View Poll Results: Should dragons have deferent Adventurer Schools

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 75.00%
  • no

3 25.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should dragons have deferent adventure schools?

Default Re: Should dragons have deferent adventure schools?

since helians are already not far behind on melee, this classing system propsed by oakleif skews things towards helians. I would have to disconcur.

You se, faction, means very little. its philosophy if you look at lore..for hte most part anyway...lets ask general lunus if helian hit like a 3 year old. I bet he wouldnt say Helian was a sissy.

By the same token I bet helian would remark on the generals capacity for use of primal magic.

Point here is... faction should NOT determine class.

You will have lunus asking why they cant heal...helians asking why they get aoes but no direct spells...and vice versa

You'll have lunus purists saying spells are pointless and helaisn saying they dont care about melee.

In the end all of them are correct.

Might I add, before classes are discussed the spell line for dragons as a whole would need tweaking a great deal.

I still am against classes in the tradtitional sense...though I am not allowed to vote upon it. if the devs were to look at the poll it would not be an accurate representation. Especially since a small % of players actually post onand read the forums.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

That is actually a point I never thought of before. However, if the idea of different classes for Dragons is not very good, could we at least have more variety? as I said before, there comes an obvious point where there is nothing left to achieve, which means that player fequently leave as they have nothing to do.

I am Dragon, hear me RAWR!!!!!

Ok... what if we remove the Helian or Lunus aspect, and suggest:

Primal Healer - extra primal abilities giving some augmentations (mostly dragon specific but also some general stat augmentations that could be cast on bipeds also) along with single target and group direct heals.

Primal Warrior - extra primal abilities giving some utility spells (roots for instance) and direct damage spells (both single target and AOE)

Warrior - extra tooth and claw abilites giving several AOE melee attacks, several more single target attacks, and possibly a couple utility attacks (hamstring to slow movement speed for instance).

You should only be able to use the abilities from your current path, with an open question about whether switching paths is possible. Each ability would be quested for, and quests would begin no earlier than level 80.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    I think dragons should have deferent adventure schools so they can utilize different elements all there is breath or fire breath of lightning (Lunis) and Breath of ice (don’t flame me for the misspelling ) (healian ) if you study dragons as a hobby you know that there are different classes of dragons elemental Fire Earth Wind Water Lightning Storm ect.. and there are a few other classes but I think peds should not have all the fun I mean after you’re a l.v.100 what then . Craft? Lunis race forbid.

aney feed back would be great
    Elder, I have some few wakings past all I may be of war, aye and craft also. And I must speak that I would stand against the words ye speak, and the words of others that have spoken thus.

Were it of interest, I could speak further to my reasoning. I do not only for that of recent tide many simply make note that, and I admit due to my own poor skill in Common, my words are too ill set for their liking. Please understand, I do not take this ill. I am no great master of words and speak but poorly.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

I have to say, I am not into multi-classing bi-ped classes, but it would be fun to have options that fit Dragon lore.

Perhaps elemental paths, where through questing and leveling one gets better at a given elemental aspect, things that enhance our current abilities. Only one of these specialties could be active at a time, roughly like bi-ped classes, and they would essentially add bonuses. Unlike bi-ped multi-classes, though, active specialties would be all or nothing. If you knew both Earth and Fire, you would only gain benefit from whichever was active.

For instance, if we go the path of Air then perhaps our attacks (magical and otherwise) have bonus electrical damage and a chance to stun. Healing and buff spells might have a chance to strip negative effects (like the Cleanse tech), or give a haste buff. The amount of the effects would be tier or even level dependent, of course.

One could even do simple adjustments for faction, such as when a Lunus has Fire as the active element they would get bonuses to their healing spells, while Helian would get the bonus when Water is active. The adjustments would have to be things that would balance out between the factions, such that in the long run both have relative access to all benefits.

If all of these things are affected by current stats then it would still balance out with respect to faction and training differences.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

A very interesting proposal, I like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn View Post
    I have to say, I am not into multi-classing bi-ped classes, but it would be fun to have options that fit Dragon lore.

