Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Quest

i know that its a low lvl quest, but why should a low lvl quest be without a reward? i dont mean 100s or so, but a nice crystal (with a little bonus) wont destroy the game balance?

for a low lvl this quest is much more difficult than for me (to find the needed nsc or travel to locations never seen before, i remember newbies not knowing that the gate locations are only cities, they thought this are continents)

and this quest is buggy! me and my wife (different accounts, different computers) got ported out of the wedding ground, got struck in the quest, had to travel there again and speak with the half-giant, got the quest solved and closed but got no message to bring the ring to the half giant sister in new Trismus.

For a newbie a little bit frustrating

i forgot to mention: i loved the possibility to decide the ending (help the wedding or try to chancel it), i liked the 3 gnomes talking ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Khosadan
    I think we should get a [Wedding Crasher] or [Matchmaker] emblem as a reward, with the cash. That'd be fun to have. ^^
    hehe this would be cool

i thought with the emblems (when they came ingame, that there will be a lot of emblems out there

but atm there are only a few (and some for craftclasses 100)

This quest was created under the direction of Peter S. Beagle (Last Unicorn, Star Trek etc...) This was his first quest and was used to teach him how things work and to teach our staff how to work with an external author. Peter is now doing that quest (repeatedly) as a player and submitting revisions to us based on his experience. There will be changes in dialogue and fixes to some of the quests steps. And, we are considering providing some other quest rewards for this quest.
    David Bowman

well mr bowman tell peter he did a pretty good job on the quest. i felt it was an unbelievable quest for a new player

it gets them familar with the towns and country side of istaria

it gives you very nice coin for a new player. 10s is alot to a low level character.

2 different ways to complete the quest. very nice. all in all i think the quest was fun for all levels

I tried again last night. got a little farther - got a wedding invitation...and told to go to Uncle Saliash's house to get to the wedding.

Well, that's nice, but I have no idea where this Uncle is. At least with all the other running around, I got a location and direction.

Plus, I ended up lagging like mad...framerate dropped to about 5. So, I just quit. again. For me, this quest is not fun. Add to it the fact that I'm dropping some serious coin to use the portals to get to everywhere, and well, knowing the reward... it's just not worth the effort to finish it.

Sorry, like I said before, it showed promise, but it needs a lot of work. I don't know if I'll try it again after it's reworked - it's gotten too expensive for me to attempt at this point.

He's east of Copperton. Take the east road from the destination pad, up the hill, and near the Smelting machines is a small wooded pond with a house near it. The house with the Uncles, where you went to get the last paper you needed for Besoya. (Tho I will admit, he isn't called by his name when you're sent there the first time, and unless you are the type to look at the NPC's names when they're speaking to you, you can miss it). Though really, asking in New Player would have probably gotten you this info very easily.

My suggestion: Put the directions the NPCs give you in their dialogue in the quest log. Otherwise many times, you can't check the info if you forget, or take a break in the middle of the quest, without dropping the part you're on and talking to them again, or else asking in a chat channel.
    Really, HZ is not a game where you can put a quest down in the middle, unless you make notes right off the bat, as oftentimes important info is ONLY given in the initial NPC dialogue. The quest log could use some tweaks in its usefulness in certain cases.
    Last edited by Khosadan; April 26th, 2006 at 05:28 AM.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Sometimes you need to read the quest dialogue before you just run off.. instead of just closing and try to do a 1,2,3 kill type quest. If thats all you want then don't even bother and go back to grinding :/

His words to me:

Excellent work! It looks as though this wedding is going to happen thanks to you! Now, take this invitation and meet me at the wedding ceremony. You'll be able to get there by using the portal at Uncle Saliash's house. Oh, isn't this exciting!

He also didn't give me the ring...which I was expecting, but maybe he'd give me that at the wedding. As you can see tho, there's no directions to the uncle's house.

Believe me, grinding is NOT what I'm about. I'm pretty anal about taking screenshots/notes of every quest I do in whatever game I'm playing, for a variety of reasons. I've asked things in NPA before, tho, and been ignored, so I didn't expect that last night would have been any different.

I'll head to Copperton tonight, and search for him, so thanks for that tip.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    Sometimes you need to read the quest dialogue before you just run off.. instead of just closing and try to do a 1,2,3 kill type quest. If thats all you want then don't even bother and go back to grinding :/
    ha ha

nice explanation that this quest is confusing.

We discuss about this quest and maybe the possibility to improve it and all upcoming quests.

If you think its fair to hide some infos in the dialogues and frustrate new players then its ok but dont offense other players

We have a notepad, we have directions and a real quest, I had no problem at all with the quest with the exception of a minor bug I could work around. If you just want to not do the quest and follow steps then I do think this isn't for you.

