Thread: Ho do I launch the 14days trial?

Unhappy Ho do I launch the 14days trial?

How can the 14days trial be launched? After I downloaded the stuff I got the message to launch the game from www.istaria.com but I must be blind, I do not find any link to a launcher on that site...

When I used the launcher from this community site ('play horizons') and tried to etablish an account the Code TUGALC was not accepted (message said it was too short for a CD key), so this is apparently not the launcher I need...
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

the EU CD Key for the trial account you only get via email from GN, by creating an account at www.gnonline.net

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor Itieles
    the EU CD Key for the trial account you only get via email from GN, by creating an account at www.gnonline.net
    Hi Chaldor, I think I found a solution. I won't give up.

But thanx for your advice -- I already have an account on the european server and I definitely do not want to play on the GN 'supported' server for much longer.

Way that I did it was to use the NA log in by clicking the tab top right of the EU log in page. I then just set up an account using the US log in. I did need to use a different e-mail address as my EU log in is apparently also on the US database. Have been playing all morning while waiting on Unity to reboot. It is worthwhile doing the full scan however as some files from EU appear to interfere with the NA system. Im in Chaos as Argor Hammerfist.

Well, I now finished some of the steps, overcame the active X problem as well and am now faced with the bug of failed patching process, that is described in another thread.

I don't feel comfortable enough with the computer to follow the steps described there to set things right for fear of making things worse and not being able to fix them.

Maybe I'll tackle that tomorrow or I'll leave be. I am not easily frustrated in real life but things like these dispirit me and I am simply angry that they exist.

1 day later:
    Found out the problem had to to with key registry. The US installation apparently interferes with the installed european version.
    Last edited by snickel; April 13th, 2006 at 07:27 AM.

Thread Information