps 9 kills I got 'you can't loot this corpse on two of them. Was it just my bad luck or is it worse since the last patch? USUALLY the corpses just dissapear after they give me XP before I can loot them.

I tried running away and back, no luck.

-HratLi

How were you killing them? Were you in a group?

Nope, By myself. Solo, I usually don't even start a group with only myself in it. I kill them by bashing them with a 'Brick-on-a-Stick (tm)'. They die, and every once in a while they dissapear, almost looks like they fly away really really fast. But lately they just sit there, and taunt me by not letting me loot them.

-HratLi

Very odd, that hasn't happened to me in a long time.. pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    Very odd, that hasn't happened to me in a long time.. pretty rare.
    I guess I am just lucky. It happens to me 2-3 times a night If I'm hunting all night, I only seem to notice it when hunting blights/kwellen/vexes in the eastern deads. Sometimes in the middle of a fight the blights or Kwellen will suddenly go "OOps! I left a pot on the stove!" and run off post haste as well.

-HratLi

For most types of blights this happens to me about 1 out of 5. Worst are elite blights there i often cant even loot half of them.
    Other undeads sometimes even disspawn before death.

This seems to happen to me alot if i use goldrage and they die before they get a hit in on me. They just go poof and disappear....
    This space for sale or rent. PST for pricing.

Actually, I think the disappearing corpses are still due to a social AI bug, where the mobs despawn in seconds or less. This happens all the time on wolves, spiders, undead, etc, but never on golems.
    I have seen the not able to loot bug, but its very rare for me at least.

Since I can't really one hit anything at all, not really able to check that theory.

If mobs donnt get killed by a palyer, the next palyer who kills the mob later is sometimes not allowed to loot. Happens realy often with rezzed outpost mobs.

Thread Information