Perhaps elemental paths, where through questing and leveling one gets better at a given elemental aspect, things that enhance our current abilities. Only one of these specialties could be active at a time, roughly like bi-ped classes, and they would essentially add bonuses. Unlike bi-ped multi-classes, though, active specialties would be all or nothing. If you knew both Earth and Fire, you would only gain benefit from whichever was active.

For instance, if we go the path of Air then perhaps our attacks (magical and otherwise) have bonus electrical damage and a chance to stun. Healing and buff spells might have a chance to strip negative effects (like the Cleanse tech), or give a haste buff. The amount of the effects would be tier or even level dependent, of course.

One could even do simple adjustments for faction, such as when a Lunus has Fire as the active element they would get bonuses to their healing spells, while Helian would get the bonus when Water is active. The adjustments would have to be things that would balance out between the factions, such that in the long run both have relative access to all benefits.

If all of these things are affected by current stats then it would still balance out with respect to faction and training differences.
    i have thought along the same path for a wile now i have even made quests for Hz that can ether deepen the rift with factions or reunite the race
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

hears what i posed in a nother form but it still holds true to this thread

I studied Dragons as a hobby. (Yes I know there mythical beast but there cool and I wanted to learn about them)

But indeed there are factions in dragon lore and in throws factions there laid classes certain controls over the forces of nature. All Dragons have the Fire breath but as they age in to there roles and in there family’s they gain more control than just flight and Lightning and Ice.

Depending on there habitats and what class mated with which they would get controls over

Earth Dragons: the are inland often are wise and Powerful and can shake the very earth when angered Earth dragons are Xenophobes wich they enjoy there solitude from every one else but there own kind these dragon are not gifted in flight and often hide in caves with massive amounts of hoard

Fire :Volcanically active parts give these dragons more control over the force of lava and fire often these are extremely aggressive and prefer to be True warriors there true to there feelings so if you anger them most likely you have messed with a full clan and will not live to see tomorrow with out proving your self to them

Wind: now this is interesting storm and wind was faction base piece being the kinder class and storm being the ruling class wind class dragons control mezzo cyclones and other wind phenomenon

Water: is if the hatchling around a beach lake or other body of water. these dragons are very laxed and free flowing unlike there relatives the Ice class they are easy to forgive and often enjoy piece and harmony there playful a bit misogynous and are very gifted in combat and can summon Tide forces to crush there enemies or any one that wishes them harm but most just like to swim around and eat fish

Ice: is if the hatchling where born in ice and snow. Dragons that have been brought up in a harsh habitat often welled enhanced defenses, and are extremely powerful. Some boast of causing avalanches blizzards and other ice related hazards. Often these dragons are very arrogant and are very unforgiving like ice is.

Storm: These dragons show control over the lightning and damaging aspects of a storm these are Ruling class dragons living on some of the highest mountain peaks so there a combination of Wind and water and are generally chaotic good and represent balance
    Odd for a warrior dragon but they possess both skill of ruling and mercy

Or if the dragons upbringing was fort with sorrow, disperse, strife, and darkness he would turn in to a Shadow Class.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I studied Dragons as a hobby. (Yes I know there mythical beast but there cool and I wanted to learn about them)
    The thing is...those dragons aren't necessarily the dragons that live in Istaria.

I beg to differ.

There is the Egyptian type where they are 2 legs to 2 wings. These Dragons do not sit rather they kneel (have you watched Tremors where the graboids fly kind of like that I will find a pic if need be. I know Last chaos U.s.a has a great model of them.

Mina type is more serpents like in nature .

Greek/ Rome (Istaria kind ) the Quadruped kind where there is 4 legs to 2wings. Watch Dragon heart and other movies on the sci-fi channel Great models of dragons.

Chine’s is also mainly serpent with some differences. These dragons can have up to 4 wings to support there massive bodies.

