Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Quest

Default Wedding Quest

Ok, I admit - I'm having fun doing this quest. It's the first serious quest I've tried in HZ (the "Find the Lost Patrol" quest just turned me off).

However, I don't know my way around that well. How do I get to Genevia Island? I'm in New Trismus, and most of the portals I've tried don't give me another portal to this island. I had a heck of a time figuring out how to run to Parsinia, too.

So, any tips folks can give me (other than the old joke of 'practice') would be greatly appreciated!

Just don't spoil the actual quest

From New Trismus pick any of the racial cities (Aug, Dali, Sslanis, etc) and port over to Bristago from there. Or, if you are paying for your travel now, you can go to West Tazoon and get to Bristago via the gate there.

Genevia Island has its own teleport gate at Bristago and you can get to the locations needed for free
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Thanks! I appreciate the help! When I get home, I'll have some more questing to do!

Sahsi

Make sure you read every step carefully and don't get booted during one of the dialogues. It seems as though I have come to the end of the quest with nowhere to go. Good luck, it has a very interesting story that I quite enjoyed! Until I came to "the end" with two incomplete portions that I have no way of completing that is (FYI - I think it's an oddity, everyone I have spoken to had no problems, I think it was a problem on my side)

I had an issue too, where nothing would advance, but with enough tinkering I got it to work.

Sahsi

I've revisited every NPC in this quest, consulted severeal people who have completed the quest and nothing. In fact, when I revisited the starter NPC, he just handed me a new letter... It was a great read up the point I got stuck, but I'm not sure if I have the willpower to do it again.

And Gopher: Nope been and Imperial Crusaders member ever since the second or third week of my time in IC - I started soon after release and left post-merger after Halloween.

I got stuck at the point of getting the finalized dowry agreement from Besoya to take to Elioncha... the system gives a message to go take it to Elioncha before you click the final link in the chat with Besoya. If not careful, you may miss getting the item needed to get Elioncha to send you off with her locket...
    I don't know if you can go back to Besoya to get the agreement; I wound up deleting open quest lines and starting over. Being a gnome, I of course helped her get married, and I did get a reward for it :-)
    Good luck!

Well, can i know what reward do you get if you help her marry? i broke the marriage hehe , because i thought it was not right that thingie with the spell

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I've had this quest break on two different characters, in different ways.

On my dragon, when you're supposed to get the final Dowry agreement from the Uncles, They gave me 'Save the Wedding!' and not the item I needed to take back to Besoya... I had to abandon it and speak to them again to get the quest AND the item.

For my second character, after I gave the wedding ring, I got teleported out of the Grounds, but still had the 'Give Orisklay the Ring!' step uncompleted. I had to port back to the grounds and talk to him again to have the quest complete and be able to talk to the Uncles for the reward.

So some triggers are kinda iffy, still. Very entertaining story, tho.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Quote Originally Posted by Khosadan
    On my dragon, when you're supposed to get the final Dowry agreement from the Uncles, They gave me 'Save the Wedding!' and not the item I needed to take back to Besoya... I had to abandon it and speak to them again to get the quest AND the item.
    Happened to me tonight - although abandoning the quest did NOT help...probably because I'd already started talking to Besoya.

So....I cancelled the whole thing. Maybe I'll try it again some day - it did show promise, although it had way too much porting around for me.

where does the quest start? and whats the reward for it?

can anyone please tell me this?

There are two new arrivals on New Trismus that are greeting newcomers to the island. Rumor has it one of them has a particular problem they could use some help with.

No idea what the reward is, tho...since I couldn't finish the quest...

The reward is 10sp.

Was anyone else disappointed in the very end? It seemed very anticlimatic and unresolved. I chose to break the wedding up and in doing so I get instantly "portalled" out by Mabrouk to Kirasanct (which btw I fell through the floor of upon portal like we use to do when portalling into Kira at all) and trying to talk to Mabrouk netted nothing. I go to NT to finish the quest, she gives me the coin, and all I get is an, "ok yeah thanks now go away" sort of message.

Where's the resolution in that? I dunno about the "saving" choice but I've got a fair few questions on the "stopping" choice!
    How does the "groom" now feel knowing he was duped and why?
    How does the "bride" now feel since her wedding was ruin and it was her once beloved Mabrouk who did it?
    How do the Gnomes now feel knowing that they've lost any hope of rediscovering the mistaken recipe for becoming smaller?
    How does Mabrouk now feel that the woman he loves is once again his to woo?

While the last two questions are rather obvious it would still be nice to have a resolution to them. The ability to go back to one of the NPCs after the quest is done, have them recognize your deed, and remark accordingly. This aspect is COMPLETELY missing from this quest and feels it does the quest a huge disservice.

If you save the wedding, you also get ported out. So fast that for me, I didn't get credit for giving Oriskaly the ring, and had to go back, even.

I can see having to make a quick escape to avoid the carnage after you break the spell, but why the abrupt exit after saving the wedding?

I saved the wedding too but I didn't get ported out, I left using the travel gate once I'd finished talking to everyone again.

I completed it the wednesday after it went live, so I don't know if they have made any changes to it since then.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

I loved the quest, but the ending was a major let down. If it was PSB "magic" then it certainly was poor magic.

That type of porting oddly enough makes you fall through the kira floor, which regular porting does not.. odd.

hmm

what shall i tell about this quest?

did i liked it? no, too much searching for NSC´s, too much porting all around and to much things to read.

The places they created are very nice, they look really good.

is this the first quest created by this novel author? if then im great disappointed.

The reward is frustrating too, i dont need a uber item or an item with 500.000 hoard or anything like this, but anything i can collect or remember me positive would be nice.

maybe an emblem like the gifted one? or maybe an epic mob part? if you take such a quest (took me 90 minutes) i think you should get a reward for it. an passive ability like the one you get from the wishgiver?

Vlisson, it's a quest for low lvl characters for whom the reward is rather a lot of money. It's a fun story and I rather enjoyed it (except indeed the end which was a bit confusing)

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I think we should get a [Wedding Crasher] or [Matchmaker] emblem as a reward, with the cash. That'd be fun to have. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Khosadan
    I think we should get a [Wedding Crasher] or [Matchmaker] emblem as a reward, with the cash. That'd be fun to have. ^^
    LOL

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information