I had a problem with the bit about seeing "Saliash" also. I happened to recall that I had thought the wording of the earlier part of the quest sending you out to the "Uncles Jain" or what ever it was, was odd. So when I got out there and saw that the "Uncles" was in fact plural, I made note of the names. When I got to this part..I knew. It would probably help people if the 2nd part about going to Saliash's house actually used his last name...Saliash Jain. Might help people make the connection back to the first part. I would also note that it is helpful to use the command "/select npc_name" when you are searching for someone. This will highlight them when you get close enough (note the "when you get close enough" part). Using this worked well everywhere except for the quest npc in Feladen (sp?) where the npc_name in the quest log is not spelled the same as the npc is actually named. I also messed up at the very end. I didn't read the quest log closely enough and tried to use the "dispell illusion" potion/charm/whatever it was..don't remember on the half-giant before I had spoken to someone. The quest says you have to speak to one of the uncles, I believe, prior to trying to bring the half giant to his senses. So now I'm stuck...I have no ring, no "potion", no completed quest. It was a fun quest, don't get me wrong. I loved the story and the fact that I could pick which way it ended. But not sure I have the patience for all the porting to go do it again.
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

Iysa

Default Problem nr end too

The problem I had was, that having got the hair from Elioncha (? is that the right name) and returning to the half-giant, he ignored me. Just waved. I tried several times but got nowhere, so in the end I deleted the quests and items.

I wondered if it was because I'd had to try the quest in three sessions as my computer had crashed? Anyone any ideas as I may want to have another go sometime - 10s is a nice reward for a newbie like me!

Whatever you do, DON'T go to the wedding without your invitation. I did this and of course Williwaw wouldn't let me in. Unfortunately he has no dialogues for letting you leave either so I was stuck there. Logged out and did a forced recall which got me back to bind point, but I still have the No Entry debuff and so I can't move.

My other char is at the wedding with the box for the uncles, but the uncles aren't there. Teleported back to their house in the gnome village and they won't talk to me there. No-one at the wedding says anything interesting (except Gaalsif - rofl @ him).

I loved the storyline of the quest and especially being able to choose the ending. I'd just like to be able to implement an ending....

Rhyssa, there is no way to get to the Wedding Grounds without the invitation UNLESS you got that far in the quest and then deleted it and started over. This unfortunately is not a bug with the quest, but rather a side-effect of it having been deleted as quests cannot clean up after themselves.

Moral of the story: Don't Delete Quests

Heheh
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

You got in to the wedding grounds and then Uncles weren't there? I have absolutely NEVER seen this happen. Did you try relogging to make sure it wasn't just that they didn't load properly when you first got there? There's no reason they wouldn't be there.

And no, they won't talk to you back at your house about the wedding. The Uncles at the wedding are in a completely different "mind set" than the ones at the house (meaning their dialogue is totally different).

There's no dialogue from Williwaw about letting you leave because if you've gotten that far, then you shouldn't be wanting to leave. Williwaw wants to influence you, shall we say, into his line of thinking. So he's not going to give you options. The effect should wear off... I think.

Iysa, for your problem I'm a bit more confused. Can you write down what your quest step says in your journal? Hopefully you haven't deleted it... because as Amon says... DON'T DELETE QUESTS!!.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Rhyssa, there is no way to get to the Wedding Grounds without the invitation UNLESS you got that far in the quest and then deleted it and started over. This unfortunately is not a bug with the quest, but rather a side-effect of it having been deleted as quests cannot clean up after themselves.

Moral of the story: Don't Delete Quests

Heheh
    I got the invitation, but it's been quite a while since I started the quest and the invitation is in my vault. I got the potion from my vault before going on with it, but forgot the invitation. I was able to teleport to the wedding grounds but then of course I have no invitation to hand him so I'm stuck. I'm now back at my bind point but still couldn't move so couldn't go to my vault and get the invitation. It wasn't until I got to this point that I tried deleting the quest in hopes the debuff would disappear too. OK, it was a far-fetched hope, but I was desperate.

I cleared world cache and now the uncles are there - thank you very much Velea. I wouldn't have thought of that
    Last edited by Rhyssa; June 9th, 2006 at 01:29 AM.

What server is this on? Did you try clearing your world cache? Because I just ran the quest on both live servers and it worked just fine. The uncles are back behind all the rest of the guests, but they are there. Standing a bit down the hill from everyone else.

Why is one character unplayable? Because of that buff? If so, then we need to fix that so there's a timer on it. I've never noticed because I've always just run the quest.

Edit: I had Amon add a timer to that buff. If your character doesn't have a timer on it when you log in, submit a support ticket with the character name so I WM can clear it for you. I apologize for the oversight on my part of not thinking that the speed debuff might need a timer.
    Last edited by Velea; June 9th, 2006 at 01:26 AM.

I finished the quest on my dragon, and I have to say the whole quest was worth it just for Gaalsif's final dialogue! rofl

I did find a minor bug, when I stood next to Oriskaly to use the potion I was out of range by 12 metres, I actually had to go stand near Gaalsif for it to work.

I logged in Rhyssa but her debuff still has no timer, I'll give the devs more time before I put in another ticket.

(hugs) Velea, you're my favourite person for the day

Default Nice quest

Just finished this quest for the first time, and I really liked it.
    But then again, I love quests that force you to make a decision.

In the beginning I was kinda disappointed about all the running around, but as I got to speak with more and more people and learned more about what was going on, I really got hooked on the story.

Great quest! More of those, please!

/Caelin

Thread Information