Not only that
    Istaria is based off Greek and Rome need proof look at the crafting classes .
    Last edited by lightning claw; March 12th, 2008 at 03:41 AM. Reason: odd puncuation

Quote Originally Posted by Oakleif View Post
    Here's my thoughts on the differences...

Helian casters - AOE and single target spells, buffs affecting spellcasting stats and skills (self and others), and heals.
    Helian melee - AOE and single target melee abilities, buffs affecting melee stats and skills (self and others), and heals.
    Lunus casters - single target spells, buffs affecting primal skill only.
    Lunus melee - single target melee abilities, buffs affecting t&c only.

This follows the pattern of Helian dragons being more AOE-oriented and group friendly, and Lunus being single-target damage machines.
    Does that mean Lunus can't heal? XD

No, it doesn't mean that. It means they wouldn't get additional bonuses to healing for having chosen that path. See later posts for revised suggestions based on other opinions expressed here. All of the abilities in that initial post are additional skills earned by advancment in the new path.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

I like the idea of having elemental Dragons, that would be interesting

Elemental dragons would be nice, but choosing of personality by element wouldn't.

Hrough is technically a water/ice hybrid, and is as unforgiving as a tsunami, for the most part. By no means is he some creature that likes to frolick around and eat fish all day. *snicker* Just because one dragon lore says something, does not mean it is the best suited for other worlds and lores. (I rarely see dragon lore that matches up between two worlds anyhow)

There are some Lore that said they do more than that, but thats the consencess. Water dragons, will Warn once, give a warning shot , and then your going down
    they are a very relaxed dragon . <Healian >

I used to be a hard core dragon player. I like my dragon and have always wished we had more adventure levels. I just don't believe we will ever see them.

However, I wish AE would have looked at the worthless state of their soft level cap. If the soft level cap for dragons could be readjusted some of us would have a reason to play them beyond 100/100/100. I think Vengeance has somewhere around 200 million experiance he has earned since level 100. I think he is setting at .02% toward level 101. The soft level cap is overwhelming in my opinion.

I
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

It's supposed to be. That's why it's a soft cap, and not a soft extension or something like that. If someone can get even 1%, which is small, but would give someone the feeling "this isn't insurmountable," then someone will get 100%, and then all hell breaks lose.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Assuming they don't nerf xp with hounds and such

if you hunted for 8 hours per day non stop it would take you some 21 years to reach lv 101 .

This is why Dragons are awesome at first, but there not really going any where. Players quit after reaching 100 and are unable to multi class like bipeds. How i hoped it would go down is AFTER YOUR AROP you need to help the councel of the ancients, cause something honorably went wrong ,go on a long quest to pick up a new adv class, and this adv class is directly Linked with Finding knowledge of what has happened to the Counsel .with each elemental class comes new abilitys how ever ,

1 YOU LOOSE flight ability and revert back to a hachie for the first 20 levels New class only

2 The righting system is just as hard if not harder than bipeds

3 All Xp that was made after 100 was removed pending the arivel of the new schools

I wish a mod or a Dev would comment on this post so we can bat this idea around with them. I got a hole quest line that would blast the gates wide open for expansion of the land and t6 baddies
    Last edited by lightning claw; March 19th, 2008 at 03:56 AM.

There are some Lore that said they do more than that, but thats the consencess. Water dragons, will Warn once, give a warning shot , and then your going down
    they are a very relaxed dragon . <Healian >
    I don't see WHERE you would find consencus on this. Every book/world I've read usually has a different take on each dragon color. Unless you're going with the D&D descriptions of the dragons, which I tend to not like, it's rare to see colors have overlapping personalities consistantly between worlds. (with the exception that reds and blacks usually are very nasty. XD)

This is why I think suddenly putting in a guide for personalities based on color would be a bad idea. Lots of people have created characters outside of your 'norm' for personalities by color. It'd screw with roleplaying massively.

Me I am a black dragon but I am far from nasty nor do I live in a swamp. I am more of a loner but that is just because of my play style so I built of the lore of me being born on the other side of the great wall to the east. So the "normal" color personality that you seem to subscribe too.

Thread Information