Thread: Unity is...

Arrow Unity is...

"Unity"... it is not just a server, it is a community. With it's own customs and traditions, it's guilds and friendships. With chat channels each with their own character, with regular faces and in-jokes.

"We" are not just characters with classes and levels. We are each a part of our community, and we carry with us all our past experiences of playing together. And our characters are the result of effort and work, developed over months and years.

Unity is what we have made it. Every plot, lair, guild town and community structure that people have built. Our long-standing guilds. The regular lines of trade people have set up on consigners.

Unity's community also has a fighting spirit, we're not about to give up on everything we've created. We have endured the GN/Tulga situation for a long time now, and we're still here. If we haven't given up by now, we're not going to!

Some people will probably think I'm stating the obvious. In fact I hope many people will read my post and think that. But when we're shouting "Save Unity!" I think it's important to make it very clear what we're fighting for.

I've recently heard suggestions (both on these forums and on IRC) about EU players starting again on a US shard, or somehow importing our characters onto a US shard. With the greatest of respect to our US friends, this is not the answer. It's not just our characters, plots, lairs and guild towns that would be lost, it's our community itself that would not longer exist. We would be refugees in a strange land.

Many players are very loyal, and will stick with Unity until it's very last day. Some say this loudly, others say it more quietly, but many have said this. And I know, because I'm one of them. But it's also true that many of our regular and veteran players are not prepared to move to a US shard. If Unity dies, they will take their memories with them and leave Istaria forever.

So please Tulga, do what you can to keep Unity going. Whatever problems exist between you and GN, sort them out!

Soresha

Amen Soresha.

Only what i can add to this great post is that i will be also there until the lights go out.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

To be or not to be... I choose to be. I will never abandon my friends.

Hear hear!
    Unity or nothing.. I'll be there till they pull the plug (and I hope they can't find it )

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Hear, hear, good strong words.

I'd sooner quit Horizons than leave Unity.
    Qualin Midashan / Qnarl Sharptooth

Very well said Soresha.

Ill be on Unity to the bitter end too, just like the community we all have build there. And moving (even if its all of the Unity players) to another shard isnt the way to do it.
    Im just F.I.N.E.
    Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic, Emotional

Wow.. to see your responses is heartening, that's our fighting spirit showing through.

I wanted to express what I value about Unity, what I don't want to see lost. To say that our community is something special, something unique that goes beyond raw data that can be imported into another database. I'm glad to find others share this view.

But please don't read something into my post that I didn't write there. I am not throwing down some kind of ultimatum to Tulga. I am trying to show them how much we value our community. I am asking them to appreciate what we have created, and not to underestimate the strength of committment of Unity's players.

So if anyone else would like to add further positive statements of support for our community, your words would be most welcome here.

Giving up? No never after all we had seen here on Unity...
    I saw many other games come and go...also played some of them a time but always came back to Istaria.
    And thats becuase our server yes our community stands for so much.. all those emotes, the things we did, what we build .....
    I'm not willing to give ub, but if this server dies, I will not make a new start at any other Hz server.

Quote Originally Posted by Soresha
    But please don't read something into my post that I didn't write there. I am not throwing down some kind of ultimatum to Tulga.
    What I wrote wasn't an ultimatum (Ie: Fix Unity or lose me as a player), but a simple statement of fact. I have invested hundreds and hundreds of hours in Ice and then later Unity. I lost a huge plot in Selen because of server merger. I just got that back in the form a huge plot in Brandon's Shelf.

I am not ever going to start over a 3rd time, it would just be too painful.
    Qualin Midashan / Qnarl Sharptooth

Leaving Unity? Never! Too much things I fought for, too many people I don't want to forsake. I may go to NA shards one day... maybe... but not before Unity gives its last breath of life.
    Fleeing is not an answer. Neither is merge.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Ok it's a Game, but not only. And yes i was also angry sometimes because of missfunction. BUT I'M still HERE. The support is not answering its seems not only me. Just add. a nother bug report... Ok this is not what many people seek and maybe you could add Slotts making possibel to play all Rases in one Acc. like outher games. Would be realy nice.

But HZ = Homezone
    in this Game you can be not only in a Guild, you can have a secounde Famely, building Tunnels... Plots... in Istaria gives you the oppiunity to build something more at you life. I have Friends throught Hz i can count on even extern HZ. Put the Game bag into the shops, also in Germany, and People will come again. Maybe take the best comments as commercial for the Game, what can be better then comments from players.

This is not a Game it's on Adventure and if you dont close the door to the real life, friends might come througt. Helping you in Real life to. ( Personel expierence )

I'm a dryard and can hide verry good if you pull the pluck i'll come out my hide and put it back again.

I'm putting my name down here too. It's nice of TG to try and make it possible for Unity accounts to have access to a server with proper support, but it isn't a solution.

Some people have been willing to start afresh and have moved. I don't think anyone willing to start afresh has stayed, though, but I could be wrong. Unity is as much a geniune community as it is a server. For me, as others, this goes beyond the mere notion of horizons being a game.

It is my sincere hope that a real solution can be found.

Eventhough I have been away for a long time already I still think alot about my 2 dragons and my Sslik slave...

I made the decission to leave Horizons not because of the massive bugs I had experienced, but mostly because there was no way of getting them dealt with...

I still think the game is very good only its a shame that the ppl in charge of Unity are fools.
    Imho its better to sell the game to another host that might want to do good with it then to let it die out like this.

I really hope that something is done to the current situation on Unity and I might even be back again in the distant future...

Anyway it's time again to move on...

Greetings to you all from Rvlion, Dralion and Sslion.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information