Thread: Gold Burst

Default Gold Burst

Ok so I've been thinking some more about gold burst. I'm going to keep calling it that since I don't have any other name for it. That would be the primal equivalent to Gold Rage.

My suggestion about the ability is that instead of this being another wackum damage type ability why not make it a heal? Dragons are actually lacking in that one area having only a single targetable heal that's on a rather long timer. If we wanted to make it a little more interesting why not make it a targetable Refreshing Breeze ability.

Now before everyone jumps on me I'd like you to keep in mind that dragons have 3 multistrike type abilities (Ravage, Silver Strike, Gold Rage) so it would not be unresonable to have a 3rd heal.

As a Helian spellcaster type dragon I just don't see the need for another big numbers type of attack. I think it also makes sense if you link the timers between GR and GB. You have to decide wether you are going to damage something or heal. I also think it would be more valuable to a dragon tooth and clawer type than a new primal attack would be.

The ability is done just waiting on design time basically to do the quest and such to add it in. At least that was the word last seen months and months ago on the Blight boards. You can still find it as not much goes on there and I bump it from time to time asking about it.

It is not a multi-attack but a fast refreshing single target ranged attack. The reason I would like to see it stay an attack is that Gold Rage, Silver Strike, Ravage are all T&C based attacks. As one of the few Caster focus I put no TP nor tech my scales for T&C and would like at least one Primal based attack on par with those 3 T&C based attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    The ability is done just waiting on design time basically to do the quest and such to add it in. At least that was the word last seen months and months ago on the Blight boards. You can still find it as not much goes on there and I bump it from time to time asking about it.

It is not a multi-attack but a fast refreshing single target ranged attack. The reason I would like to see it stay an attack is that Gold Rage, Silver Strike, Ravage are all T&C based attacks. As one of the few Caster focus I put no TP nor tech my scales for T&C and would like at least one Primal based attack on par with those 3 T&C based attacks.
    That's what I thought too. So last night I asked Amon if they had decided on it and his answer was? No. I've not received a more clear answer any other time I've asked about it and I've asked a lot. Even told him I was making a suggestion today on the subject.

Ah well thanks for that info. Glad they answer some where still hate the fact most only get such answers when some one things to say something like this on the boards.

But back on topic. Well my vote still goes for it to be a primal based attack. I wish they would add more Primal based spells. Even a single group based AOE heal would be nice and I do not think would over power us but that is the life of a hybrid few of either type ability.

Ah well thanks for that info. Glad they answer some where still hate the fact most only get such answers when some one things to say something like this on the boards.

But back on topic. Well my vote still goes for it to be a primal based attack. I wish they would add more Primal based spells. Even a single group based AOE heal would be nice and I do not think would over power us but that is the life of a hybrid few of either type ability.
    I think at some point since it was proposed I've bugged every single TG employee about GB. I'm going to keep asking until we get it or someone tells me to stop

Well I suspect that it's easier to add a spell than an ability. My thoughts on a big ticket primal type attack is that I'd rather have an epic spell than a hoard ability. Something with sufficiently high base primal requirements that only a spell slinger would be able to cast it.

Since we only have one class our abilities should be usable by any dragon. Even though my GR is weak I still use it from time to time.

Oh I use it to. It woul dbe nice to have something a little more primal based. But I guess I should be happy with my better then average Spiked Scales damage and heals. So I may not kill as fast as a T&C dragon but I can last longer. I just need to get around and finaly give up on my power scales and make some armour scales.

Oh I use it to. It woul dbe nice to have something a little more primal based. But I guess I should be happy with my better then average Spiked Scales damage and heals. So I may not kill as fast as a T&C dragon but I can last longer. I just need to get around and finaly give up on my power scales and make some armour scales.
    A T&C dragon getting mobbed by a group doesn't kill as fast as I do. Spiked scales does a lot of damage and power adds to our breath attack damage. I gave up on a pure set of power scales a long time ago. I have a strange mix now of armour, power and just recently added a focus scale. Primal damage when you have power that's north of 1700 and primal over 1500 is impressive though. The flexibility of the caster dragon is the main reason that I don't think we need another attack.

Default Re: Gold Burst

Dear horizons devs, any news about gold burst ?

Thumbs up Re: Gold Burst

What we realy need is not a bandaid Goldburst but new Adv Schools.

Dragon Adv School is ugly. It's like if all peds had to be like a Storm Disciple.
    I say this becouse to me primal is alot like Nature Skill only not as use full and T&C is like unarmed combat. Hell Monks and Dragons got wraps and claws at the same time even lol. And Hell Monks get better Evasion. But we get better armor most times so it kind of balances out.

What they realy need to do is open Monk and Caster Schools to Dragons.

Make one quest I dont even care how hard it is for peds to do but make one quest that any ped race and do to gain flying now we even.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Ahhhhhh! I thought this thread was long dead. Didn't intend that last part to rhyme.

The thing with Gold Burst and new adventure schools is that Gold Burst exists and new adventure schools do not. It might be a band-aid but it's one that the devs could shoe horn in without worrying too much about breaking other stuff. Any post lvl 100 advancement for dragons is going to take a lot of work and while it would be really nice I suspect there are other priorities at the moment.

I got a respounce from a ticket last night. They are not talking about it but it will be brought up to the live team.

The question is, are you ready for Gold Burst?

I see two possible paths to follow by introducing Gold Burst. The first path is perpetuating the "Jack of All Trades" play style, where dragons are capable of both casting and melee with very little distinction. The second path is one that permits more specialization amongst dragons, effectively creating a "caster" and "melee" class (not necessarily adventure schools).

The latter path seems to be more appealing in the long run, and requires far more development to happen properly. It also seems appropriate to introduce GB as part of that path.

Yes, the devs /could/ just "turn on" Gold Burst as it is now, however, that means that should they decide to pursue the more interesting development path later, they will have to take away from what will become an established play style. That is, nerf dragons.

In other words, by getting GB /now/, we'll be left with a (more) broken adventure school, or we'll get nerfed later. Neither of those sound appealing.

Ya know, SC, there is an italics tag on this here forum...
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I personaly would like to see the or method of gold rage or Gold Burst, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I personaly would like to see the or method of gold rage or Gold Burst, myself.
    If I remember correctly, and that's not a sure thing, it was not as high damage as rage but recycled faster and was ranged which is the trade off. Also shared timers but that part is really fuzzy. Don't remember if it had any debuffs on it.

Now I am a caster dragon at heart and my points were all spent on power, primal and focus. My scales are as power based as I can make them teched with caster techs as I can. I rarely attack with melee skills relying mostly on my spells for damage. I'd be happy to give up gold rage and silver strike if it meant more caster type things to splat mobs with.

Here's the thing though. This is the part that could get painful and I don't want to start a Bipeds vs. Dragon discussion. Bipeds can multiclass to boost up their offclass skills (melee or caster) and then settle into a hybrid class (battlemage) and do both effectively. Dragons cannot do this as we only have one class. So as long as the timers were linked shouldn't it be ok to have both? Not saying multiclassing is right or wrong or that we need to have it. I think you can get quite a bit of variation my messing with our points.

I used the above example of Battlemage because that's what Frons used to do so I know that it's feasible at least.

Give Helians Gold Burst and Silver .. uhmm... explosion?!?!?!!..

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thread Information